Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games

Sami

Day 28 - Most Anticipated Video Game

And no, things like "hurr the next Sonic game" don't count. It has to be a game that is actually announced and known of.

Can we talk about games that have already been released that we had high aniticipation for in the past?

Because I can't really think of anything on the horizon that I really care about.

Edited by Gilda

I'd really prefer that not to be the case since this is generally a "Game You're Most Looking Forward To" kind of thing.

It's an interesting loophole but we haven't really had a day dedicated for upcoming things. I dunno. But I guess, go ahead if you really can't help yourself. I won't discount it.

Oh.

Ooooooh.

Mirror's Edge 2

You could write songs about my anticipation of this game. I shit you not, I yearn for news of the development of this game. Every fucking week, I type in Mirror's Edge 2 in my Google search bar and then click on the news to find anything remotely similar to the words, "mirror" or "edge," only to get teased with simple comparisons to the game. I want this game to happen. I need for it to happen. Damn.

SSX

Look in the thread and you find that the entire forum is dominated by me. I can't wait to get my hands on SSX. I want to find my happy place on those mountains and shit, everything looks amazing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Luigi's Mansion 2 (Luigi's Mansion Series)

Luigi_s_mansion_2.png

Yeees, I've been waiting so long for this game! (Well if you're talking about Future-Release games, I'll be speaking about this.) I've always been a huge fan of Luigi's Mansion, one of my favorite games. It also made me love Luigi alot more, and made him my favorite Mario character, and one of my favorite videogame characters period. You need to try out the first one and you'll see why I've wanted this game for so long.

If it was the other way around.

Sonic Generations (Sonic the Hedgehog Series)

FP2648-SONIC-GENERATIONS-cover.jpg

Why yes, Sonic Generations, most of you know that game, right? RIGHT?!..Well anyways, yes, I was so stoked for this game, I was trying to find every detail and every trailer I could possibly fine, I'm serious, whenever I heard a trailer would be revealed, I stayed on the computer until it was eventually revealed. I mean God, this games wait was like a drug.

Edited by The Scarlet Spider
  • Thumbs Up 2

Super Smash Brothers 4

Technically the game has been announced but it still isn't in development yet. Though I've always loved the SSB games, and loved the concept of having all (or most) of Nintendo's biggest stars together to duke it out across varios worlds. I'm personally hoping for an improved Subspace Emissary type story mode, and a few of my favorites to be introduced, such as Bowser Jr., Captain Syrup, Ghirahim, Louie (using bugs instead of pikmin), Magikarp, A new pokemon trainer, and more. I'm also excited to see how they'll incorporate the Wii-U's touch screen controller, or how they'll have the 3DS sinc up to the Wii-U. Overall I'm excited for it, even though I might have to wait about 5 years :V

Street Fighter x Tekken

Well, before it was that TMNT Rocksteady game rumored but they said it was false. sad.png

Since I saw the trailer with Marduk and King vs Poison and Hugo I really got hyped for this game.

The 2 most famous fighting videogame franchises colliding in a double team fighter with some of the most recognized as well forgotten characters of the series in there and don't forget Pacman and Megaman!

The gems really don't affect my opinion on the game.

Edited by Tmsp

bioshock_infinite_logo.jpg

Again, if you have been reading ANY of my posts from before, this should have been completely obvious to you. Bioshock Infinite is one game I just really cannot wait to play. I loved the first two in the series and this one just looks like it's going to bring in so many new and amazing things into the series while still basically keeping all the mechanics that people loved!

Different from the first two games, this one doesn't take place in the underwater city of Rapture, but rather a city in the skies called Columbia. Staying true to stuff like the Plasmids by using these vials called Vigors to give the players special abilities to help them on their way throughout the city.

The game looks awesome and as a huge fan of the series, I just cannot wait to see where they take all this next. And though I liked the creepy atmosphere of a broken down place like Rapture, I feel confident that Irrational Games will do what they have to in order to make this one just as awesome.

Plus, these skylines in the game look freaking awesome to ride on.

