Awoo.

Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles XBLA coming this summer

Detective Shadzter

Lava Reef had a few, but I only ever found one in Sandopolis, and never in Flying Battery.

So yeah, S&K doesn't seem to be very abundant with rings, at least compared to S3. You better start memorizing those locations in Mushroom Hill.

I can find 2 in Flying Battery, that's normally where I get the last Super Emerald. There's one in the first Act in the wall to the left of the room with the springy animal prisons and there's one in the wall on the left of a room you enter flying out from running up one of those wide wirey tubes.

You'll be able to save with this Sonic & Knuckles. It is the Vintage collection and both Sonic 1 and 2 offered anywhere game saves you can reload.

Ah, that's true. Easily done, then, finding special rings required, but just save as you enter each one for infinate retries. Hell, that's easier than the S3&K method I used to get em all with ease.

I admit I half sealed my own fate. I haven't ever replayed S3&K without Super/Hyper Sonic since I unlocked him. I'm just too scared of the Death Egg Act 1 boss to play elsewhere than my completed file...

I almost bought Sonic 3 last night and then I remembered I have it on the disk already...

My question, are the original Genesis songs and sounds in the Live port? They replaced Knuckles theme in Sonic 3 on the Collection disk with his S&K version.

I want my Michael Jackson's "Come on!" when I see Knuckles, god damnit XD.

According to this: Hands-On Preview

The game is set to release sometime in August. So later this month. :)

Probably a couple of days/weeks after Shadow Complex is released.

Edited by 220

They replaced Knuckles theme in Sonic 3 on the Collection disk with his S&K version.

Knuckles actually had an entirely new theme for the S&KC version. Much like Ice Cap and Carnival Night got new tunes, and for the better I say.

Knuckles actually had an entirely new theme for the S&KC version. Much like Ice Cap and Carnival Night got new tunes, and for the better I say.

The songs were also changed for the PC version (the Sonic and Knuckles Collection for PC)

Don't forget the Launch Base Zone had a different tune as well.

I think the new songs were alot better than the old ones. I can't stand the classic Launch Base Zone music, it's really really annoying.

Here is the Launch Base Zone Act 1 music for the PC version of Sonic 3:

And Launch Base Zone Act 2:

I think it's better anyway.

Anyways, the release date for Sonic and Knuckles XBL is sometime in August, no exact date yet, but hey, we're close!

Edited by 220

I think the new songs were alot better than the old ones. I can't stand the classic Launch Base Zone music, it's really really annoying.

Here is the Launch Base Zone Act 1 music for the PC version of Sonic 3:

And Launch Base Zone Act 2:

I think it's better anyway.

:/

The act one tune sounds like a Pokemon track and Act 2 sounds like its trying too hard not to sound like Mario Kart level theme XD. Ice Cap also tries to sound like an average SNES platformer's jingle. Carnival Night Zone's PC version actually sounds nice, but I like the Genesis version just because the music makes the level much more intense and the level leaves more of an impact.

I'll take my Michael Jackson beats, thanks. But I guess its just music, so it honestly doesn't matter since the game play was more important... I really think its strange I prefer the Genesis tracks more though since I played the PC collection waaay before I had a Genesis.

I think it would be pretty cool if Sonic & Knuckles had Avatar Awards.

I'd love to have a Sonic shirt or Sonic prop. :D

Maybe it was delayed so they could add Avatar Awards?

Oh well as long as it's being released in August. Can't wait!

Edited by 220

I think it would be pretty cool if Sonic & Knuckles had Avatar Awards.

I'd love to have a Sonic shirt or Sonic prop. :D

Maybe it was delayed so they could add Avatar Awards?

Oh well as long as it's being released in August. Can't wait!

Sonic shoes! Knuckles Gloves! Robotnik Goggles!...Robotnik MUSTACHE!

Or maybe they could have a ring or Chaos Emerald to hold :o so many possibilities.

You sir, are a genius

Edited by ENVY16

Sonic shoes! Knuckles Gloves! Robotnik Goggles!...Robotnik MUSTACHE!

Or maybe they could have a ring or Chaos Emerald to hold :o so many possibilities.

You sir, are a genius

You're right, there are so many possibilities, hopefully Sega decides to release Sonic stuff for the Avatar Marketplace, I'd deck my avatar out with everything Sonic. :P

I do hope Sonic & Knuckles has avatar awards.

Edited by 220

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post but apparently, Sonic and Knuckles was supposed to be released for XBLA in August. Looks like it was pushed back to September, unless they release it this weekend/Monday. Hopefully later today, probably not though. :(

Sonic and Knuckles is coming to XBLA on September 9th. The Sonic the Hedgehog Facebook page updated a while ago. Although it's from the SEGA of America blog, still I assume it'll be released in the EU on the same date?

Sonic & Knuckles
Edited by TranslucentDuck

About damn time! I've been waiting to be able to destroy Sonic 3 & knux on my xbox for like....uhh a month.

Awesome.

September 9th, so next week, Wednesday to be exact.

Can't wait! :lol: I haven't played Sonic & Knuckles in years (yes I've skipped all of the collections) I'm so glad this is going to have "lock-on tech".

Edited by 220

Price confirmed

Major Nelson has updated his site to confirm the game is definitely being released this Wednesday and will cost just 400 MSP like the past 3 games :D

Link

• Thumbs Up 1

Not like anyone will care since everyone is attacking the Hell out of the needlemouse topic...SONIC AND KNUCKLES IS OUT NOW!

Let me know when the Wii VC version is released.

EDIT: have we always had the thumbs up/down feature? ..This is the one thing I liked better than starmen.net.

Well I guess there is something genuinely wrong with wanting to know when the Wii gets Sonic 3 and Knuckles huh?

Edited by Lando The Bat
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Congrats to my friend SonicBoom7, or Kyle as I call him, for getting the #1 spot on the Sonic & Knuckles leaderboards (#9 on Sonic 3 & Knuckles).

I'm so proud of him. ;3;

Edited by Rice Golem