Awoo.

Worst sonic Move/Gimmick ever

KHCast

Tails and Amy in SA weren't too bad.

I'll give you that. Tails was Decent. Amy was.....rough around the edges but OK....sort of.

This video reminds of how fun Heroes looks to play. Shame about when you pick up the controller though....

Heroes had potential when it came to the speed character stuff, given that it could reach pretty high speeds for a game that isn't in the Boost Trilogy. However, the ridiculously feather-light, overly sensitive controls, coupled with spastic acceleration and soap-bar-on-ice movement hampered it. It was way too easy to lose control of a speed character.

If they tweaked that engine, maybe bring in hints of Generations' engine, and made it so, one careless twitch of the analogue stick didn't send you careening off in a tangential direction, it could be actually fun to play.

Anyway, worst gimmick. Oh there are lots. 

Swords. Not the idea, but the horrible on-rails, execution.

Secret Rings itself was a pretty horrible gimmick.

Guns. Need I say more? Really not suitable for the franchise.

Everything other than Sonic (Shadow) in SA1 and SA2 was completely garbage, and shouldn't have ever existed. 

Maybe I'm kinda getting tired of the boost.....I still kinda like it, but I would like to see what it'd be like if the Boost was reduced to a power-up or a reward for being a complete and utter badass at the game.

I'd say that Gamma's stages were better than Eggman/Tails because of how they didn't drag on as much and you weren't forced into them after a treasure hunting/racing section. Gamma was also much quicker and jumped higher.

Also, you forgot fishing, while I understand the idea of breaking down the flow after playing as Sonic/Tails why couldn't they just leave it at Amy and Gamma being the pace breakers.

Now a days, I don't care for the alternate styls from the Adventures, BUT I can have some fun with them still (minus fishing of course)

The gimmick I vote for is the Werehog. I hate everything about it, and have since the game came out. I consider it the worst idea in the entire main series outside of boost to win and fishing, but the only reason I hate it more than fishing though is because I can be finished with Big the Cat level in 5 minutes, whereas the fucking Werehog levels can easily go on for 30-70 minutes.

The worst move is boost to win. Makes for an extremely shallow game.

SA2 has loads of stupid gimmicks.

The ones that spring to mind most are Sonic's Magic Hands and Knuckles' Sunglasses. The Magic Hands are just a curio item that have no real depth or use and the sunglasses are the kind of item that seem cool but you always forget to use them in gameplay. 

SA2 has loads of stupid gimmicks.

The ones that spring to mind most are Sonic's Magic Hands and Knuckles' Sunglasses. The Magic Hands are just a curio item that have no real depth or use and the sunglasses are the kind of item that seem cool but you always forget to use them in gameplay. 

Well, the magic hands can be used to kill gold beetles that you missed and don't have the time to jump on it. 

• 4 months later...

Well, seeing as this topic was already brough back from the grave, I'd might as well add in some thoughts from Lost World.

First of all, the Magenta Rhythm. What the hell is the purpose of it? It lets Sonic slowly and awkwardly cross a gap he could have otherwise tackled tackled on his own or with another Wisp. It's the slowest movement in the game. What were they thinking?

And another from SLW, the bloody kick attack. I'm all for Sonic stylishly attacking enemies in more ways than buzz-sawing them, but the kick frankly is rubbish. Until you try to attack an enemy, you simply don't know if it specifically requires kicking. But if you tet it wrong and use the HA, lol you lose all your rings. It also slows the player to a stop while the HA lets you keep moving. It should be scrapped.

Edited by Blue Blood

When I read the topic title, I thought it also included Gimmicks in-stage. If so, IT MUST BE THAT thing in Mushroom hill where are you do is press up or whatever, and that thing in Sandopolis where all you do is press A, I usually skip that. OH NO, I FORGOT TO MENTION ABOUT THAT STUPID LASER THING IN DEATH EGG ZONE (S&K). The reason I loathe it so much is that some of them are required, whilst others just waste your fricken time.

Move-wise, I would say werehog and the sword thingy, whatever it's called. Amy's hammer in Sonic Heroes gets a worthy (lol) mention.Just because a move is somewhat useless (somersault, magic hands), doesn't really make it bad in my opinion.

Edited by Doc

When I read the topic title, I thought it also included Gimmicks in-stage. If so, IT MUST BE THAT thing in Mushroom hill where are you do is press up or whatever, and that thing in Sandopolis where all you do is press A, I usually skip that. OH NO, I FORGOT TO MENTION ABOUT THAT STUPID LASER THING IN DEATH EGG ZONE (S&K). The reason I loathe it so much is that some of them are required, whilst others just waste your fricken time.

I agree completely on the pulley things in Mushroom Hill. I like the level a lot otherwise, which is what makes them so frustrating.

Speaking of level gimmicks, I never really liked the boarding in Sonic Adventure 2 all that much, in City Escape or Metal Harbor. I dunno, it just feels awkward. Once again though, I love those levels otherwise, so... >:U

Edited by ElementofChaos