Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

Augh, multiplayer, multiplayer, multiplayer.... THINK DAMMIT!

AH!

256px-Crbox.jpg

YEEEEAAAAAHHH!!!!

But seriously, anyone who's played this game KNOWS how absolutely addicting the multiplayer is. Customize your robo, and then duke it out in the holosseum. I spent countless hours playing this game with my friend (even though he was a douchebag and kept using Athena to spam jump >:U). If you haven't played this game, then get off your ass and buy it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Favorite Multiplayer Game/Component

team_fortress_2_hires_logo1.png

It's weird to have to make this decision.

Team Fortress 2 is an absolutely amazing multiplayer game. Back when I originally picked up the Orange Box, I was just looking for a copy of Portal and Half Life 2. I hadn't even considered the idea of playing a multiplayer shooter because I thought all of them were the same and that if you've played Halo or whatever you've played them all. "Run around and shoot people. If you shoot first, you win, if not, you'll probably get made fun of by some 9 year old redneck," I thought to myself.

But when I actually played TF2 I was astounded. The graphics had a stylized cartoony feel, the characters were all unique and varied, and everyone is forced to work together. I remember the first time I played CTF_Well. It's not the greatest map, but since it's slow moving I got to see everyone at work. Medics were running around looking for people to heal, Pyros were spraying teammates with fire to check for Spies, and Engineers were strategically setting up defensive Sentry Guns around our fort. If you've been playing the game for a while you kinda take it for granted, but I still think that's REALLY COOL.

And last year they gave us the ability to record our own replays of the game and put them on Youtube, so I will end this little tangent with a

Try TF2. It's completely free. You have no reason not to.

Super_smash_bros_logo.png

While TF2 is definitely one of my favorite multiplayer games, it could only tie with my other favorite.

Super Smash Bros is a casual approach to the fighting game genre that anyone can get into. There's not even much to say about it, because I think everyone here has played it. It's pure Nintendo fan-servicey fun. Who doesn't like the idea of going into a frantic battle with up to 3 other Nintendo characters and seeing who comes out on top?

And since the game has a big element of luck to it, it's easier to get a non-fan or group of people to play than say, Street Fighter or other more "serious" fighting games.

Smash Bros games, particularly Melee have provided my brother and I with hours upon hours of fun.

So I guess to summarize, I think Smash Bros has to be my favorite multiplayer game to be enjoyed with people I know in real life, while Team Fortress 2 is my favorite game to play with randoms I've never met before.

Edited by Solly

Gonna have to be a yearly update game, this.

FIFA!

Its probably not the best multiplayer game out there, but it sure as hell has my best memories. Ever since Fifa 09, me and 6 of my mates have organised the FIFA Draft Tournament Extravaganza!!!!!

We each pick a squad of 23, with a limit of only 5 players from any league allowed in a squad (a nominated Captain is exempt). Once the best 161 players in the world have been chosen, we make our tournament. Everyone plays each other once in a round-robin. At the end of it, 3rd plays 4th in a bronze medal match, and the top two play a final to decide the Champion. We've even modified a WWE replica belt as a prize!

We do these tournaments near-monthly, and they last about 5 hours every time. And my word, we still get so excited. 25 yard goal? "DDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Bad penalty decision? Outrage! Tate doesn't press the "shoot" button quick enough? He strops, takes off shoes and throws them across the room. Best one was when he went for a drive around the block to cool off.

But yeah, back to Fifa itself. I don't buy it that often, but the core gameplay is pretty timeless. Hell, that's WHY I don't buy it often. One game can last me a console generation. And with a bunch of mates in one room? It doesn't get much better.

Honourable mention goes to Bishi Bashi Special for being absolutely fucking mental, but hopefully I can into further detail on a later day.

You gotta go fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5vt-_cm1Qs

We Shazbot now.

Day 5: Favourite multiplDAMMIT, EAR RAPE!

Alright, favourite multiplayer game/component?

Let's start off with the "bound to be whored in this thread" game: Dairantō Sumasshu Burazāzu Ekkusu.