• Thumbs Up 1

In the past:

7evfokcr8ebrcjc1lc3whjk.jpg

Super Mario Galaxy

Was SO psyched for this game. Playing it for the first time was one of those special moments. I'll never forget the day I got it. Sonic Unleashed was a very, VERY close second. Sonic Generations might have been a close third had the entire internet (and Sonic Team themselves) not spoiled everything in the game.

In a couple of days:

000catherine.jpg

Catherine

Yes it's technically out but Mollfie and I have only ordered it as of Friday. Should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday. This game has taken far far too long to reach the UK, but I'm just happy it has. Can't wait to play and get a taste of Atlus' great storytelling in a gameplay medium I actually enjoy.

In the near future:

screenshot3dspapermario.jpg

Paper Mario (2012)

I have praised Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door many a time so naturally I am super psyched for the next Paper Mario game. Super Paper Mario was great but you can't beat the original-style gameplay. Which is ironic because I was just bemoaning Atlus for all their best games being RPGs, but meh, Paper Mario manages to do RPG in a way I enjoy. Plenty of skill, not just strategy, and plenty of platforming and puzzles outside the battles.

In the further future:

bioshockinfinitescreens.jpg

BioShock Infinite

Loved both BioShock 1 and 2, and if anything the totally new story and setting helps keep me at bay from reading too much. I still know very little about this game.

I look forward to my grand-children standing at my grave describing how they miss me and how much I would have enjoyed:

hl2ep3.jpg

Half-Life (2: Episode?) 3

Loooool.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Day 28: Most Anticipated Video Game

Gw2-boxfront.png

Guild Wars 2

I enjoy myself a good MMO every now and then, but finding the one that I like and in my budget is always the challenge. So I bought the first one as my first MMO ever, and I had wonderful time with it. I loved it, in fact, I probably could've chosen that as the game I played the most. Guild Wars' entire gimmick was the fact that the level cap was at 20, and you can only equip 8 skills at a time. It required a lot of strategy, especially when the developers thought it would be a fantastic idea to stuff in a fucking hard mode in an update making the already overleveled enemies (like 28-31) even harder. It really was a fun game, but that level cap of 20 was a curse too. Once you reach that cap you don't get any sense of progression after it, and you're going to hit the cap before you finish one of of the game's campaigns. PvP was still a blast however with the 12 vs 12 faction battles that determines which faction owns what city, getting into the Hall of Heroes to open up a gateway to a special area with really rare and cool loot for the community (which they fucked up apparently), and the Holiday pvp games (snowball fights, fuck yes).

And now the sequel is coming up. With a higher level cap, a drastically changed world (note, that's because of all the shit you pulled in the first game, good job hero), different playable races, and just like the first game, no monthly subscriptions to pay.

Oh yeah, dragons, the size of fucking mountains. Have fun with that.

2011 was such a fantastic gaming year. It brought the likes of Ghost Trick, Portal 2, Batman: Arkham City, Shadows of the Damned, Sonic Generations, Catherine and many, many more. 2012 is already heading off to have an incredibly promising start; SSX, Persona 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena, Skullgirls, Anarchy Reigns, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and Luigi's Mansion 2. That said however, out of all of these, none are quite as high on the list for me as two certain titles.

Screen+shot+2011-12-21+at+5.16.26+PM.png

Twisted Metal as a series is basically what if Carmageddon's vehicular violence was applied to the control of Trackmania and the monstrous deathmatch mayhem of Quake. This is some of the most intense and crazy, yet smart and strategic type of game play ever put into a series, and in Twisted Metal's PS3 debut, the series is cranking up the "crazy" bar to 11. The game has gone from crazy into batshit insane, with transformers, more explosions, zanier vehicles, bigger and more destructable maps, faster and more intense game play, and a shit ton of more gore, violence and bloodsplatter than ever before.

Between so many series taking the step towards the new era and a lot of them alienating what once was it's own integrity, the sequel to the greatest car combat game is coming jampacked with a plethora of modes, weapons, rides, battles and brawls unlike any game you've ever seen. Helmed by David Jaffe, it sacrifices nothing and adds onto everything to build a massive, old-school no-holds-barred, goriest party game with split-screen capabilities and online. By the time you're done in a good old round of deathmatch, chances are that you'll leave the round with the entire map completely leveled and torn apart.

