Awoo.

Mario gets MANLY on iPhone in February

DistantJ

Awesome Land comes out on iOS in February. There have been a couple of really sleazy Mario clones on iTunes store before like Super Jump World and Super World Adventures, but this one looks great. It's to Mario what 3D Dot Game Heroes was to Zelda, a proper tribute as opposed to a quick ripoff. Crazy unique art style too.

awesomeland.png

IMG_0019.PNG

IMG_0017%202.PNG

Edited by DistantJ
  • Thumbs Up 3

Wow...for a second, I thought this was some Adult Swim game..

Er, no...as 'Awesome' as the makers want it to be, this doesn't fly with me. I'll stick to what it's trying to rip-off from.

Edited by TheChaosBlue
  • Thumbs Up 2

Er, no...as 'Awesome' as the makers want it to be, this doesn't fly with me. I'll stick to what it's trying to rip-off from.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yep! Have fun playing Mario on your iPhone!

...wait.

Has it occurred to anyone that people are making these Mario clones specifically because Nintendo doesn't port any of their games to iDevices? You don't see any Sonic clones out there, because Sonic's actually on those devices. Mario isn't, therefore...

Well if he has a device that can play Mario games, then there really isn't any problem, is there?

iPhone = free with contract

Awesome Land = £1.99

Total: £1.99

3DS = £130

Super Mario 3D Land = £30

Total: £160

Your still going to pay for that phone one way or another so it matters little.

Awesome Land = £1.99

3DS = £130

But he wants to stick to Mario so...not really a problem unless you're very tight on money.

The sprite looks a lot like Mario, though the character looks nothing like him, interesting stuff huh? Anyway in the trailer I can't see him hitting any blocks from underneath, just jumping on enemies and stuff, which would make it, a platform game, I guess... There are things which look and act like the Medusa heads in CastleVania too. Reminds me a lot of when Nintendo games used to be badass. The way I see it, this is Mario's 3D Dot Game Heroes... Remember that game?

Awesome Land = £1.99

3DS = £130

You forgot to mention that contracts cost considerably more than 160 Pounds and are incredibly difficult to get out of.

• Thumbs Up 4

The sprite looks a lot like Mario, though the character looks nothing like him, interesting stuff huh? Anyway in the trailer I can't see him hitting any blocks from underneath, just jumping on enemies and stuff, which would make it, a platform game, I guess... There are things which look and act like the Medusa heads in CastleVania too. Reminds me a lot of when Nintendo games used to be badass. The way I see it, this is Mario's 3D Dot Game Heroes... Remember that game?

When Nintendo was awesome, you mean when games were mostly a bunch of memorization rooms that had to be solved through back breaking trial and error, while having the forgiveness of seven Jokers merged to one? When games were often so incredibly cryptic that one needed to subscribe to paid magazines or hope for word of mouth to spread? When games needed to be beaten in one sitting or require the use of an often monotonous password system to progress. And when precision was so key that one would need a magnifying glass to even spot where to land?

....Yeah, those were pretty awesome times. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

When Nintendo was awesome, you mean when games were mostly a bunch of memorization rooms that had to be solved through back breaking trial and error, while having the forgiveness of seven Jokers merged to one? When games were often so incredibly cryptic that one needed to subscribe to paid magazines or hope for word of mouth to spread? When games needed to be beaten in one sitting or require the use of an often monotonous password system to progress. And when precision was so key that one would need a magnifying glass to even spot where to land?

...Yup! Them were the days!!

NES_controller.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1