Awoo.

Rumour: Episode 2 release date....

Badnik Mechanic

There's literally no good reason for E2 to be released that late. It's quite unusual for a year not to see multiple Sonic releases anyway. Remember, ASR was released in Feb 2010 and then a couple of months later Colours and Free Riders were announced and were to be released in the Autumn of the same year along with S4E1. If E2 is held out until July or after, it's probably just for the marketing. Good reason for SEGA, not a good reason for us :P

Edited by HYDROCITEE

From Sega's SOS 2012 announcement,

Sos takes place on July 7th, and Sonic boom on July 12th(I think), so unless there's another Sonic title announced this year late in development, Screwattack was right. Sonic 4 Ep.2 will be released sometime in the summer after these two conventions, probably sometime between late July to Mid August, (speculation).

In 2008 during Spring, Sonic Unleashed was announced out of nowhere and released in November.

In 2010 during Spring, Sonic Colors was announced out of nowhere and released in November.

In 2011 during Spring, Sonic Generations was announced out of nowhere and released in November.

Food for thought. I don't think it's Sonic 4 they're talking about here.

Edited by Agent York
  • Thumbs Up 2

In 2008 during Spring, Sonic Unleashed was announced out of nowhere and released in November.

In 2010 during Spring, Sonic Colors was announced out of nowhere and released in November.

In 2011 during Spring, Sonic Generations was announced out of nowhere and released in November.

Food for thought. I don't think it's Sonic 4 they're talking about here.

Edited by Naked Dog

I dunno, Sonic Generations was the BIG project they spent years on. Releasing another Sonic game not even a year after Generations is out to take any of it's problems or praises into development seems a little rushed, unless they've been working on a bigger project then Generations while making Generations, (though that seems unlikely.)

well take a look at Mario for example. last november he had a smash hit SM3DL and Iwata just announce another main series mario game for the new fiscal year from April 2012 to March 2013. And look at the games that came about the same time as Generations development. Colors, Sonic 4-1, Free Riders, and to an extend Generations 3ds.

well take a look at Mario for example. last november he had a smash hit SM3DL and Iwata just announce another main series mario game for the new fiscal year from April 2012 to March 2013. And look at the games that came about the same time as Generations development. Colors, Sonic 4-1, Free Riders, and to an extend Generations 3ds.

Yeah but the thing is Mario 3D Land was for a handheld, which took up only a year to make probably, Generations was a console game that had a longer development process, taking 3 years.

Sonic 4 and Gens 3DS was made by Dimps, Free Riders a different part of Sonic Team, and Colors by the storybook team. So I guess it's not impossible for Sonic Team to have had another division working on another Sonic game.

Edited by Naked Dog

Yeah but the thing is Mario 3D Land was for a handheld, which took up only a year to make probably, Generations was a console game that had a longer development process, taking 3 years.

Sonic 4 and Gens 3DS was made by Dimps, Free Riders a different part of Sonic Team, and Colors by the storybook team. So I guess it's not impossible for Sonic Team to have had another division working on another Sonic game.

Exactly, plus I don't think the storybook team had anything to do after colors so maybe they have had some time to come up with another colors style game.

Exactly, plus I don't think the storybook team had anything to do after colors so maybe they have had some time to come up with another colors style game.

I heard they collaberated with HD Sonic Team on Generations after finishing Colors.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

I heard they collaberated with HD Sonic Team on Generations after finishing Colors.

I like Generations 3DS but the storybook team should have been placed to help DIMPS

Rumour: Sonic 4: Episode 2 Due Late 2012?

Sonic-4-Episode-2-Late-2012-GamesMaster-Scan.jpg

Sonic fans have been waiting a long time for the second episode of Sonic’s downloadable adventure Sonic the Hedgehog 4, and according to the new issue of GamesMaster magazine released in the UK this week, the wait isn’t anywhere near over. The magazine reports that Episode 2 will be released “Late 2012″, which could see it released over two years after Episode 1. As SEGA themselves haven’t stated anything clearer than “2012″ yet, we advise you take this with a grain of salt for now.