And the best part? The above is impressions I vouch true based off of the demo alone. This can very well end up being my Game of The Year and I can honestly say I really hope more people buy into this since it is essentially bringing back so much of it's own essence, and puts everything that's fun about video games on display. Don't let the fact that it's a car game fool you, because it plays nothing like one, download the demo and have yourself a spin, as it's coming out in America on Tuesday.

And the second title I look forward to this year?

lollipop-chainsaw-boxart.jpg

Lollipop Chainsaw.

If this is the first time you've ever heard of this game, odds are you're rolling your eyes at the mere idea of what you can conceptualize from the artwork alone. After all, who remembers the terrible Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad? But I'll have you know this is different on pretty much every level. While the former is such a stupid, stereotype pandering piece of shlock, this game is the next big project helmed by Suda51, the genius who brought us No More Heroes, killer7 and Shadows of the Damned. Not only that, but he's doing yet another SotD style team-up on this one, this time with Hollywood wonder James Gunn. With two batshit insane producers like these you have a recipe for greatness already, and having a punk zombie, voiced by Jimmy Urine from Mindless Self Indulgence (who actually does the boss soundtrack for this game), who's attack is screaming curse words at you is merely the beginning of it.

The setting may be generic but so was the case in No More Heroes, and the appeal was always in the experience. Grasshopper have a ton of experience with the hack n slash stuff from No More Heroes, and this being their first pure HD title in that genre is promising enough alone. I look forward to Suda51 taking me for another spin.

Also bronies should probably know that the lead character, Juliet, is voiced by Tara Strong.

• Thumbs Up 4

professorlaytonvsphoeni.png

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney - Nintendo 3DS - 2012

The courtroom battles I love so much and a chance to try out gameplay of a series that I have limited experience with all in one package? Yes please. This will be the closest thing to an Ace Attorney anime that we'll see, unless AA5 happens to do the same thing. There's no reason for me not to get hyped.

I seriously hope Capcom doesn't repeat 2011. This needs to see an English release or I'm going to commit sudoku.

EDIT: SHITTY SHIT FUCKING SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT, HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THIS:

kerfuffle.png

Super Smash Bros. (Name Pending) - Nintendo Wii U - 201?

No, THIS is what I'm really looking forward to. Every new Smash Bros. game is better than the last one. I'm especially curious what their plans are for developing this and a 3DS Smash, but no doubt it will be something truly awesome once we have more information about it. I really would like to talk more about it, but nothing else has been revealed. Dammit Sakurai, revive the Smash Dojo so we can relive Japan Time again.

Runner-Ups: Ace Attorney 5 and Kid Icarus: Uprising Super Smash Bros. (3DS)

What I Would Actually Put Down If It Was Officially Announced, But Everyone Knows It Will Happen Eventually: Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire Remakes

Edited by Ricky
  • Thumbs Up 6

professorlaytonvsphoeni.png

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney - Nintendo 3DS - 2012

The courtroom battles I love so much and a chance to try out gameplay of a series that I have limited experience with all in one package? Yes please. This will be the closest thing to an Ace Attorney anime that we'll see, unless AA5 happens to do the same thing. There's no reason for me not to get hyped.

I seriously hope Capcom doesn't repeat 2011. This needs to see an English release or I'm going to commit sudoku.

Runner-Ups: Ace Attorney 5 and Kid Icarus: Uprising

What I Would Actually Put Down If It Was Officially Announced, But Everyone Knows It Will Happen Eventually: Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire Remakes

Ditto this. And I was about to be disappointed that no one brought this up yet.

Day 28: Most Anticipated Vidya

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney [3DS]

I've finally had a chance to experience the Ace Attorney series as I now own, played through, and beaten the first game, left wanting more.

Courtesy of Spudhead, I was introduced to Professor Layton with

(if you have time to spare, watch the movie I've provided in the link!) and I absolutely enjoyed the experience. Once I have the monetary means, I'll definitely pick up this series.

