Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

Day 7: Least Favorite Area in a Video Game

For me, it's a three-way tie.

Lost_Impact.jpg

0.jpg

Lost Impact, The Doom and Central City.

Mere words cannot describe my absolute, unadulterated loathing for these stages. At no point during these stages am I not undergoing some sort of gruesome agony that makes me wish I were boiling in a pool of acid filled with rusty nails, for even pain as great as that cannot compare to the pain I feel when playing these stages. They're depressing to play, and it almost feels like they're designed that way. Everything that makes them terrible comes on top of everything else that makes the game terrible, and it feels intentional on some level that these levels are so torturous.

As for just how these levels are awful, well, while most of the game's levels are linear as typical of Sonic games, these are more open-ended. Seems like that would lend itself better to the "collect-the-items/destroy-the-enemies" mission structure, right? Well, they took this idea way too far and threw some other awful design decisions on top of it. The landscape is extremely repetitive, making it very easy to get lost or go in circles. And you have to explore every nook and cranny - and there are a LOT of places to look - for the things you need to find because, as in every other level in the game, the amount of required objects or enemies in the level doesn't exceed the amount you need to find.

Oh, and Central City has a time limit. Thanks, Sonic Team!

• Thumbs Up 1

...about that... There is one more key that I need to find before I can get to the Boss Key.. I've already gotten and used the one you mentioned..

The last one is in a room I can't reach or find in the Northern sector of the dungeon, I think.

Day 7 - Least favorite stage

Sonic_Rush_Adventure-s1.jpg

My least favorite stage were the Johnny/Chaos Emerald stages in Sonic Rush Adventure.

This was a useless replacement for the special zones. You're on a vehicle, racing some green dude who claims he's the fastest thing ever (lol redundant). The first stage was acceptable, but stages 2-7 are freaking irritating. I kept on battling Johnny 'cause I thought it was a faulty on my end, but it turned out that Johnny had these upgrades that I still didn't get. My only option was to replay stages and crap to get the materials, so I ended up beating the game before getting the chaos emeralds. I had to upgrade to oblivion and replay many stages. It was so annoyin'.

Edited by Victory Defender

Day 7

As always I'm going to pick something that left an impact on me.

Lost Impact.

What do I remember of the level?

Only wandering around lost and confused for a long time

I am surprised I continued playing the game after I beat the level.

All I really have to say is that I hate it.

Day 7 - Least favourite Stage in a video game

god so many... but what mostly comes to mind recently was some of the missions in Generations, since i'm a stupid perfectionist i wouldn't take anything less than an S rank in all missions, 3 missions comes to mind that sent me into fits of rage, squeezing my PS3 controller in pure frustration...

Modern Sonic vs Vector

a stupid tedious bat the note back and forth until you win, with cheap controls and stupidly placed platforms that were pointless, it was mainly the time limit that made this mission suck.

Classic Sonic Tower Climb with the balloons

this level, almost all of my hate, it was slow with the whole, holding onto the balloons as they rise, as if the first part of the level wasn't bad enough the tower climbing with the egg chasers spamming their laser constantly was just too much when trying to shoot for the tight S rank time

Modern Sonic Doppleganger Race - Planet Wisp

blitzing through this stage in less than 4 minutes for S rank, when it is so long to begin with was just grueling torture when you had to be a perfect runner to even attempt the time for this stage, know every short cut, for me it was failure after failure, and i hated every moment of it because it felt more like a chore than fun to play through, also fuck them saw blades to hell, and the missiles too.

oh i just thought of another

Thermal_Visor.png

The research facilities at the back end of Phendrana Drifts, going through one tower, taking on space pirates, then going to bottom of the second tower and finding out METROIDS are hanging about just made me shit bricks knowing they'd escape sooner or later (after seeing the crazy experiments on the Frigate at the start of the game) of course you gain the Thermal Visor upgrade, but in doing so you need to lower the electric force field around it...by....Cutting the power.

the facility loses all its power, and of course the metroids escape and start feasting on space pirate scum, and of course yourself, from this point on, the thermal visor is essential to make your way back out to phendrana drifts alive.

everytime i play through the game i always dread this part of the game...and Phazon Mines.

afterall Prime is the only game that raises the hair on the back of my neck, not even Silent Hill comes close to the creep factor of Prime for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Least Favorite Levels/World

Death Egg Zone

Sonic and Knuckles/3&K

deathegg21.pngdeathegg11.png

Death Egg Zone is possibly my least favorite level in this entire game. Between the gravity gimmick, electric panels, moving conveyer belts that you also have to manage upsidedown while dodging spikes and bullets, really pointless auto-loops that kill time, especially if you're in Super/Hyper form, and this annoying fucker.

de-egg1.jpg

It always manages to surprise me when I'm running, breaking my Magnetic Shield which is the biggest godsend in this level. I hate this zone so much.

