Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

250px-Sonic_Advance_Coverart.png

Sonic Advance 1 (GBA)

When did you play it? - 2002

So You were how old? - 4

Man, this game molded Sonic for me, and in my mind, it's the game that started my growth with the Hedgehog.

While I was so into Mario, I didn't realize that when I switched from Gameboy, to Gameboy Advanced, a game was bundled with it. My eyes settled onto the very game I showed above. I didn't think much of it, but I put in the cartridge and was introduced to the opening movie.

The way the build up with the Emerald and Eggman, the way the music fit everything perfectly, the characters were expressive and bright. And it ended with the title screen. I didn't know how wide my eyes were, or how long I stared at the title screen. But I pressed start, and got to the character select.

I checked through, and I was sure to try everyone out later, and chose Sonic. Starting Neo Green Hill. The music was calm, Sonic was running at a pleasing pace, it was just fun. I was having a lot of fun with it.

Although I couldn't get far into the harder stages later on, and even to this day I can't really beat the Special stages, it remains in my thoughts as one of the best games I could have the chance to play as a Toddler.

When I grew, so did my skills in my games, I moved on to bigger Sonic games, bigger consoles. Sonic was going at a fast speed for me back then, but now that I'm used to the extremities Sonic can move up to now, it's hard to go back. Even though it's fun.

So yeah, definitely started the Sonic craze for me.

nes_super_mario_bros_cartridge_2.jpg

This is the first game that I remember playing before I got into the Sonic the Hedgehog series. The Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt Combo game when my family still had the NES. My dad and I used to play this game on multiplayer quite a bit and I kept getting Luigi most of the time. The familiar tune of world 1-1 still goes through my head whenever I see a Mario game in action. I was never able to make it to the end of the game due to the NES dying in 1999. I was able to replay it in all its 8-bit glory in high-school via an emulator courtesy of a friend and it still makes me smile when I go through World 1-1.

Edited by Cobalt_Bolt

tumblr_ln7w5mwaut1qgyya5.png

I've literally stolen this picture from Chooch's post tongue.png

I may have played games or a game before this, but I don't remember. Infact, it's quite likely that I have, as I didn't get a Mega Drive until the tail end of it's lifespan. I bought it off a then close friend for a few quid (a lot at my age then), and had previously played it with Sonic 1 and Altered Beast at his house.

I don't really remember much about my first experience and loving it, and getting caught in the bottom routes in GHZ and all the spike pit bug stuff wrecking my progress. Even to this day, taking the bottom routes with all the spikes and the checkered hill in the background as it's meant to be undergroundish fills me with nostalgia.

I don't remember in much depth how I felt about it, only that it changed my life and Sonic became a major part of it, and still is (more than I would like I suppose), and that I loved it. I also remember the drowning music and how it scared me, but the drowning sprite scared me more for some reason. I also remember the big neon COPE sign in Spring Yard, how realistic the buildings looked in Starlight Zone (and the bottomless pits GAH, breather level my ass - at the time, anyway) and hating Marble Zone (nothing has changed in this regard).

As I said before, I played Altered Beast a bit, and even owned it, but found it too hard and didn't like it that much and ergo went straight back to Sonic like the shameless Sonic whore I am tongue.png Sonic is probably the very reason I don't have an extensive gaming taste, because I always find myself going back to Sonic because I just find it so addictive. It's to the point that I know nothing else will ever compare, even if technically much better, because of the long and extensive history I've had with this series.

As for how I feel about Sonic 1 now, I still think it's a great game, but surpassed by the rest of the classics. I had also played 2 and 3 (no S&K and CD for a fair few years, only played the former due to Mega Collection actually) a year or two after that, so I have nostalgia for those too.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Day 1: First video game ever

55f385.jpg

Funny thing is, I don't remember a whole lot about this game - I didn't even know what it was called at the time. But I can safely say that this was my very first exposure to video games. I didn't play it much since I found myself more interested in Super Mario Bros. and Darkwing Duck, but far-off memories of a boy with wings climbing up a tower lingered with me until I discovered just last year that Kid Icarus was in fact that game.