But seeing this, now that I've gotten a taste of both worlds, it's now Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney - IMMEDIATE WANT Edition.

Courtroom battles and puzzles to solve in a world going through constant witch trials with a villain dubbed "The Storyteller" who can write the future... this is going to be awesome.

Runner-ups

-Kid Icarus: Uprising: First KI game in how many years? A game developed by the same guy who brought Kirby and Super Smash Bros? Can't wait!

-Sonic 4: Episode 2: I look forward to any Sonic game, and I'm not really worrying about this one anymore. I just hope it'll be fun and a decent Genesis follow-up!

-Super Smash Bros 4 [Announced]: Hinted by Satoru Iwata to be available on the Wii U... AND THE 3DS!? YESSSSS!!! PORTABLE SMASH BROS! I just hope Snake and Sonic (especially Sonic) will return! ;A;

-Luigi's Mansion 2: Obvious reasons.

-Paper Mario 3DS: Portable Paper time!

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 28 and my Most Anticipated Video Game. I am going to have to say Simbin's newest racing game GTR 3. I know it was delayed quite a few times but it looks like it will finally come out this year based on the official newsletters from the staff on their website. The car selection appears to solid so far with the Pagani Zonda R, Corvette C6 GT2, and P4/5 Competizione officially revealed. The track selection is still under wraps but rumor has it there will be some tracks returning from previous games plus some new ones in the mix. All in all this game will most likely blow the doors off the racing sim genre as GTR 2 did in 2006.

The 'They're Fixing Everything' Optimist's Award

1244077_BL2Logos_layeredPrint1.jpg

They have listened to their fans and learned of all of the problems, like poor enemy AI, uninteractive NPCs, little variety between guns manufacturers and skills, everything on the planet is a different shade of brown, etc. They said they were focused on fixing these problems and showed a bit of gamplay. Even if this game turns out mediocre like the first, I'll still have fun playing it with friends.

The Hope is a Splendid Thing Award

13260135880.jpg

So I hear there's going to be another X-Com game. It's a first-person Mass Effect-esque game that pretty much has nothing to do with the original, gameplay-wise. If we buy it, they'll make more like it. If we don't, we'll probably never see this IP again.

But then, Firaxis came to save the day! They're making a game with the same basic gameplay as the original, but also trying to make it different and improved! From what I've seen in videos, they care about the original like Gabe cares about his fans. God bless you Sid Meier!

Other Awards:

The 'I'm Fishing So My Dog Can Turn Into a Spider' Award: Torchlight 2

The Boolated Boolooza of Boo Puns Award: Luigi's Mansion 2

The Please Don't Act Like it's Cancelled Again Award: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Edited by Swift
  • Thumbs Up 2

Day #28 - Kami's Blockbuster-Hit in the Making "Ninja should stop pitching that Big Rigs Racing sequel and look at this!" Most Anticipated Game

For this category, I plan to skip the games which are little more than suggested/rumoured games, such as the Wii U Smash Bros, the New Super Mario Bros 3DS, and the very recently mentioned All-Stars Racing sequel, and go with those that are a little closer, so there's more to talk about. Anyway...

PM3DS15.png

Wahoo~

I'm really looking forward to the Paper Mario game for the 3DS, since all of the previous Paper Mario games have bee a real treat to play with really fun stories that keep you interested. This one looks to be returning to a Battle System closer to the first two games after Super Paper Mario (which was a fair attempt I thought), though this time they really seem to be playing up the "Paper" angle, with giant fans, scissors and other effects in battle.

They've been relatively quiet on the story though (then again there's not been much info on the game as it is I guess :V), and from what I've seen it appears to be a more standard Mario vs. Bowser set up, much like the first game, but then we'll have to wait and see where this goes...

Luigi_onbed.PNG

(oh? is Weegee getting de spotlight now?)

Luigi's Mansion 2 is the second game I'm looking forward to this year. I felt the first game was really well crafted in how you explored the single mansion, and how you captured ghosts was a really interesting play style. Admittedly, from what screens and footage that's been released, Luigi's Mansion 2 isn't exactly "wow"ing me, but then the gameplay is kinda more slower paced and stuff, so I figure it may be seem better when actually in my hands.