Or... Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

SSBB_Cover.jpg

I’ve heard legends of that person

How he plunged into enemy territory

How he saved his homeland

How he traveled the breadth of the land, reducing all he touched to rubble

Revered by many -- I, too, revere him

Feared by many -- I, too, fear him

Now, that person

Stands at my side

Now that person stands at my side

Now my friends are with me

Some of them were once heroes

Some, my mortal enemies

And as we face each other in battle, locked in combat

We shine ever brighter

Let's see... you get to play as Nintendo's All Stars along with much requested 3rd party brawlers Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake, play in any given symbolic environment of all represented franchises including old favourites, create your own battlefields, and take part in an in-game storyline with optional co-op bringing all of these franchises together. WHAT IS NOT TO LIKE!

I played the original Smash Bros off the Virtual Console and have Melee, so this one was a must have. Such a wide variety of characters to choose from!

The music is also to die for! And the game has its own theme with lyrics. Latin as well, thus cranking up the awesome.

I honestly can't wait for the next one (and hope that Sonic stays).

Runner-up would be Mario Kart: Double Dash. A 2 man team on each vehicle made this one of my favourite MK instalments.

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 2

185732sc.jpg

Left 4 Dead/Left 4 Dead 2

Absoloutely no question. The original and sequel combined, I have put over 1000 hours into these games.

One of the things I can never get into with most multiplayer shooters is how you just play for hours on end, no real "goal" other than to win each incidental match and increase your ranking/get items etc etc.

What I love about Left 4 Dead, is each self-contained campaign is structured like a single player game. The average playthrough is only about an hour, but gives a real sense of progress and satisfaction like I get from playing a single player game, which is usually my preference. Of course the randomness of the zombie and item spawning system means each campaign plays slightly differently each time, and of course there's all the user-made add-on campaigns even if you get bored of the official ones.

The lack of rankings or unlockables etc etc make every game a fresh start too. It's not like RPGs where if one person plays more often than others they end up "ahead" or otherwise unequal. You can always play with anyone, whenever, completely neutral.

Just had so many fun times with friends on this game. Versus mode is pretty good too if I'm in the mood for it. I'm not a fan of the randomness of the difference of skills between human players so I usually just cheat my way in to playing against survivor bots, so I can get all the fun of playing as the zombies without any of the stress of actually... playing to win, lol.

I also love the characters and story. Obviously I've played it so much to the point of... twisting the characters as to my own amusement (playing with friends and having the characters jumping about and spamming vocalisations doesn't help keep the integrity of the universe too much).

Close seconds would be the Smash Bros and Mario Kart series'. I also used to adore Sonic Adventure 2's multiplayer back before I overplayed it and became ridiculously better than my friends. 8C

(Also messing with cheats on Left 4 Dead 1 is good internet social time):

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 3

Favorite Multiplayer

FourSwordAdventures-e1317255944820.jpg

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

While I also love the Super Smash Bros. games a ton, I really loved playing this game with my roommate during or breaks in College. I never got the chance to play the original Four Swords, but I definitely want to in the future.

Anyways, having enjoyed the Zelda franchise already, picking this game up and playing with my friend was so much fun. It was a new experience for us both and having cooperation and extremely stupid moments mix in was possibly the best thing ever. Ranging from accidently lighting my friend on fire via firerod or causing her to accidently fall into a pit by walking off a switch to using eachother as weapons and trying to figure out some of the puzzles together, this game was so much joy. We managed to mess around with eachother without annoying the other player and switch off roles extremely easily. Loved this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 5: Your Favorite Multiplayer Game

Halo-Reach-Box-Art.jpg

Good. Lawd. I really didn't become very interested in online multiplayer until I played this game. Yes, there are plenty of other FPS's out there that let you go online and shoot people in the face, but...I don't know, Halo Reach is just more fun to do that with. Maybe it's just the things that set Halo apart from the various war shooters, like the health and shield systems, weapons, vehicles, etc...

Oh, and there are TONS of game modes. In addition to your typical deathmatch-type modes, you have Team SWAT where no one has any shields are radar - which is very fun if you're winning and very unfun if you're not, I'll just say - Invasion, where one team is the Spartans and one is the Elites and you have to complete a bunch of objectives to defeat the other team, and lots of others. There are also plenty of variants on these multiplayer modes, such as Team Sniper, where everyone has sniper rifles, and Elite Slayer where all of the players are Elites and have to use Elite weapons and loadouts and such. In short, it's awesomely fun and generally great frickin' stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 5: Best Multiplayer

MAG.jpg

MAG was announced during one of Sony's E3 conference and not too much was given away, just that it would be something like 180 players on one battlefield having a huge fight, originally entitled "Massive Action Game" it was shortened to just MAG with Massive Action Game being a subtitle.