Wacky Workbench

Sonic CD

Wwpresent.pngWacky-workbench.gif

Fuck, I hate this level. It actually gave me a headache between the bouncing floors that ricochet you up into the ceiling filled with electrical circuits and ice blasters a la Ice Cap zone. What? Why the fuck is there ice in this level? The Past section gives you a minor breather from the hell that is Present and I avoided the Future sections all together. I never bother finding the machine in this level, ever.

Lanayru Desert/Lanayru Mining Facility

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

lanayrudesert.pngskywardsword.jpg

Quicksand and electricity. It's like Sandopolis and Wacky Workbench's electrical circuits mixed together. Needless to say, it's not that it's a hard place, but it's extremely annoying. I love the Timeshift stone concept, but hated the stamina wheel depleting so quickly when running through the quicksand. Also, the enemies in this area are so damn frustrating. I hate the technoblins since their tasers shock Link, making him freeze for a moment. Oh slingshot, how I love you. The Ampilus are one of my new least favorite Zelda monsters. Fuck those electric snails. Screw electrical elements, I swear.

Edited by Briaaaah
  • Thumbs Up 2

Least Favorite Level/Area?

Hah! Thats easy:

The Labyrinth (Silent Hill 2)

sh2_p07_01.jpg

*The image you see was possibly the clearest possibly related screenshot of the level..And because the level drives you to do the following!*

Where should I start..Okay, first once you enter this lovely place, you see that it looks kinda like the inside of a house altered into a labyrinth that takes place underground..The thing though, there is no map you can find, instead you make it as you explore..In the dark where your light hardly helps. I ran left and right, climbed up'n'down and all ar--*shot*, the place was a labyrinth as it is called that felt repetitive. Now..even then, the game is meant to be pitch dark and you relied on a source of light you would walk around with, that is no excuse on how uncomfortable this place was, do you even know how I screamed of joy when reaching the puzzle you see on that image, because it was progress that forgot to find it's way in the dark.

Maybe I exagirated a bit '_'

Edited by Alex2beta

Day 7: Least favorite video game level

6iws4x.jpg

For this one I tried to think of a level for a game that I enjoyed. Terrible levels in otherwise excellent games stick in the back of your throat moreso than terrible levels in already terrible games.

I'm sure Rainbow Cruise from Super Mario 64 has its fans, and to be honest the concept of the level is pretty cool. But that's all it has going for it, because every single aspect of it is a fucking nightmare. In order to traverse the majority of the areas, you have to first sit on a very small, extremely slow-moving carpet. Sometimes, you're required to dodge flamethrowers that get in your way, and there is very little room for error. Other obstacles are frustratingly hard to maneuver around due to the temperamental camera, so you have to constantly adjust it in order to see where you are going. The flying ship in the sky has an annoying gust of wind that threatens to blow you off course, and getting to the top of the castle is much more difficult than it needs to be. Thank god the Wing Cap isn't anywhere to be found here, because ascension is impossible while flying.

The damnedest part of all is that this is course 15, which is for all intents and purposes the final level of the game. I am well aware that most areas don't have to be played in order, and in fact, a couple of them can even be skipped! That's what I love about this game: I can skip the game's most annoying course. Unless I'm trying to go for all 120 stars... in which case Rainbow Cruise is the bane of my fucking existence and every time I think ahead to this level, I breathe a sigh of utter disdain. For a game that embraces free movement, exploration, and many things to do with Mario's abilities alone, Rainbow Cruise displays almost none of these qualities. In fact, I would go so far as to say it fits quite well under what TVTropes describes as Xen Syndrome. Not fun.

Funnily enough, Rainbow Cruise is one of my most enjoyed areas in Super Smash Bros. Melee. It is an auto-scrolling level with some pretty small platforms, but in a game like SSB, it can be taken advantage of to hilarious effects, giving one player an unexpected advantage over the other for shits and giggles. But it makes for an atrocious stage in its game of origin, and because I do love the idea of traveling across rainbows and clouds in order to explore mysterious sky castles and winged air ships, I wish Rainbow Cruise was designed differently.