Source: GamesMaster Issue 248 March 2012

http://www.sonicstad...-due-late-2012/

Here's the full scan:

35n8xe1.jpg

Why the fuck are Sega giving an episode of an arcade game which will probably be finished in a few hours the hype campaign of a full retail game?

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 7

With Shadzter's post in mind, I can't help but feel a bit worried about the game's length. If its being released late this year is true, how big is the game actually gonna be? Will it have the same amount of zones and bosses as Episode 1, or will it have a more substantial amount of content?

I was actually looking forward to a Spring release. =/

With Shadzter's post in mind, I can't help but feel a bit worried about the game's length. If its being released late this year is true, how big is the game actually gonna be? Will it have the same amount of zones and bosses as Episode 1, or will it have a more substantial amount of content?

I, for one, think it's going to be alot bigger than Episode I, due to the bigger budget and the length it has taken to finish the game.

I am skeptical about the whole late 2012. I'm going to wait until some official announcement from Sega/Kenesis/or someone but if it's true then it makes you wonder.

Will the game be bigger? with the bigger budget etc.

Why they started so early revealing stuff? even if it's concept art. They want to re-assure people?

They want to build a big hype by revealing small to bigger things?

Are they going to reveal everything until release?

Maybe they are waiting for Wii U to be released so they can put it there as well now that Nintendo announced the Nintendo Network?

In the end though it boils down to this Q.

Maybe they started development in the previous 2 months? and they haven't anything else to show us than concept art? That's why we haven't seen any gameplay?

In any case i am excited about Ep 2 but i am pretty sure not the only person here wanting a spring release.

EDIT: Most of these Qs might be really nothing and i am overthinking stuff but i just wanted to write them down.

Edited by frokenok3

More interesting to me is that part about Metal Sonic replacing Eggman. Do they mean entirely, as in, Metal Sonic will even be piloting the bosses, like in Sky Sanctuary Zone? (The concept art wasn't drawn that way, but then again it is just a concept.) That would be one solid way of getting him more involved.

"First half" I think/hope just means that, since there's only been one episode far, Episode 2 is by definition half the game, and it doesn't necessarily preclude there being more episodes. Heck, the magazine doesn't even know when it'll be released.

As for "late 2012"... definitely hoping that that means "second half of 2012," i.e. July is a possibility. I'm not sure I can handle a countdown lasting more than half a year, unless they start hyping another game as well. Otherwise it'll become inconceivably boring. Best-case scenario, the magazine was just guessing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Since they revealed concept art for the boss and a few badniks, it will be released before September.

Where does logic fall into that? Sonic 4 Ep.1 revealed character(s) and badniks in Janurary, but was out in October.

and someone asked this earlier, This game has been in development since Feburary 2011.

Why the fuck are Sega giving an episode of an arcade game which will probably be finished in a few hours the hype campaign of a full retail game?

Because, you know, they've learned their lesson from the first time.

• Thumbs Up 6

Where does logic fall into that? Sonic 4 Ep.1 revealed character(s) and badniks in Janurary, but was out in October.

Yeah, but was Ep.1 not originally planned for a Summer release?

Yeah, but was Ep.1 not originally planned for a Summer release?

Signs pointed to it actually being designated for a May release IIRC. But yeah, it was delayed for a good amount of time, so that's the only reason it got an October release.

I'm pretty sure it was planned for a July release.

Summer at any rate. May or June is definitely what I remember. July sounds too far down the line.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me if this was brought up already, but if IGN's release schedule is to be believed, Episode II is coming out for XBox 360 on May 16th and PS3 on May 30th.

Interestingly enough, they indicate the PC version will also be out on the 30th of May, for $9.99.

If that's really the price, then not only does Episode 2 look (graphically) better than 1, but it's cheaper too.