The only other game I can really mention at this point in time though, is Sonic 4: Episode 2. I did have fun with the first episode (despite it's flaws) and I am interested to see what they do with Metal Sonic in this game, but I'm also kinda wary to see if the gameplay does get improved this time around.

Beyond that I don't really know of any other games I'm looking forward to right now...(also I demand to see more playable Wario!)

• Thumbs Up 6

402502_278979598823245_100001336202443_662473_788008453_n.jpg

Shut up, this isn't cheating. Anyone who's talked to me about Nintendo should know that Pokemon is easily my favorite franchise the company has ever made. Zelda's at a close second, but I always inevitably end up comparing each Zelda game I play to RPGs in regards to story and presentation; categories in which they consistently underwhelm. Skyward Sword was one of my favorite games, but I still wish the story and presentation had... more. Of course, none of the Pokemon games are storytelling masterpieces, but that's not even close to what the games are going for. But I digress. Pokemon truly is an experience like no other. Nowhere else do I feel like as much of an adventurer on a "coming of age" quest as I do with Pokemon. Everything feels like it's part of a living, breathing world that I've now become a part of. Beating the Elite Four and becoming the Pokemon Champion truly feels like an accomplishment. Hell, capturing new Pokemanz soon becomes a painful process due to how attached I can get to some of these guys (I KNOW LUGIA IS A BETTER FLYING TYPE BUT... FFFFF- I RAISED YOU SINCE YOU WERE A BABY, NOCTOWL). The only problem I've ever had with Pokemon is such a shallow one that I honestly feel a bit bad for making it my main complaint: The presentation needs to be improved. I want 3D graphics; I want *actual* Pokemon cries and not the weird, buzzy EEIIGHIAGI thing we get now; and most importantly, I want the battles to look more exciting.

The 3DS offers improvements to my main issue; it's capable of rendering some fantastic visuals (hell, they've got some great looking models on the Pokedex 3D app all set for the next game), there should be enough cartridge space for some basic Pokemon cries, and the 3DS has the capacity to show me battles at least as entertaining to look at as the ones in Pokemon Battle Revolution. Best of all, the online can be heavily improved.

FFFFF- This one's all baseless hype, I have to admit, but MAN can I not wait to finally get my hands on it.

Edit: Oh crap, wait. It needs to have been announced? Well, in all fairness, everyone knows this game is going to happen eventually, anyway, but I don't want to break the rules in my own topic. :P

In that case, I guess I'll go with...

zym5E.jpg

I love Ace Attorney. I love pretty graphics. I love good music. Ace Attorney + 3DS will hopefully equate to a perfect blend of these things, so... yeah. I'm stoked.

Edited by Dissident
  • Thumbs Up 2

1806996-luigis_mansion_2_logo.jpg

I've seen many mixed opinions of the first Luigi's Mansion, but I really liked it. It was nice to see Luigi as the protagonist for once not counting those terrible educational games, and the gameplay and premise of the game felt like a nice change to what was expected from a Mario game. It wasn't a bright and cheery platformer, but it was still fun in it's own right. The only really big problem with it was that it didn't exactly take very long to complete once you knew what you were doing. When they announced the sequel to it, I was really happy, since it was nice to see that Nintendo were willing to give a game that had probably been long since forgotten by a large number of people, simply for how long ago it came out, a sequel. When they announced that there would be more than one mansion, I got even more hyped for it, since it means that my main problem with the previous game is more than likely not going to be around this time, and it being on a portable console makes it even better.

qwyjvs.png

(The 3DS one of course)

As a big fan of the Paper Mario series, I'm really hyped for this game as well. It's nice to see them going back to the RPG style rather than the platformer Super Paper Mario was. I'm not one of the people who disliked the game, it was standard Mario gameplay, it would be hard for it to be bad, but one of my favourite things about the Paper Mario series, and the Mario RPGs on the whole, was how they were able to mix in the platforming elements with the puzzles and battle system that come with an RPG. Like I mentioned a few days ago, they seem to have got somewhat creative with how they used the 3D with this one, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what they use the 3D for here.