Day 7 and my least favorite area. There are quite a few areas that have caused me some angst over the years but it was mostly due to my mistakes. However there is one area that has been the bane of my gaming experiance. Ladies and Gents I give you:

The_Doom.jpg

The Doom (Shadow the Hedgehog)

This stage caused me so much pain and suffering it caused a verbal apocalypse in my household as a result. Trying to find either the scientists or soldiers was so rage inducing that I almost destroyed my controller as a result. The level layout is so bland it caused me to get lost on several occasions plus the placement of both the objectives was screwed up. After I finished this level I didn't even think about touching it again without going into a rage.

Dishonorable mentions:

Miami street circuits from NFS Shift 2 Unleashed: Narrrow as can be it's almost impossible to complete a lap without hitting the armco barrier at least once in a race.

Carnival Night Zone Act 2 from Sonic 3&K: Three words: Barrel. Of. Doom. Fortunately it was during the 2000s I found the solution which made me look like an idiot.

Oh, this is an easy one.

Wwpast.png

I HAATE Wacky Workbench Act 1. It is by far the cheapest, least fun stage in a Sonic Game. Too many enemies and traps, and the bouncy floor is terrible. You may ask me why I should care, as it is a short stage and easy to get through. Well, try getting 50 fucking rings in it. Just try. It drove me up the wall, and going to the past didn't help much at all. It's amazingly difficult to time travel in that level, and even if you do you'll still run into danger and lose all those precious rings. Arrrrgh!

My least favorite stage would have to be Tropical Forest (can't remember stage) from Sonic 06 minus Sonic and Elise's version. There's so many twist and turns in the other version it's just too confusing :[

Oh and I almost forgot Planet Wisp as Classic Sonic; OMG that shit was hard. I mean, there's so many twists and turns to this level and hurts and also the spikes were irritating as it is.

Edited by Haruhi ハルヒ

Day 7 - Your Least Favorite Level From A Video Game

0.jpg

Words can not describe how much I hate Mad Space from Sonic Adventure 2, and this is coming from a guy who thought the treasure hunting level were abysmal to begin with. It takes forever and is incredibly dull, from the beginning of the game to the end. This level, however, didn't want to be obnoxious and boring like the other treasure hunting levels clogging up a third of the game. Oh no. It set out to be on a whole other level of obnoxiousness and boredom. Complete with a horrible camera, unrealized gravity mechanics, and incredibly grating background music, this level is horrifyingly terrible.

Oh god, DIS SO MUCH! Unfortunately, I don't have much to add, so I'm just going to move onto my next hated level.

Sonic2HillTop.png

As much as I love the Sonic series, it's the main series I play, and as such most of my most hated levels come from it. For one the level is another Green Level, but with random lava thrown in. It manages to be annoying, redundant, and random at the same time, which is very annoying IMO. Another thing is the music, which for some reason I can't stand. Finally, there are those annoying levers with the bombs that, while fairly unique, are one of my least favorite platforming elements ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are so many things I could say. Like a lot of people I feel like picking something from Sonic 06 or Shadow the Hedgehog, but the thing is, despite those both being flat-out bad games through and through, I can't pinpoint one moment out as being the definitive low point.

Yes, those games were terrible, but they didn't have anything in them nearly as rage-inducing as...

13-PowerPlant025.png

The Power Plant/Elecman's Stage from Mega Man Battle Network.

GOD. DAMN.

This dungeon in Mega Man Battle Network is fucking impossibly hard to do without a player's guide. It involves walking around and collecting batteries so that you can open the paths ahead. The majority of the time will be spent looking where to go, which is difficult because most of tiles you're supposed to walk on are completely invisible. This means that you're going to have to stand on every square and run around hugging every invisible wall you touch until you've determined whether or not there's a pathway you can travel across. The more running around you do, the more random battles will occur, which is a fucking nightmare because you'll lose your place and forget what you were doing by the time the battle's over. Everything takes so much time, and TIME ISN'T SOMETHING YOU HAVE, because if the gauge in the upper right of the screen depletes, Mega Man can't heal after battles at all.

When you find a battery, you have to put it in the correct slot. What is the correct slot? You'll have no idea, because there isn't any indication as to where they go.