To this day I've yet to sit down and really play it. I should, but I also love how it's such an enigma to me personally.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reading this thread i feel like an infant.

250px-Mario_Kart_Double_Dash.jpg

(yup, right outta thebluehedgehog's post)

Most of my friends had consoles when they where a kid, but i didn't get mine until i was ten. I asked for a console for my birthday and i ended up getting a Gamecube bundled with this game. Me and my sister used to play it all the time. I went for a while with this being the only game i had, and despite being awful at it, i loved it to bits. Playing today (or at least last month) it still holds up. It hasn't aged a bit! It's interesting to see how the graphics on the Gamecube evolved, though. It went from early N64-ish titles like Melee and byn the end you where playing Twilight Princess. I couldn't tell back in the day, though, and Mario Kart: Double Dash was the coolest looking thing ever. I even used to do Time Trial so i could explore and drive wherever i wanted. To this day it's my second favorite Mario Kart title.

Well the first video game I've ever played to my knowledge was

598283-marioduckhunt_cover_large.jpg

I had super mario bros and duck hunt 2 in 1 cartridge for the NES. It was originally for my sister along with other games but she hardly played them so she just handed them down to me along with the Super nintendo. Anyway I remember having more fond memories playing duck hunt I was more fun to me. As cruel as it sounds killing little harmless ducks out the sky really amused me as a child. Especially with the zapper but there's one thing that pissed me off about that game was that dog. THAT FUCKING DOG PISSED ME OFF SO MUCH constantly laughing and taunting me because I missed those FUCKING DUCKS.

!!e!UKVQCGM~$(KGrHqUOKkEE0gKqFB-!BNP2-NuY2!~~_7.JPG?set_id=89040003C1

Let's see. I got this game for St. Nick's Day, since, given the nature of the day, we always receive at least semi-religious gifts. And so began my long history of platforming goodness. While I look back now and see it was a blatant Donkey Kong-ripoff, I had only a PC at the time, and therefore it was the closest thing I had to Donkey Kong. I must say, the game was pretty fun, with all it's platforming-goodness, and fooling around with the "easy mode" (which allows you to bounce on bottomless pits,) was fun. There were also a fair deal of things to do (completing levels, collecting "CUKE" letters, and collecting animals,) as well as several different ways to attack enemies (whip them, grab them and throw them at other enemies, jump on their heads, throw bananas at them.)

Now I haven't played it recently, as it's incompatible with my computer, but from what I remember, it was pretty good for a Donkey Kong-ripoff.

• Thumbs Up 4

Lylat_warseuboxart_.jpg

I used to watch my Mum play Sonic 2 and 3, but I myself never played them, plus I was about 3 years old so I couldn't do much on it even if I tried. No, my gaming career begin 1997 with this gem of a game. Absolutely adored it, I play it every now and then to reminisce and, of course I got the 3DS remake.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's hard to say what my actual first ever game to play was (I have a very very faint idea of a Taz-Mania game or something, but can't say whether that came later), so I figure I'll talk about the first game I have actual memories of.

Day #1 - Kami's Super Amazing "Ninjashark can't compare" First Game ever

sonic3.jpg

right box art yay~

I even remember how I ended up getting it to. It was away back when I was roughly about 3 or 4 (since the first game came out in the same year I was born, it works out as something like that :V), I went to a Car-Boot sale with my dad, and we happened to come across a stall were the person was selling the game. Instantly seeing the prize, the resourceful tyke that I was first tried asking for the game, and when that was met with failure, resorted to the full-proof, never-fails, tried-and-true tactic of all youngsters who want to get their way; the tantrum...