MAG's main appear was that you would be one soldier on the battlefield in an army, you would have mission and you would report to other players in your unit who would report to another player who in turn would report to the OIC (Officer in Charge), these roles were given to players. Just before the battle started and the game would normally pick people to be these special roles on the following factors.

* did they have a microphone (this was vital for issuing orders and co-ordinating attacks with every other player).

* What was their current level

* How many MVP's/experiene points had they had.

Now it didn't decide strictly on those, it would usually vary the factors so no one guy was the same role over and over again.

But anyway...

You are a soldier in one of three factions/PMC's, Sver (terrorists), Raven (High tech, but poorly trained) & Valor (Hardened vets but they use 'basic stuff') Now idealy the factions are more or less equal, however various maps do favour some factions over others, most noticably Sver... but anyway.

As you play the game you get experience points which allow you to unlock new weapons and abilities, but.... due to the upgrade structure no one player could have everything unlocked. You had to decide on the role you wanted to be, meaning there was a lot of customisation and idealy no one soldier was the same as the others. There were some skills that everybody wanted, but usually there was a lot of diversity on the battlefield.

MAG---Massive-Action-Game_b_102871.jpg

Now why do I like MAG so much? Because it wasn't just a sense of 'one person will win the day' or 'lets kill each other for no reason' there was a sense that everybody was working towards something, that every action you took, regardless as to how small was helping in some way, sometimes a player could do something and it would turn the entire tide of the battle.

There was something I did that helped illustrate this point.

During a game, my side were trying to attack this oil platform and one 'side' of the map was having hell trying to get past the defenses, you see in MAG, you have bunker defenses, then theres an Anti Aircraft emplacement which prevents airstrikes and air drops. However on some maps, it's very hard to get past the bunkers and get to the AA.

So I was the sqaud leader in my team and I had a bunker buster bomb ready, my team were already attacking the oil platform so I had to use the bomb to help another side... I decided to head over to this one side from the back, I was able to destroy the AA which then allowed me to use a bunker buster bomb, with the enemy totally confused as to what was going on, it gave this unit time to take out the other bunkers and press on through to the oil platform, we won that particular game, but I suspect it might not have been the case had I not gone to help that other side.

mag-massive-action-game-ss-6.jpg

There are things you can do on this game which are simply amazing, like try and sniper people that are paracuting towards your base, or like I would do, equip heavy armour, all the knife perks... and just run around stabbing people, amazingly this actually got me a 30 kill streak in one game!

But why I like MAG's multiplayer is a sense of leadership and that you have to communicate, the OIC's role especially can effect every player on the battlefield, he must communicate with the rest of the army, especially so that he can co-ordinate attacks. I used to get made the OIC quite a lot, sadly however, not many people would 'listen' or agree with instructions, but when they did, boy it was amazing.

Think of it like this... your side has around 120 people on it... you issue a VERBAL order... and everybody agrees and follows it... name one game where you have that power or influence? One time my army wasn't getting very far, we couldn't keep hold of the capture points... so I said out loud "All soldiers, this is the officer in charge. All players fighting for checkpoints A & B concentrate on holding point B, All players fighting for C & D concentrate on point C! [etc] We can win this if we focus on capturing one checkpoint on each side!"

To my amazement, most people agreed and whilst some idiots kept trying to retake well defended areas, the majority realised it would work... suddenly I've got 100+ people following my instructions and moving to these targets... and it worked... we won the battle.

201018175448_3.jpg

It doesn't always go that way though, sometimes people don't listen, but those who do play the game and 'get it' who understand how MAG works will listen to what the OIC or the other 'leaders' say, if they make sense then chances are they will follow their instructions and the battle usually goes in their favour.

One other story that I remember, one mission was 'capture the APC' I managed to capture it and was driving it to the extract point... looking ahead in the road I notice some blinking lights... for a moment I thought 'what are those?' then at the last moment I turned sharply and managed to avoid some sneeky enemy soldier who had placed road mines in front of the extract point. Sneeky, but didn't get one past me =p

Oh and something else.... out of all the games I played, all the months I spent playing it... I think I only ever encountered lag on maybe 2 games? It runs that well.

