Awoo.

Rumour: Episode 2 release date....

Badnik Mechanic

There also seem to be some blue spire behind Tails.

Oh I missed that.

@Koalapoop, it's sticking out by Tails right ear.

Why would they make another ruins zone? Isn't Lost Labyrinth ruins?

I hate to break it to you guys, but ruins levels were common in the original games, as well as Sonic 4's Lost Labyrinth...

I hate to break it to you guys, but ruins levels were common in the original games, as well as Sonic 4's Lost Labyrinth...

Edited by the hedgehogs boost

I don't understand what your point is.

My point is that a lot of people are hoping for original tropes (or at least tropes not used in the classics) for Sonic 4. Ruins already existed in the classics, and also already in Sonic 4.

Even if it IS supposed "Greek" theme, Aquatic Ruin Zone always seemed a little Greek to me...

My point is that a lot of people are hoping for original tropes (or at least tropes not used in the classics) for Sonic 4. Ruins already existed in the classics, and also already in Sonic 4.

Even if it IS supposed "Greek" theme, Aquatic Ruin Zone always seemed a little Greek to me...

Nothing wrong with a set of new and original ruins is there? Can't expect them to come up with 100% new tropes for every game. Sonic's been to so many different places that its hard not to derive (accidentally or otherwise) from previous tropes.

Even from the little we can see, this gives off very different vibes than AR. Nor do we know how prominent the ruins are.

Anyone think this level could be a snow ruins? I don't think that has been done in Sonic yet, and the colors seem cold. The blue spire I pointed out could be an icicle or something.

• Thumbs Up 6

Anyone think this level could be a snow ruins? I don't think that has been done in Sonic yet, and the colors seem cold. The blue spire I pointed out could be an icicle or something.

That would be awesome. Also, how many variations on the ruin theme are there that haven't been used yet?

Two of my favourite tropes in one... That would be fantastic.

That would be awesome. Also, how many variations on the ruin theme are there that haven't been used yet?

I don't think we've had an old broken down base before. SpookyMulder's idea of revisiting the Death Egg in ruins would be amazing. Although if you're speaking specifically of ancient ruins then I'm not sure.

Edited by Lungo

Looks like:

Aquatic_Ruins_from_Sonic_2_for_Mega_Drive.png

And tht thingy in the new artwork looks like that Marble Garden thing.

Aquatic Garden Zone!

I also want to say, if time travel is involved like it is in Sonic CD, this could be the future or past or whatever Ruins were common in Sonic CD but in big part since you were time leaping.

• Thumbs Up 1

A frozen ruins zone would be pretty cool...

NO. WAIT.

Imagine a frozen version of Aquatic Ruin Zone.... holy shit, that would be epic. Don't fuck this up for me Dimps, do NOT. Fuck. this. UP.

Edited by EXshad

Remember that rumors are rumors until there is a confirmation. Haven't heard anything about an actual release date, but I'll have to wait and see, myself.

I would like to see them make a hub world map like in SG... Like, maybe for episode III, since it'd be Sonic 3-related, Angel Island from Sonic Adventure floating up, and Sonic jumps off to go to levels... Skyward Sword anyone?

Eh, I'm not a fan of Generation's hub. It was fine to get to the acts, but getting to some missions could be a pain. The world map is more than enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...

From Sega's SOS 2012 announcement,

This will be the fifth anniversary of Summer of Sonic – and we’re determined to make it the biggest and best show yet! SoS is an all-day event that celebrates all aspects of the Sonic franchise. ‘Zoned’ areas offer a range of different activities – budding artists can sit down at the fan art tables and compete in competitions, speed runners can challenge each other at the retro gaming pods, and the latest Sonic titles are available for fans to try before they’re even released.

Sos takes place on July 7th, and Sonic boom on July 12th(I think), so unless there's another Sonic title announced this year late in development, Screwattack was right. Sonic 4 Ep.2 will be released sometime in the summer after these two conventions, probably sometime between late July to Mid August, (speculation).