(Sad to say though that it didn't work though and we carried on as we were, but when I returned next week with my mom, I turned on the charm and hey presto, the treasure was mine~).

From that day onwards, I was hooked on Sonic, and although I never completed it back then (damn barrel and so on) I do have some fond memories of playing it both myself, and with my younger brother (who usually got stuck him with Tails, and had to fly me over bits that I thought needed it :V). Even nowadays I still treat Sonic 3 as one of my top games ever and as a go-to game for whenever I'm feeling a touch bored.

Edited by Kamicciolo
  • Thumbs Up 1

day_1___first_game_by_noirnoctowl-d4mp4qw.jpg

Mothafucka's best believe it.

It's really not my first game exactly, I'm entirely certain I've played games before it. In fact there's a good chance the first game I played was S3&K. But it's the first that I had myself, that I definitely can remember playing.

Seeing all my friends with their nifty ol' vidya games and being five years old I naturally begged and cried like a whiny brat who needed a shoe up his ass to have vidya to call my own. Underestimating my sheer ability to grow into a NEET, my mom told me I'd have to learn to play her Atari 2600 to prove that I could focus my attention long enough to not be completely bored with a game in a few minutes. So it was this, Mrs. Pac-Man, Galaga, Centipede, Kaboom, Asteroids, Pong, Pole Position, Adventure, Donkey Kong, and hell I could go on, that defined my childhood while everyone else played their fancy-pants Super Marios 64 and their Banjo Kazooies and their Pokemons.

But I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy the ever-loving christ out of Pitfall. I'd sit there for hours just playing it over and over no matter how many times I died. It's also probably the reason I love Bit.Trip Runner.

And needless to say I apparently proved my worth or something because I got a Gamecube and Sunshine not long after and the rest is history.

Edited by Noire
  • Thumbs Up 7

alexkidd.png

Using the JP boxart because the English one sucks hardcore.

One of my earliest memories is my mum rigging up a Master System in our living room, and whilst we had a big pile of games for it and acquired a NES soon after, there was one game in particular that I always seemed to be completely and utterly hooked on: Alex Kidd in Miracle World.

I totally sucked at it and still have an intense hatred towards rock, paper, scissors to this day after being thwarted by the bosses time after time, but for some reason I was super attached to it and remember kicking up quite a fuss when my mum decided to flog our 8-bit systems in order to get a Mega Drive. (Although that introduced me to Sonic so it turned out for the best yay!) I didn't get very far and wouldn't complete the game until many, MANY years later when I decided to pick up another MS, but what little I did play left one hell of an impression on me and I'll always have a soft spot for Alex Kidd. It's one of those games that just automatically takes me back when I play it now and never fails to make me smile.

...Well, until I reach a boss at least. Then I just tend to start swearing at the TV.

gfs_48027_1_1_mid.jpg

If this looks familiar to you, then brofist. So while technically not a full "game", Generator was basically a collection of demos meant to show off what the Dreamcast could offer. As my dad thought it was a collection of full games when we got our Dreamcast back in '99, this is what I had to mess around with for a few days until we went to Circuit City and picked up Sonic Adventure. (Which, in itself, was frustrating, because we didn't know anything about memory cards at the time, so for a week I had no way to save.)

The Generator Sonic Adventure demo was basically a one-act demo with Emerald Coast as played out by Sonic. Just go through the demo's menu, and boom. Beachy goodness. Generator also contained demos for titles like Power Stone (which I still have yet to obtain or play a full version of </3 ), some House of the Dead game, a racing game of some sort, SEGA Bass Fishing (I think), and Let's Get Ready 2 Rumble. Basically, this one disc contained everything I needed to fall in love with Sonic, the Dreamcast, and gaming in general. I can't imagine a better place to start.