It's definately one of the most fun multiplayer games I've played... and before Patch piss easy platinum came out... it was one hell of a challenging game to get 100% on.

Edit:

The 128 player Stampede...

This is something I've never done, but how I wish I'd been apart of one... sometimes if you're lucky and winning, for fun people will meet up and charge the enemy from one 'base' to another... this is hilarious to be apart of... check out some of the fun...

This next one is quite funny.

====================

Resistance 2

resistance-2-20080126000725597_640w.jpg

I nearly went with this one since it's such a fun multiplayer and for the time it was groundbreaking, 64 players online....

One reason why I love this would be the bottle neck vs missile launcher...

Due to the way maps are designed, a lot of the times people bottle neck, so you have around 30 players standing in one area on the map... when you fire your missile launcher or other special weapon at this... the results are amazing... it's not every day you get 30 kills from one shot =p

But.... the greatest gift in Resistance 2 has to be the co-op mode, the co-op on this is seperate from the main game... and it's incredible, you have a 'mission' to do and theres various objectives, each player can be a certain role and... well... I can't really decribe it... it's just incredible, one of the best co-op modes I've ever played, just so much fun and teamwork is needed, but nothing so demanding that people can't understand what to do, definately a must try.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm bouts to post something that people are going to look down upon because casualfag, but:

mario_party_logo.gif

Allow me to explain. FPS games are fun, competetive and tend to be hilarious under certain circumstances. The problem is, you can't play those with people not used to the idiosyncracies of the genre. Even the most friendly of games (2Fort) have that dividing line.

But why Mario Party over, say, Mario Kart or Smash Brothers? Because Mario Party is the only "fun for everyone" series that Nintendo hasn't managed to ruin trying to make it fun for everyone. It was designed that way from the start, and actually manages to slipstream it into the game design itself rather than just throwing patches on top of the formula to force it. No outright punishment for doing well like in Post-64 Kart games. No stupid random events that fuck you up simply for the sake of doing so like in Brawl. None of that modern Nintendo "you are playing the game other than the way we demand you to, and that's bad" crap.

There is luck intertwined with skill, and the end result is still that everyone can win (more-or-less). There are certainly games in the series that don't get the balance right, but most of them manage to strike to balance wonderfully.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Smash series, but since I did talk about melee before I'll talk about a close second(To Melee not the series).

Supermariostrikersbox.jpg

It was just another Gamecube game that made the hours pass if playing with a friend.

Just 5randomness that occurred what caused it to be so much fun.

Always caused some good laughs among friends.

Basically another fun random game that easily made the hours passed, another good memory from the Gamecube.

I'm bouts to post something that people are going to look down upon because casualfag, but:

mario_party_logo.gif

Allow me to explain. FPS games are fun, competetive and tend to be hilarious under certain circumstances. The problem is, you can't play those with people not used to the idiosyncracies of the genre. Even the most friendly of games (2Fort) have that dividing line.

But why Mario Party over, say, Mario Kart or Smash Brothers? Because Mario Party is the only "fun for everyone" series that Nintendo hasn't managed to ruin trying to make it fun for everyone. It was designed that way from the start, and actually manages to slipstream it into the game design itself rather than just throwing patches on top of the formula to force it. No outright punishment for doing well like in Post-64 Kart games. No stupid random events that fuck you up simply for the sake of doing so like in Brawl. None of that modern Nintendo "you are playing the game other than the way we demand you to, and that's bad" crap.

There is luck intertwined with skill, and the end result is still that everyone can win (more-or-less). There are certainly games in the series that don't get the balance right, but most of them manage to strike to balance wonderfully.

Hmmm Multiplayer whats that? Honestly I don't reallydo multiplayer shame because I know I am probably missing but I just like doing the single player but I do have I am rather found of:

Goldeneye 007 (1997) (N64):

GoldenEye007box.jpg

My best friend had this on N64 it was only game I could get into on it, the Multiplayer is damn fun, you could have huge bobble heads and you could go round trying to karate chop each other to death. We used have so much fun playing this, one of the best FPS ever made in my opinion. Who would of thought a movie based game could be so damn good.smile.png

Edited by BW199148

mario_party_logo.gif

I used to love playing this as a kid with people near and dear.

Then I lost my friends and alienated my parents.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh ho ho! Favorite Multiplayer game?

