Awoo.

The Official Sonic 4 Mods Topic

goku262002

Hopefully this is the right place to ask this:

Is there anyway that I could get the higher resolution textures and/or the higher quality Sonic model from the iPad version to the iPod Touch version? I've downloaded the SON_TEX file from the first page of the topic and replaced the one on my iPod Touch with it, but when I start up the game it just crashes back to the SpringBoard.

Yes this is the correct topic but i'm unsure on how to fix your problem. hopefully someone here got it to work and can help you.

Sonic 4's Mods aren't going to be that exciting. Besides the physics and character models being modded, I don't see much reason for me too get back into Sonic 4. Episode 2 is where it will get interesting

Its funny because people are saying they won't play the PC version until its modded and classic perfected and yet no body isn't doing anything to mod Sonic 4. its like some weird loop!

HACKER PEOPLE, DO STUFF! DON'T CARE IF YOUR NOT INTERESTED JUST THROW US A DAMNED BONE...Please?...sad.png

[/rant]

Edited by goku262002

I have the PC version. I take back my previous statement. If modders do create mods. PLEASE! FIX THE DAMN LEVEL DESIGN! So many times it trolled me with unfair deaths. Then I might get back into the game again

Colour the Pigs green and the Birds red and you have yourself a cheep little crossover there.

• Thumbs Up 7

I just tried to replace Splash Hill Act 1's music with the music from generation's classic sonic green hill and when I tested it, nothing played but the SFX. And when I tried replacing just one of the sound effects, it disabled all of them. Df.

Edit: Basically I can't figure out how you get it to accept changes made in SONICDL_SNG01.CSB and SONICDL_SNG01.CPK...

Edited by deadmaster

...What have I done...

What the fuck did you do?

Edited by Eternal Spider

Has someone attempted to do a physics hack yet? is it possible to replicate genesis-style sonic physics?

I'm curious as to why no one hasn't yet or hasn't spoken up if they have.

Has someone attempted to do a physics hack yet? is it possible to replicate genesis-style sonic physics?

I'm curious as to why no one hasn't yet or hasn't spoken up if they have.

If I am not mistaken there is no hacks yet because almost everything in the game is stored in AMB files - we can unpack them but currently there is no way to pack them back in. So, no physics hacks until we have proper AMB tool. All we can do now is to simply swap models and textures.

Edited by Nik1895

Sneak Peak of a little something I'm working on, Sonic 4 Episode 1 iPad textures for the PC version.

In these comparison pictures, the first is the original PC version texture, the second is the iPad version texture with the PC version shiny effect, and the third is just the iPad version texture. Once I'm done with converting the iPad version textures so they can be used in the PC version, I'll share both textures packs here, a pack with the iPad textures + PC shiny effect and another pack with just the iPad textures.

Sonic comparison:

Sonic.jpg

Super Sonic comparison:

SuperSonic.jpg

Moto Bug comparison:

MotoBug.jpg

Edited by ezodagrom
  • Thumbs Up 5

Hey dude, how are you managing to do this? It's really cool, because presumably you're repacking textures and what not.

Hey dude, how are you managing to do this? It's really cool, because presumably you're repacking textures and what not.

After a bit of searching yesterday found that someone make a script for quickbms that allows to unpack and repack the PC version AMB files (also works for the iPad version):

quickbms - http://aluigi.org/quickbms.htm

script - http://aluigi.org/pa.../bms/sonic4.bms

I'm not sure about this, but it's likely that to repack the amb files, the filesize of the modified files have to be the same as the original filesize. I haven't really tried putting textures with bigger or smaller filesize though, so far I've always made it so the modified textures have the exact same size as the original.

Edited by ezodagrom

After a bit of searching yesterday found that someone make a script for quickbms that allows to unpack and repack the PC version AMB files (also works for the iPad version):

quickbms - http://aluigi.org/quickbms.htm

script - http://aluigi.org/pa.../bms/sonic4.bms

I'm not sure about this, but it's likely that to repack the amb files, the filesize of the modified files have to be the same as the original filesize. I haven't really tried putting textures with bigger or smaller filesize though, so far I've always made it so the modified textures have the exact same size as the original.

I've tried bigger and smaller files, it only accepts it if the file size is exactly the same.

If I am not mistaken there is no hacks yet because almost everything in the game is stored in AMB files - we can unpack them but currently there is no way to pack them back in. So, no physics hacks until we have proper AMB tool. All we can do now is to simply swap models and textures.

In these comparison pictures, the first is the original PC version texture, the second is the iPad version texture with the PC version shiny effect, and the third is just the iPad version texture. Once I'm done with converting the iPad version textures so they can be used in the PC version, I'll share both textures packs here, a pack with the iPad textures + PC shiny effect and another pack with just the iPad textures.

Sonic comparison:

Sonic.jpg

Thought so.

Yeah, that was with trying to replace music and sfx though. I can unpack amb files with the quickbms script, but for some reason repacking them isn't working...

Super Sonic comparison:

SuperSonic.jpg

I suggest that you keep the shine on Super Sonic, since he's traditionally shiny anyway.

Anywho, I lie in wait until Sonic is turned into Scourge and/or Shadow =P

Yeah, that was with trying to replace music and sfx though. I can unpack amb files with the quickbms script, but for some reason repacking them isn't working...

To repack you need to use the reimport shortcut, then select the script, select the AMB, and in the end select the file you want to reimport (if you want to repack multiple files, the tool will automatically reimport those other files as long as they're in the same folder as the one you selected).

About the textures, I've been trying a few things, I might do a 3rd pack, using the iPad version textures without the "shiny" effect (dunno what's the technical name for this, but that doesn't really matter), but I'm editing the textures to lower their brightness a bit.

Later today I'll post some pictures with the results.

Edited by ezodagrom
  • Thumbs Up 1