• Thumbs Up 3

51jUkCW06xL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

God, I was a giant Hamtaro fan when I was little (I still love it to this day, both the game and show) and when I saw this in an ad for Wal-Mart, I just HAD to get it. Problem was: I didn't have a Game Boy Color or Advance. Thankfully, I got it when I got my GBA for Christmas that same year and it was literally the first game I put in the machine (I also got a Lilo & Stitch game. Didn't like it very much). It's one of the few video games that avoided "The Problem with Licensed Games", mostly because it was developed by Pax Softnica, who co-developed some favorites like Pokemon Snap and Earthbound and was also published by Nintendo themselves, meaning it would have that Nintendo quality. It was a pretty big game and getting all the Ham-Chat words is a PAIN to get. But yeah, it still holds up to this day with tight controls, colorful graphics, and catchy chiptunes. If you can find it, I'd recommend it as it has a Copy Protection I believe, so no emulating for you :P.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day Numbero 1 - Ninja's Super Cool, "better than Kami's", First Game ever

Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Triple_Trouble_Coverart.png

I don't care if it's the right Boxart, yay~

it all began when I was a Wee Lad, My Family never owned a Genesis/Mega Drive themselve (aside of maybe borrwing one from friends for a while) so I never got to play the Classic Genesis Titles until much, much later. However, my Brother and I owned a Game Gear and pretty Much the one game we kept playing the most was This one here (and Aladdin, but thats a whole different story)

I was instantly hooked by this game, everything about it, the Music (Sunset Park, yo), the Levels, the Bosses, everything about it fascinated Me.

to this day, I never completed this game. I at most Managed to get to Tidal Plant Zone, but I still have a special Place for this game. it's not the Best Sonic game by far but I still appreciate it for introducing me to the Series as a whole.

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic_Adventure.PNG

Sonic Adventure (1999)

I'll be honest here, I have no idea what I played first. But I vaguely remember that whatever I played first, was Sonic Adventure. It was the thing that brought me into gaming, and also what made me a Sonic fan. Now, I can somewhat remember that I did play my older brothers Sonic 3..But I don't think I got quite far in those days. But this game was awesome, it DID have flaws, the hunting levels where not that fun, and Big? He can go catch his frog away from the game mechanics! But nevertheless, I enjoyed it. When I first played the game I starred at all the characters I could choose in Adventure mode, but only to first be able to play as Sonic. Right when the story began, seeing the police cars, the helicopter speeding through, having no idea what and why they are in such a rush, to then be introduced to the watery beast itself.

At first it didn't give me the impression that it was made of water due to the technology I was playing it on making it look like blocks of carved ice having flowing water on it, I did enjoy it evolve through the game into various designs and shapes (Congratulations! your Chaos has evolved!). And Playing as Tails was quite fun with all the races to the goal (most fun was the Windy Valley race, cause I could fly my way to the goal :P ), and then to experience the final moment where Tails has to handle Eggman himself. I shat bricks, merely at the sight of seeing Eggman jump out with that Egg walker (I recall it was called Egg walker along with the Egg walker from Adventure 2.) , to then hear that one quote "I'll make mince meat out of you" . Then Knuckles, Well I will say that It was confusing at first, but then it wasn't too much. I most of all enjoyed hearing his theme play at times (while the derpy mouth syncing was flapping), cause man was that themes start just hypnotizing. And then comes Amy.. Now the robot just scared me, I kid you not. When I first saw it, its giant claws that would pound like a gorillas fists, it's eyes that would stare quietly at you like the next target..But then came the levels. It would be terrifying to un-pause due to that thing following me restlessly, but then he just got plain annoying in Amy's Hot shelter (which has hell of a rockin tune). I would grab a switch, he would pound the goddamn floor like no ape could. I do the puzzle at the end, he keeps coming at me. Those where the days, oh those where the days (screw you E-100). And finally comes Gamma (No, I won't say anything about big, he was..Okay with some secret areas, but he wasn't good enough), I will say that he was quite some character, to somewhat have a story of his own and not just try to save a bird, or join the bandwagon of chasing after chaos. No, He had a story of how he had to experience all the other E-Robots getting thrown off board, see his own brother get remade into something completely different (which turned him into something as "almost" dangerous as Metal Sonic) and then duke it out on all of them in the end to save the animals that where inside of each. Now playing him was pretty fun, just Hot Shelter again being a bit of a twat (Hot shelteeeeeeeeer!!) The concept of walking'n'shootin anything you see, and gain some time to avoid..Er..Having your battery's die? Well He was fun to play as, and that I am done with the characters, now the end final climax.