That would be Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I honestly keep listing stuff someone already mentioned..Besides Day 3 probably..But Ya can't blame me for choosing something with wacky power ups and items, and interesting fighter, and all kinds of unlockables.

Now the online may not be the best for others..But don't even give a rat's ass about it. I would simply play Off-line multiplayer, never slows down anyway. All the power ups that give either wacky ability's or improve your characters strength (which where neat ones alright!). Then theres the Assists along with Pokemon, assists would do your dirty work in their own style or way just for you, unlike the pokemon which would be on both sides and would act as extra obstacles for others (and if not careful, you) towards your advantage.

And then you got the trophies..A SSB must have feature (well..Pretty much everything I just said too..), millions, maybe even billions of trophies to collect of a static-non-animated model that you feel proud to own and see from your favorite series. And of course, the level designer, allows making your own death arenas of your liking in a blocky kind of manner that is fun regardless.

Oh, and the Subspace emissary was fine, but I wouldn't have minded at least text dialog, I mean come on!

It would have been grand to see some proper interaction between some characters.

Day 5 and my favorite multiplayer game/component is a pretty easy decision to make.

250px-Tf2_standalonebox.jpg

Team Fortress 2

I know it's been picked by other people in the forums but come on this game is just plain fun. The art style, the characters, the weaponry, the mayhem in the matches, it just makes me smile and laugh my head off everytime. This is one game where I don't care if I get killed quickly by another player it just makes me look forward to my next death.

Honorable Mentions

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The sheer mayhem in the character matchups plus the arena selection makes for some good times. Just beware of those Smash Balls and Home Run Bats.

Simbin's Race Series (Race 07, GTR Evo, Race On, etc): The number of user made mods for these games make for some incredible racing such as the 2008 FIA GT1 cars and the F1 2007 cars. Plus the tracks that have been created by the community just seems to make for some intense racing.

Edited by Cobalt_Bolt

Super Smash Bros Brawl. I've played this game so much times with my friends, it might get boring at times, but unlocking all the assist trophies and characters is great. I used to be pretty good at the game, but nowadays, I'm kind of bad at it. I enjoyed the Subspace Emissary a lot. Favorite characters to play as would be Ness, Lucas, and Sonic.

Favorite Multiplayer Game

League of Legends

League_of_Legends_by_khindjal.png

This was a hard game to pick. I've played many great multiplayer games before; Smash Bros, Team Fortress 2, Gary's Mod, Left 4 Dead 2 (which is a close second, actually)... but I don't play most of those anymore. What I do continue to play is League of Legends, a game which pisses me off like no other, and yet always manages to make me play it again.

I play Veigar, an extremely defensless caster-type with an area of effect stun, and plenty of moves which decimate single targets in a matter of 3 hits or less. It's a hard character to play, and many would suggest I try someone easier, like Ryze. But no. Veigar is my man, and not only because he remindes me of Vivi from FFVIII. Nothing makes me happier than to stun the enemy team as they chase my teammates, and then have everyone turn back from their retreat to go on the attack at the now helpless foes. I get to throw my spells into the fray as well, scoring kills and assists like a madman.

The problem with LoL is that, despite being a team game, most people don't try to play very cooperatively. Since I no longer have a group of friends that play the game with me, I'm stuck on random teams with people who honestly could not give a shit if they win or lose. I cannot have fun in the game unless I am doing well, and if my team starts to suck beyond reasonability, it makes me feel like I'm wasting my time. A grouling back-and-forth battle is intense and exiting; a steamrolling because two teammates fed the enemy champions is just depressing.

But despite my disappointment in the community, it's still a remarkably fun game when everything is going well. There's tons of personality, customization out the whazoo, and so many playable characters it will make your head spin. For those reasons and more, League of Legends is my favorite multiplayer game.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 1

Son of a bitch, I miss yesterday. oh well

FAVORITE MULTIPLAYER GAME:

ff_halo_object_468.jpg

Fucking Halo. This is probably one of the few games I've invested hours upon hours playing, there's something so damn satisfying about fragging your friends and hearing them bitch about it, and its also one of the few games I played with my brother and cousin when we were young. Plasma Grenades, Blood Gulch, and Shotguns made for one hell of a time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 5: This (like most of the days for me so far) is a toughie. It was a tough debate between this two great multiplayer games. It was hard, but my favourite multiplayer game is