15-PowerPlant028.png

In the above picture, you have to put two batteries into the two correct slots to open up the next path, but you have no way of knowing which of the six slots to choose. If you're wrong too many times you have to backtrack and get more batteries, which means more time wasted and more battles fought.

It's a fucking nightmare, and to make matters worse, you can't jack out and leave this dungeon, so if you reach an un-winnable point here you have to start your save file all over again.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 7 - Least Favorite Stage.

Great-Maze-super-smash-bros-brawl-933779_400_315.jpg

The Great Maze, from Brawl's adventure mode, Subspace Emissary.

Screw. This. Place. It is easily the worst part about Subspace Emissary. There are plenty of times when I'm playing through the game, get to this level and then go "Welp, don't care anymore," and stop playing. Basically, it's an area where you fight every boss in the game again, as well as evil subspace versions of almost the whole cast. That's not the bad part though. If it was just a linear boss rush styled level I'd probably like it. But no. As the name suggests, its a giant maze, made entirely out of areas you've been to already, and completing it takes about two hours, and the entire level is about 30% of a 100% save file. The level itself is just to big and doesn't really offer anything new or interesting for the entire two hours. The only thing good about it is that you have access to all but four of the cast members when you play it, so if for some reason you couldn't play as your dream team during the rest of the adventure mode, you can play them now.

• Thumbs Up 6

lakebed-temple-2.jpg

Lakebed Temple

Hahahahahahahaa, you were expecting the Water Temple? Hahaha, fuck that noise, the Water Temple isnt even that hard just really annoying to traverse,

The Lakebed Temple however, is a fucking shit dick. It's annoying, convoluted, confusing, and unfun. Half the time you are given zero indication on what you're supposed to be doing. It has that fucking "central room with several levels" bullshit that just has to be a recurring element for water temples. Just a thoroughly unenjoyable level in my opinion.

340px-Shadow_lost_impact.png

Lost Impact

This level is fucking atrocious, imagine controlling a character who controls slippery and speeds up to maximum in less than a milisecond and then trying to navigate claustrophobic halls and corridors. You have no fucking idea where to go so you just have to guess most of the time, oh and the Hero Mission, THE FUCKING HERO MISSION. The worst mission in the game BY FAR, you're expected to traverse this ungodly labyrinth and search for 50+ enemies and kill them, of course there is no map in this level so you better keep your fucking eyes peeled, because if you happen to miss an enemy your'e given no indication where so you may have to start the entire fucking level over again! FUCK THIS LEVEL.

• Thumbs Up 1

Least favorite level? I got a lot I hate but, I'll have to go with:

The Great Maze from Super Smash Brothers Brawl

GMaze.jpg

After hours of the lackluster SSE mode, I was ready to finally be done with it and have most of the secret characters unlocked. Not so, now I had to go through a giant confusing maze that was NEARLY AS LONG AS THE REST OF SSE MODE. You run around until you find Shadow Clones of the Smashers to fight, rinse and repeat for a couple of hours until you finally get to kill Tabuu and be done with it. This stage made me never want to have to play SSE mode again singlehandedly.

Runner Up: Metropolis Zone from Sonic 2

Fuck.This.Stage. I've never liked it, cheap enemy placement galore makes it a nightmare. Seriously, why the hell do you keep placing enemies right at the top of the slow going gear lifts?

Edited by Hero Of Fate
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, here's another one I forgot about:

290pxthenewswampfever.jpg

Swamp Fever from Left 4 Dead 2

Unlike me specifically mentioning Rooftop Finale from No Mercy for Left 4 Dead 1 in the favourite levels day, on this one there's nothing that really redeems it. Every single level in Swamp Fever is boring as hell. I only ever play it when I'm doing a full marathon of every campaign for completionist's sake, pretty much never out of choice.

It's just so flat and dull. Every single map except the finale is just endless walking along a wide, flat, waterlogged area (so it's slow too). There's the occasional change of pace where you travel across some raised shanty town areas, but they're like 30 seconds a piece.

The finale can also be a real unpredictable shit since there are two Tanks to fight before the escape appears, and if you don't track down where both of them are coming from fast, it can all go to hell so quickly. In particular I really raged at this during the Last Man On Earth mutation. Also doesn't help that it's one of those maps where the trip from safe room to finale start point is a good 5, 10 or even 15 minutes depending on difficulty.

