Awoo.

The Official Sonic 4 Mods Topic

goku262002

Same as the Generations mods topic, Since Sonic 4 Episode 1 is now out on PC and Episode 2 is coming to PC, it's only a while until we can expect some mods for them to pop up as well. So here's the official thread dedicated to mods for Sonic 4 Episode 1/Episode 2, so post em here if you got any, or give ideas or suggestions about mods.

Yes CanofEpicSauce, I'm sooooo original. tongue.png

Edited by goku262002

So who's hacked perfect Genesis physics into it by now? biggrin.png

Don't think they would be that useful unless you also removed the speed boosters, etc.

Nothing yet. atm its allot of texture fiddling.

Saw this on Retro's S4E1 topic:

Notthatbad.png

Its from Twlightzoney over at Retro:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vc3yc3

Here you go, just place it in G_COM folder in the PLY Folder and make sure to back up your own copy of it. I just replaced the diffuse maps with the Sonic 4 Ipad textures since they are loads better for Sonic and got rid of the awful shader fx texture.

Its a start!

Also, lawlphyzicz:

Sorry, couldn't resist this. Just more file swapping. Unfortunately it didn't work the other way around.

2012-01-20_00015.jpg

EDIT: No success so far in replacing anyone but Motobug with Sonic.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 8

So......How to unpack and repack these .AMB files? That AMB tools doesn't seem to work with the files from the PC version..

So......How to unpack and repack these .AMB files? That AMB tools doesn't seem to work with the files from the PC version..

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Is there an image of the red Tails rocket on its own floating around? I'd love to have it for use in photoshops. Saves time cutting one out from a screengrab.

I have a tool to unpack them, but it's worthless without a way to repack them afterwards. I'll upload it for you in a sec.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found the original link at Retro.

Big thanks man.^^ Now if only there was a way to repack them... Wanna remove the HUD in order for the game to look more cinematic.

Don't think do. It's a model, not a sprite so you'll either need a screenshot of it in modelling software or you'll have to cut it out of a screen.

Also this

th_MotobugtheBadnik4.png

It works on the SEGA screen, but causes a crash when loading any level.

• Thumbs Up 8

Also this

th_MotobugtheBadnik4.png

For some strange reason this delivers so much! Edited by ArtFenix

Don't think do. It's a model, not a sprite so you'll either need a screenshot of it in modelling software or you'll have to cut it out of a screen.

Also this

th_MotobugtheBadnik4.png

• Thumbs Up 5

The Motobug hack would be cool, but not if the physics aren't the same as the original. :/

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 3

Download plz?

Hate to break it to you, but you registered on here just to request a download to something that doesn't exist. That's a modified screenshot.
  • Thumbs Up 6

Hate to break it to you, but you registered on here just to request a download to something that doesn't exist. That's a modified screenshot.

Your wrong good sir, I been registered on here for almost a month now. Just thought that there was a download from that screenshot. I mean if ppl were able to get the iPhone Sonic Model onto the PC, surely someone could create a classic Sonic model for Sonic 4, since that is like the most anticipated thing to have in Sonic 4

Your wrong good sir, I been registered on here for almost a month now. Just thought that there was a download from that screenshot. I mean if ppl were able to get the iPhone Sonic Model onto the PC, surely someone could create a classic Sonic model for Sonic 4, since that is like the most anticipated thing to have in Sonic 4

That was a texture swap, not a model swap. Big difference.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

So has no one changed the physics yet? I'd love to see videos of that.

Endri fixed them on the PartnerNET build ages ago. Not the uncurling issue, but the stopping dead when you let go of left/right thing. We need someone who doesn't get off on hoarding to come along and do it for the PC version.

Well still tongue.png Nobody really did anything to improve Sonic. They just C&P'd his texture files from the iPhone version to the PC version. The model was never changed.

EDIT: Model swapping should never be this much fun.

2012-01-21_00004.jpg

And I heard everyone loved the Lost Labyrinth background, so I decided to turn every ring into the Lost Labyrinth background! Enjoy.

2012-01-21_00017.jpg

Ugh... dear God I want to properly modify Sonic 4 so bad! I shall devote this week to doing something worthwhile with it.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 7

When I Install the Texture swap I am forced to run the game from the Steam Folder in my Programs to have it work. Is there a way to open the game in Steam and still have the textures changed?

Anyone got any hints on how to texture hack?

This will let you unpack any .AMB files in the game. The filenames that are like this; "x_TXD.AMB" contain textures (x_MDl.AMB are models, x_MTN.AMB are animations etc). The textures themselves are in .DDS format and you'll need a Photoshop plugin to open them. Currently we don't have a way to repack the files so you cant actually use them in-game yet.

Edited by Blue Blood