When I saw the few scenes in Mystic ruins of Chaos finally taking charge after last seeing him on the Egg Carrier with his 6th form, he finally gets the chaos emerald attached to the crashed tornado, attacks Eggman, then Knuckles (that monster!) and then finally takes the derp ultimate form to destroy the Station Square out of rage. And then all the characters (except gamma due to his own death to free a bird) give you the Emeralds that where used by Chaos to turn Super and teach the screeching beast a lesson by having it vomit you out! And the heroes proceed to glance at the destroid city as they say everything ends well..Yes, indeed it has..Indeed it has.

Overall, this game back then just showed off how much of an edge the spiky hog has, and from that day, I said to myself "I am now a fan.." and kept my interest for the series and its older classics, and gaming itself...I feel like I wrote some vague impression no one will probably understand well. D:

Fuck! My FIRST game? I can't remember! I've been gaming for so long! Although, it's probably an N64 game that I played at my cousin's house. My bets are on:

Pokemonstadiumbox.jpg

I'm sure some of you remember Pokemon Stadium! It's a fantastic game! Seeing as I wasn't very good at games, I'd mostly just watch my cousin play, and I was content with that. When it came to Pokemon Stadium, though... I was able to hold my own pretty well. I wanted to be a Pokemon Master! We had battles, and it was great! Some of them I won, some of them I lost, but damnit, they were fun! We had a blast!

I eventually asked my mom for a video game console of my own. She got me a PSOne, and I loved it. My main games were Spyro the Dragon, and two Playstation Jam Packs I had. In fact...

The first game I ever played:

AYBUO.jpg

It had a trailer for a Harry Potter game and a Twisted Metal game. There was an X-Men game I never heard of again, a Spider-Man game, Ape Escape, Barbie Explorer, and a few others. The reason this disc was so awesome was that it was a variety of games. A platformer, a fighter, a puzzle game, etc. It's probably one of the reasons I'm able to try enjoy such a variety of games.

I remember being like, "HOLY SHIT 3D" and being crazy about the Playstation anyway. I found it recently in my closet, and I obviously had to try it.

Ha ha, it aged terribly. It has the strangest graphics and screws up all the time. Ape Escape is probably the closest to holding up today, but not by much. The demos have ridiculous time limits. Despite all that, it still has that "haven't seen it in years" nostalgia. My family wasn't always able to buy the newest thing, so getting a game system for Christmas was a big deal. I had played Super Mario 64 and Donkey Kong 64 at my cousin's house, but I had only dreamed of owning a console. This game was a pretty cool start.

I remember when I was a young and probably equally handsome boy, and the only thing that mattered was figuring out how the fuck I was supposed to do anything in Ape Escape (I didn't have the Dualshock controller.) I remember when I beat my dad at X-Men by tapping all the buttons at the same time, and thinking I had broken it when I pressed "pause." Hell, I played the crap out of Barbie Explorer. There was a level with a giant rock, and that's all I remember. The demo freezes when I try to play it now. I also remember a game called "Sheep Raider," which was based on the Looney Tunes shorts where the wolf would try to steal a sheep. THAT is fun as hell. Can't find it though.

• Thumbs Up 2

*sigh* Teh memoreez.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Kart:_Double_Dash%E2%80%BC

This was my first game and still one of my favorite Mario Karts. I absolutely loved playing this with my brother and cousin as we made a beastly combination. Along with that it ignited my love for not only the plumber himself but also for the rest of his roster.