2gxprnb.png

Since I'm a Street Fighter fan (I've played some of the Tekken games, but it's been a long time since I've done so since I'm not as big on 3D fighters as I was when I was younger) this was another obvious pick for me. It's nice to see some of the older characters that didn't make the cut in the various versions of Street Fighter 4 like Rolento and Hugo (The former of the 2 I'm really excited to see again, since he was one of my favourite characters to use in Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3) and even introducing a (sort of) new character with Poison for the Street Fighter side, rather than just getting lazy and entirely rehashing characters from Street Fighter 4. I'm also looking forward to seeing how the Tekken cast works on a 2D plain rather than their native 3D one.

Now if only I had a PS3 so i could play as Bad Box Art Mega Man.

Honourable mentions:

Kid Icarus: Uprising: It's nice to see Nintendo bringing back a once obscure IP after Pit made himself known in Brawl, the gameplay looks really fun and it looks like it shows off how much the 3DS can do really well.

Super Smash Bros. 4: I'd put this out of the honourable mentions, but I feel it'd be kind of cheating since we don't know anything about it, it hasn't even started development and we weren't even meant to know about it yet. Super Smash Bros. is Super Smash Bros. though, so it's guaranteed to be fun, and it'll be really nice to have a portable Smash Bros. game for once after all of this time.

• Thumbs Up 4

Day Numbero 28年- Ninja's Duke Nukem Forevertastic "Kami's picks are even less likeley to be Released then Half Life 2: Episode 3", Most Anticipated Games!

PM3DS15.png

Paper Mario 3DS

Super Paper Mario I found to be the weakest of the Paper Mario Games, and by that I mean it was still a Good Game, but Just not as good as it's predeccesors.

So seeing this New Installments go back to the Turn based style of the first two titles makes Me very excited for it, alongside a Chain Chomp Helper and some Interesting sounding new Items.

j128lv.png

Mass Effect 3

the Mass Effect series has quickly become one of my Favourite Space Operas, with it's overall Interesting Plots, deep Lore and all sorts of Interesting Characters. So seeing as the Third and Final Part of this Trilogy is coming up, I'm naturally eager as Hell to see what's gonna Happen next to our Heroes.

and of course, always remember

No Matter what Scars you bear, no matter what Uniform you wear.

You can fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard, but you'll never be better

then

1zv4vv9.jpg

Luigi's Mansion 2

the first Luigi's Mansion game I found to be a very Enjoyable and very Creepy Little Game. So seeing Luigi back in Action with his Little Vacuum fills me with Joy and definietly makes me wanna get a 3DS.

Honorable Mention:

Kid Icarus: Uprising, Nintendo 3DS: I've played a little of the Original NES Kid Icarus game (but never got far into it) and never got around playing the Game Boy Installment, but I liked Seeing Pit in Brawl and after seeing the first Trailers for this game, I'm excited for it.

"Bark Like a Dog"

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark
  • Thumbs Up 4

Kingdom Hearts II

kh2u.jpg

Oh jeeze, back when I was in my Kingdom Hearts hype, I was looking forward to this game like crazy, so much that I somehow pushed myself to play all the way through Chain of Memories twice with both Riku and Sora and then went back to 100% Kingdom Hearts. I had a freaking countdown timer going on my messenger screen, visited websites to see new announcements, drew fanart, pre-ordered it, and then rushed out to get the game when it was released with a friend as well as get that 'limited edition' strategy guide thing. Yeah, I don't think I've ever been more ridiculously excited for any other game that came out except maybe Sonic Generations. I'd get more excited for 'Tales of' games if their localization wasn't so hit and miss.

Needless to say, once KH II was out and I was back home with the game I would wake up at about 4 a.m. nearly every morning just to get in some playtime hours before school started. It was really bad. Not to mention my circle of friends also got the game as did my art teacher and we would talk constantly about the damn thing. A friend of mine also brought over her Japanese PS2 and Final Mix + with Re:Chain of Memories included. Played that a bit and also managed to beat Re:Chain in Japanese...it was interesting, needless it say.