Monday-Night-Combat.jpg

I know what some are thinking ,UGH TF2 RIP OFF WTF YOU FUCKIN TARD >=U. But MNC was really the greatest multiplayer experience for a guy like me. I'm a guy who has a terrible PC for games and hate the mainstream war shooter online. I totally would play TF2 if my PC didn't have the same specs as a toaster. But MNC on Xbox Live was there for to fill that void. It had such an amazing feel to it. It was everything I like about class based shooters mixed with a tower defence. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm pretty sure I am, but I don't think that's been done before. I've certainly never heard of it. Every class had such a unique personality to them and pretty much were all likeable. The Endorsement system, whilst overpowered when used properly was still a nice little add on.

It's not perfect of course. It's limited to only 2 modes and only 5 (including the DLC) online stages. Unfortunately I haven't played this game for months as the game got less popular and you begin to see you find games with people who ridiculously overpower you and most of the time now you'll quit out to abandon the extremely one sided game only to research and rejoin the same game you just left. Another problem was the Moneyball. To win an online game you had to destroy the opponents Moneyball. But I don't think anyone realised how unnecessary it was. It gave out no extra points or money, no extra titles in fact nothing was given to you for destroying the Moneyball, but why do most people go for it? It's literally trying to end the 15 minute long game to less than 5. It gave you absolutely no benefit.

Monday Night Combat is dead on XBLA and it's a mix between the actual communities and the developers fault. Online became extremely exploitable after awhile thanks to the players exploiting the cheapest ways to victory and with the lack of anymore DLC and patching and updates the developers left it as a broken mess thanks to the DLC update.

I say alot of shit on this game but the complants are all about the game being past it's prime. But when it was in it's prime I could not replace it for any other online game. Basically, It's dead now but when it was alive, damn it was brilliant and I would of loved to relive those moments again, but alas they'll never come back.

Also I'm extremely disappointed that Super Monday Night Combat is not coming to XBLA

Edited by Rawpowered

Day 5 -

92851867606front.jpg

Yeah, super smash bros. The 64 version was amazing. Since I come from a big family, I always had a few people to play with. We'd occupy ourselves with this the whole time when we visited each other. Then, Melee and brawl come out. In their respective times, we had fun. We would literally battle for hours on end, holding tournaments and stuff. Brawl was then enhanced with a cool story, and I always love a story. The game just kept on getting better and better. I have no reason to hate it.

Bah. I missed the deadline for Day 4. I was going to mention how the Sonic the Hedgehog series inspired me from a very young age to become a game designer. Oh well. Day 5 is easy.

mP9tL.png

The LittleBigPlanet games are practically unrivaled in terms of fun with other people. It's a relatively simple and easy to grasp experience that's incredibly fun for anyone who may play it. Casuals and verterans alike. Online or offline. With friends or even complete strangers Even people who may not play games at all seem to be spellbound and drawn to LittleBigPlanet's brilliance.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Best multiplayer would be Super Smash Bros.

My friends and I would always get together on fridays and just play smash all day. As much as I enjoy the few single player modes smash has to offer, it doesn't truly shine until someone else jumps in with you. One of the great things about Brawl, is that there's only two modes in that game which are purely single player. Everything else has a multiplayer aspect in some respect.

I would have said LBP, but in my experience it can go far too quickly from "fun for everyone" to "punches casually being tossed at everyone involved."

My favorite multiplayer game is definitely Super Smash Bros. Whether it be Melee or Brawl, it provides a top notch multiplayer experience with lots of customization, rules, unlockables, and modes. You can play it multiple times and not even get closed to being bored. I can't wait for the next installment on Wii U to see what else they can add to this amazing series. (Hopefully, Mega Man and better online support. wink.png)

Edited by chaoscontrol14

f6ryg.jpg

I'm sorry, but you can't top Smash Bros. It's the most fun I've ever had playing with others, particularly the Melee variety, though I love Brawl a ton too, even if it's only for Sonic being playable.

Take 4 lovable Nintendo characters and force them to fight to til they fall out of the ring. I can't imagine a more chaotic scenario than that. This series oozes with fanservice, and they give every shout-out they can to Nintendo's other franchises. It's like a love letter to Nintendo fans, and I absolutely love it.