Awoo.

Yuji Naka says the studio Marza Animation Planet is doing a new movie from Sonic

Speed the hedgehog

Yuji Naka says the studio Marza Animation Planetis doing a new movie from Sonic.

Sonic Paradise: http://www.sonicparadise.net/2012/01/una-pelicula-animada-de-sonic-podria.html

Animation studio Marza The Planet has made a film (short animation) Sonic (Sonic: Night of the Werehog)

Edited by Speed the hedgehog

Indigo Rush pointed this out to me yesterday. After seeing Yuji Naka's Facebook post in a translator, it doesn't really say anything about the studio making a new Sonic movie. I think we need to wait until someone who knows Japanese can do a proper translation of the comment.

k4fm6f.jpg

All my rings on a silent Sonic like last time.

But seriously, another Sonic short? That would be way past cool!

Edited by VizardJeffhog

I'm not really sure how it can be classed as fake when it's a direct post from Yuji Naka on his very own Facebook.

Misguided translation/understanding? Perhaps.

Fake? No.

Not gonna make any assumptions based on bad translations.

Also, why would Yuji Naka be in on this if it were a Sonic movie/short? He's not with SEGA anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

Source, then we'll lock it and call it a day.

The link is in the OP. They updated the article.

UPDATE: We have a faithful translation and reliable thanks to our partners and Miles_Wolf NoKu, which clarifies that no film on the way ... for now.

Today we visited the firm / company Marza Animation Planet.
Originally the Department of Research and Development Sega VE after the split of the company became independent and, therefore, also involved in assembly / creation of the animated Sonic (the cinematics of games).
At present it seems that also engage to películas.En reality, I was also involved in the creation of the Department of VE research and development so I want to become the Pixar of Japan and get great work out one after another.

It seems that it was a false alarm and are not making a Sonic movie right now. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused our readers. We will be alert to any movement that might be in the future about it and report it as soon as possible.

Aw, I was going to say "inb4 it's those CGI clips from the Generations Trailers, and there's a short Sonic Generations movie."

I'd love to see an Archie Sonic movie, but I really don't have an interest in seeing a movie based on the Sega Sonic canon. *Puts up flame shield.*

If they're refering to a new Sonic "movie", then I hope it's just a short similar to Night of the Werehog, or just a cutscene from an upcoming game. Sonic is not the kind of series that deserves the treatment of a big-budget film that's a box office hit (Disney better not get their greedy hands on the Sonic brand in any form, or else I will vomit and not be happy), especially since most film adaptions of video games normally don't do too well among critics or the box office.

Why does everyone want a Sonic movie and new Sonic show to be made when there are tons of other video games that never had that sort of adaption before? Sonic already has four TV series, an OVA and a long-running Archie Comics adaption, whereas most of SEGA's other franchises have nothing at all but the games. The only possible explaination on why Sonic is popular because he is SEGA's mascot that was made to compete with Nintendo's Mario, and even so, Mario is still iconic and better known (I'm a Sonic fan but seriously, I wish Sonic wasn't milked to death: I feel that the franchise is way too popular for it's own good, and that explains all the terrible fanfics you see across the web).

Seriously, I would much rather see a new Sonic game be made instead of a full length Sonic movie on the big screen or another Sonic TV show.

• Thumbs Up 1

The reason none of Sega's other franchises have anything is because, for the most part, nobody cares about them.

(Disney better not get their greedy hands on the Sonic brand in any form, or else I will vomit and not be happy)

• Thumbs Up 1