Ironically though I did hear that despite how hard it is, overall the campaign was the EASIEST to play on Expert, so I ended up using it when getting the Expert Realism achievement, and everything went quite swimmingly.

But overall the entire thing is just really flat, bland, repetitive and meh. Due to the open nature of the Left 4 Dead games with regards to playing whatever campaign you feel like (there is a storyline but it's not essential to pay attention to it to enjoy the game), I really pity anyone who might have played this one first, or worse - judged the game by it.

CAVE 1

It's easy to establish that i'm terrible at every video game every conceived, but Cave 1, man, Cave 1. I picked up PSO for the Gamecube after i had such a fun time with Phantasy Star -0-. I expected to get my money's worth and then some from this game. But no.

I struggled through Forest 1, but i enjoyed it.

Forest 2 gave me a bit of trouble as well, took a few attempts. Still fun.

The Dragon was fun, and i hate bosses.

AND THEN CAVE 1 CAME AND RUINED IT ALL

I don't have a broadband modem, so i was stuck in here all alone. Just me and my two measly gun weapons. The enemies here are a ton stronger than in Forest, but i could handle that. The fact of the matter is that they just. never. stopped. They kept coming for me. The praying mantis thing could stun me. I think there where, like, landsharks or something. Why don't i remember it? I'm supressing it.

And the worst part? Once i made it extremely far, into a dark room where an untouchable CAST began shooting my ass off.

Has anyone ever braved PSO single-player?

Edited by Nitwit_Speed

I can't think of any particularly annoying stages off the top of my head, so I'm going to go with this frustrating standby:

Rainbow_Road_MKWii.png

Rainbow Road (Mario Kart Wii)

Words cannot EXPRESS how annoying it is to race on this stage. While the previous Rainbow Roads were hard in their own right, this course was simply MADDENING. If you get even ONE burst of speed in the wrong section, BAM! Bottomless pit! If you get hit by ANY item, BAM! Bottomless pit! If you even THINK about overtaking another racer, BAM! Bottomless pit! Nintendo pulled out all the stops on this course to make sure that you fall into a pit at least once every time you play it. Mario Kart Wii's absolutely horrendous item balancing didn't help matters, either. Just TRY playing this course in Mirror Mode or on 150cc and you're asking for trouble. Thankfully, Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road isn't nearly as brutal (Mostly due to fewer bottomless pits and better item balancing.), but this course will forever remain an exercise in patience, frustration, and madness.

This one is kind of tough. Let's see....

DeathChamber.png

The closest thing I can think of for a least favourite stage is Death Chamber from Sonic Adventure 2. It's not a favourite stage of mine, nor do I fancy it. Far too many rooms and secret areas the Master Emerald pieces could be stashed in that are a pain in the ass to get to. Worse, it's the only treasure hunting stage in the game that I still need to use at least one hint box for in order to get it done in optimal time. I don't even have to do that with Meteor Herd or Mad Space. dry.png

I feel like doing something different today.

I'm going to pick from a gem that is not often mentioned. One that has been out for several years now and I still haven't successfully completed it yet.

Least Favourite Level:

Lost Odyssey

enlightenment02.jpg

The Temple of Enlightenment

Lost Odyssey...what a fantastic game. And while this type of level does appear in other games, (mostly RPGs) what adds to it in the temple of enlightenment is that it is an entirely optional dungeon that you get access to over 3 quarters of a way through the game, so make the mistake of going straight there when you can and you will quickly learn "Crap! These enemies are freakin' powerful!"

No problem, just continue in other areas until your stong enough.

Yep, and now I'm back and can take out the first bunch of enemies, make it inside and learn that the Temple of Enlightenment is a...3 or 4 storey maze, with platforms that go up, down or across with the structure your standing on having a traditional old temple feel, with holes, gaps and paths that go to dead ends, as well as those moving platforms that can take you to said dead ends.

This trend goes on for several other rooms as once you eventually reach the exit door it will take you on a path that leads to the next maze with moving parts. Some of these rooms have different types of puzzles, so later your in a room where activating a switch will make a path move that could either help or hinder you. They each move the same way so you can put them back in there original position by activating the button again. And they must be set a certain way for you to reach the next door. Some even need to be moved to reach another button that needs to be pressed then returning what you moved to get there back to it's original location.