Coming out soon

Hm...this one would be hard, because I honestly don't have any games I'm looking forward to within the next release. I'm pretty excited for Kingdom Hearts 3, Paper Mario 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and the potential release of Poke'mon Grey/Gray.

Edited by Briaaaah

MOST ANTICIPATED VIDYA

250px-KH3D_Japan_Cover.jpg

KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: DREAM DROP DISTANCE

Well, it's officially been six years since the release of Kingdom Hearts II. That doesn't mean there haven't been games since then. It just means that the gap has been filled by spin-off after spin-off. Re: Chain of Memories, Coded, 358/2 Days, Re: Coded, Birth By Sleep.

For me, these spin-offs have been fun, but not anything fresh or what I want in a sequel. While they all have some relevance to the story, I refer to them as spin-offs. What we've seen of Dream Drop Distance, on the other hand, is anything but tired.

Dream Drop Distance uses a fast-paced new combat system, where characters are flying all over the fucking place. New designs, new levels, new characters, and using the power of the 3DS, a story worthy of a console installment (in all honesty, all the handheld spin-offs have had amazing stories considering the limitations.)

This game appears to be more of a main game than a spin-off, and I can't tell you how awesome that is for me. Until Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out, this game seems like the best we're gonna get to a main sequel.

I don't yet own a 3DS, but I'm saving up for one. This game is probably the main reason.

Have you ever done that?

Bought a console just for one game?

• Thumbs Up 3

Previously released game

Sonic-Generations-Official-Gameplay-Trailer.jpg

@A Match in Oil Ocean Zone: Yes, I have bought a console for one game before. Specifically, a 360 for Generations. God, I was so excited to get this game. Looking up things like the level list, finding out the release date, and playing the demos. I even watched a playthrough from that girl who bought the game a day or two early at Best Buy. It's actually been the only game I pre-ordered it, since I was so excited to get it at release date. (wanted to go to the midnight opening but mother wouldn't take me.) And you know what, best decision I ever made.

Upcoming game yet to be released

Super_smash_bros_logo.png

Super Smash Bros 4. This series is just amazing. First, it combines fighting and platforming, my two favorite gaming genres. Then, it adds a unique damage system and way to defeat your enemies. Then add a shit-ton of nintendo characters, along with a couple third-party characters (including Sonic the fucking hedgehog,) along with similarly-themed stages, items, and trophies/stickers. Finally, release it for Wii U and 3DS, allowing us to experience all this epicness in HD, 3D, and on the go. Serves 4.

Day 28 - Most Anticipated Video Game.

Vinyl Scratch here...

Darksiders_2_logo.png

After Darksiders ended in a cliffhanger, I was left with "NEED. MORE." I really wanted to see the other three Horseman, after Darksiders II was announced I literally jumped out from my bed.

The game has War's brother, Death, on his quest to revive the human race and prove that War wasn't the cause of the Apocalypse.

The game developers have confirmed that the game's "dungeons" will be bigger than all three dungeons from the first game COMBINED. Do you have any idea how big that would be? It's wicked!

The game was confirmed to feature the other two Horsemen of Apocalypse: Strife and Fury. So we have full house with this game.

I can't wait for Darksiders II to release.

Edited by Spider-Man 2099

2isw8zl.jpg

Alright, look, I'm sorry, okay?

Sonic 4 Episode 1 was mediocre. I understand that, but it was still an enjoyable game, and after seeing the vast physics and control improvements seen in the 3DS version of Sonic Generations (headed by Dimps) I feel that I have a genuine reason to be excited for this installment.

A new graphics engine, the promise of rolling physics being fixed, all new original levels with minimal throwbacks, and some genuinely creative badnik designs are enough to whet my appetite for this game.

Look, it's no secret that I love Sonic. This is by far the only game that I'm excited to play at this point, and it'll be difficult for the game to disappoint me. I was moderately satisfied with Episode 1, and anything better than that is enough to make me happy.

Godspeed, Sonic the Hedgehog. And Tails, too!

(Can't WAIT to play as Tails for the first time in AGES)

(AGES backwards is SEGA)

(Har)

• Thumbs Up 4