BTW I found this picture all by myself.cool.png

Edited by Metalriders

Oh, that thing in the statuses was actually related to a topic? Well then, I might as well get my typing engine into gear.

I could spend forever looking for an image to go with my entry, but fuck there's a perfectly suitable one in the opening post.

Sonic2-cover.jpg

I'm another Sonic fan who started in the early 90s with the Mega Drive classics, specifically this one (albeit I didn't really become a proper Sonic fan until a decade later). After moving into my new house (where I still live to this day) and discovering some really terrifying puppets in my orange-walled bedroom, one of my oldest memories is playing the 2 player mode of Sonic 2 to death with my sister. It was a cozy little arrangement, she wanted to be Sonic, and that was fine because I preferred playing as Tails. I even drew pictures of said 2 player mode's Emerald Hill when I learned to use a pencil, having Sonic and Tails as a blue and orange blob on two halves of the paper. The funny thing is that I always thought that Tails had one tail back then, and that the other graphic that looked like a tail was a blur effect.

Nowadays, I still love it, it's one of the few games with classic-style gameplay I can enjoy, to be quite honest with you lot. I guess there's a lot of factors which contribute to that; the brilliant soundtrack, the bright and colourful level design that makes for some lush-looking and imaginative landscapes (what I initially admired the series for in the first place), how easy it is to pick up and go a few rounds, the satisfactory experience of the versus play (which I admit I don't play much anymore), as well as the introduction of my ex-favourite Sonic character, Miles Prower.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Genesis/Mega Drive) - This is the game that introduced me to a medium that I will most likely never stop caring about. At the time I was very young, and Sonic was the coolest thing ever; watching him zip by and run in 360-degree loops peaked my interest like no other piece of entertainment could at the time. Though I rarely (if ever) got past Chemical Plant's purple water stairs of doom and misery as a kid, nowadays I love the game just as much as I did then. It still provides high-speed thrills that bring me right back to the good ol' days of flipping through my Genesis games and plonking 'em into the little black nostalgia box.

First Game: Sonic Adventure

Sonic_Adventure.PNG

Good Lawd, even looking at that case brings back memories. See, my dad had preordered a Dreamcast, and a demo disc featuring this game among many others came with it. I, at three years old, saw my dad playing it and asked if I could play. He said yes, and that began my life as a gamer. I absolutely loved it, and that Christmas I got the full game. Following that, I became a massive Sonic fanboy. Games, cartoons, toys, even ink pens...I watched, played, and owned everything I could get my hands on at the time.

Now, does it still hold up today? Well, I'd argue that it holds up well enough. It may be a bit buggy, the camera kind of sucks, the voice acting and script are pretty bad, and, well...it has fishing levels, but eh, the rest of the gameplay is still fun to me, especially for Sonic's story where the level design is brilliant.

So yeah, Sonic Adventure is awesomely nostalgiagasmic and I love it to death.

The first game I ever played was Super Mario Bros on the NES belonging to some relatives we were staying at for two weeks over the summer. I think I was five or six years old. Me, my brother, and the kids belonging to our hosts took turns at the game over the course of that vacation. I remember that I managed to get over the World #-3 flagpost and run past the castle entrance. The game then kept on scrolling along an endless brick wall until I died due to Time Over.

I've never managed to replicate that event on emulators to this day.

I remember that we beat the game, but I can't remember which one of us did it. A few months ago I downloaded Super Mario Bros on the Wii Virtual Console. It took me a few days of trial and error, but I finally beat it for sure on my own. Playing it again as an adult, I almost thought I could look down and see the mess of tangled wires on the basement floor of my relatives' house, over twenty years ago.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy

Oh, my first video game.