While on it's own, all this sounds like a fun challege to you, right? But lets not forget what I said earlier about the enemies. You might be stonger now, but they will keep attacking and attacking and attacking, while your struggling to find the right path. This game has the walking in empty dungeon, then random battle mechanic in it. So there is no way to avoid battles, and as you progress, usefull items keeping you alive, will begin to look very empty.

Here's a list of each room you enter, that has it's own puzzle/maze like path.

Temple Exterior

The Square of Eternity

The Pricipice of Hopelessness

The Corridor of Timelessness

The Valley of Loneliness

The Alter of Truth - Boss battle! Your screwed...

What a cheerful place...

I do like a fun challenge but this place just seemed brutal. I lost count of how many times I died in there...and I was not ready for that boss!!

I don't know how I completed it, but I did...eventually...

Image spoiler tagged due to size:

day_7___least_favorite_location_by_noirnoctowl-d4na8as.png

Fun how I keep jumping from lauding a series one day to criticizing it the next.

For one of best and most influential games in history, made by one of the most competent developers there are, it's baffling how Xen ever got anywhere near the final version of Half Life.

Nothing about the place makes the least bit of sense. A game should not, at the very end, introduce a totally new mechanic, especially one that has nothing to do whatsoever with the genre: in this case, it's low-gravity, first-person platforming. So not only is it difficult to decide how to jump, it's even more difficult because you've never experienced the gravity before, and the icing on the cake is that the gravity also means it's harder to judge what kind of fall can kill you, leading to more than enough instances of missing a jump and having to start all over. Oh, and sometimes the platforms move, because things could only get worse at that point.

The difficulty is generally decent as far as combat goes, but two enemies in particular are absolutely horrid. The Alien Aircrafts with their incredibly strong lasers end up being cheap because you'll be fighting hordes of Vortigaunts on the ground when one will hover over and kill you in one hit. Then there are the Alien Controllers. I can understand that they're powerful, given that this is the end of the game, but I was constantly finding them too difficult compared to other enemies, mostly because they arrive in groups and can often be hard to aim at while they move. Even using the better weapons to fight them, you drain ammo too fast to make it worthwhile.

Xen just should not be. It almost singlehandedly ruins Half Life for me when compared to Half Life 2.

• Thumbs Up 5

Ack, day 7 is HARD!

Okay so after deliberation, this is my choice for least favourite level/stage;

Sadv2_skycanyon.png

Sky Canyon [sonic Advance 2]

This stage just seems to be rather unfair to me. Aside from already having a pretty plain aesthetic, the things you have to do here are ridiculous, and right at the start of act 2 (I think) is the motherload of ridiculousness. There is a ramp-spring which you have to run and jump with. Sounds easy, right? What you're not told is that you have to press R at the right time while bouncing off in order to get enough of a boost to make the jump, otherwise you end up falling to a lower platform. The catch? The lower platform route is a dead-end, so you have to kill yourself to try again. Ugh!

Cloudtemples.jpg

Cloud Temples [spyro 2]

Hooray, a non-Sonic/Crash franchise for a change. As much as I like Spyro 2, this level is boring. The environment isn't interesting, the enemies aren't interesting, the people you're helping aren't interesting, the music is uninteresting, it's just all around uninteresting. Well, except for one interesting thing that to this day prevents me from getting all 64 orbs needed to 100% the game since his challenge is so difficult to me...

200px-Agentzero.jpg

AGENT ZERO!!! How I hate thee!

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 7 - Least Favorite Area/Stage/Level in a Video Game

barrelentrence.png

Case 3: Turnabout Big Top - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All - Nintendo DS - 2006

The first and only time I played through this case, I was tired and hungry. Naturally, I thought my hatred for this case was due to only those two factors after I was done. Then I found out what the general consensus of this case was online. Turns out, everyone agrees that it was just plain shit.

The client you're defending is annoying and he's competing with this other guy to marry a 16-year old girl, (Who is also annoying) the judge gives you penalties if the clown on the stand makes a joke, the actual perpetrator is too obvious, and overall it's just so god damn boring. Sadly, in my opinion, this case is the only thing holding Justice for All back from being just as great as it's prequel and sequel, because the final case in this game is magnificent and full of "Oh shit" moments, and it's a crying shame that it has to suffer because of this whole clusterfuck.

Runner-Ups: Peaceful Rest Valley (EarthBound) and Air Battle (Aero Fighters Assault)

• Thumbs Up 5