The_Lion_King_Coverart.png

I have my dad to thank for this. A lot of my first games were based on Disney movies because we used to watch a lot of them when I had visitation with him (my parents have been divorced for as long as I can remember). The Lion King came bundled with the system with a really unique box that I still have in my closet, even after moving.

The game itself was mindblowing. The animation was done by Disney animators so it looked really smooth, and it used a few voice clips from the movie. I remember learning about the mechanics of the game, specifically my dad telling me that some enemies had to be beaten with a roll and some with a jump attack.

I also remember spending a lot of time trying to beat the second stage and the stampede level. I tried playing the game again a little over a year ago, and I don't know how we ever beat it. The collision detection's kinda wonky, to say the least.

Definitely not the favorite game of my childhood, but it's really nostalgic for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

250px-Super_Mario_Bros._3_coverart.png

Super Mario Bros. 3 was the first video game I played. My parents had a NES even before I was born and I've had a controller in my hand since I was one year old.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is the Mario game that shaped the series into what it is today with eight themed worlds, Koopa Kids, multiple suits, etc. I played this game for years, discovering every secret I could find, and I still love it to this day. When I got Super Mario All-Stars, this was the first game I played, and rightfully so.

While I can't say it's my favourite Mario game (I'd go with Yoshi's Island) or even my favourite NES game (that'd be the Mega Man series), I still play it regularly and I enjoy it just as much as I did back in the day.

Edited by XD375

How exactly did a forum with this topic not have these games posted in it?

Geez, guys, I thought many of us were 90's kids. :F

Pokemon_red_box.jpgPokemon_blue_box.jpg

When did you play this? 1999, bitch. biggrin.png

How old were you back then? 3 years old!

Anyway, I remember getting these games on a multi-cart in Hong Kong, and every time I activated the multi cart, I always picked one of these games or the other. I remember back home the 4Kids dub (of all things) was airing on the local channels, and I would always wake up early every saturday just to watch this. Needless to say, I was obsessed.

Pokemon_Yellow_boxart.jpg

Oh, but boys, that does not end there, oh no. I was deeply in love with the franchise, so much so, that when Yellow came out, it was inevitable that I had to get it or I would have a temper tantrum. Also, I always remembered how I got my uncle/big brother figure into it via having him play for me. Even when I was always playing Sonic, or Zelda or Mario, I was always waiting for the next generation of these games to come out. My gaming tastes have been forever influenced by this cash cow franchise, and this is one of my favorite games in the entire world. Due to this, I can only stomach JRPG's, especially anything with Mons in them. XD

Pokémon, no matter what generation sucks or is awesome, I will forever love you, even when I'm dead. *manly tear*

Edited by Madame Amano
  • Thumbs Up 5

30 days? Challenge Accepted!

d8a34_super_mario_64_box_cover.jpg

Words cannot describe the pure joy and happieness I first had when I plopped this baby into my new N64 and heard Mario say "It's a me, Mario!". Never owning nor playing a Video game before, I had to rely on watching someone playing with thier gameboy on the bus ride home, or seeing commercials of this revolutionary machine. But getting back on track, this video game is the sole reason I love games today. The fun of running around in a full 3D world for the first time, given barely any limitations, only to have fun.

Flying above the fields of Bom-Omb battlefield, plunging into the depths of the sea in Dire-Dire docks, and running around in the metallic cap in the crystal cave, these are but few of my favorite memories from when I played Mario 64 that fateful Christmas day. This game is truly timeless for me, while I love everything about this game, I cannot deny the flaws it has now. Whenever people say "Galaxy is the best Mario game, take off your nostalgic goggles!" I say "Pish posh!" and continue to have fun with my timeless game more then T-man probably does with Final Fantasy 13.

To end this long rant about my first game ever, Super Mario 64 is the Sonic 3&K to you Sonic fans. I love it with all my heart, and not only is it my first game ever, it is my favorite game ever (next to Smash Bros. 64). I could go on and on about Mario 64, but I think I've said enough.