Awoo.

First SOPA, then PIPA, and now ACTA!

Mota Landen

What the hell is our government trying to do to us? Do they just think "Oh well, SOPA failed! Let's try and get the same law passed only in a different form, and if it gets rejected, we'll keep doing it until people start getting tired of hearing about it!"?

Edited by Mota Landen

Yay, here we go again! Someone get Harrison Ford on the phone.

Edited by WhiteandNerdy-Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

No. We must all keep fighting. We need to drill it into the thick skulls of the worlds leaders that we do not want these bullshit bills to be made into laws. Whether they like it or not.

They know we don't want them. They just don't care.

They're doing anything and everything to keep our mouths shut, they want nothing bad mouthing them about anything and to have the internet within their grasp as Galactus would with the Earth.

In short, they want to control everything, slimy, greedy sons of bitches.

I'm pretty sure ACTA is old news - it's been on the table for years. It's just now that anyone is actually voting on it.

As much as I hate this, because of it's even more Earth-Shaking consequences, it will take more than some random joes off the internet to stop this. I just am not sure how it can be stopped.

So that's it? We can do nothing but wait?

I hate this. I really hope someone puts a stop to ACTA.

Edited by the ORIGINAL recolor

You know, I just noticed... It seems nobody knows that that the ACTA exists. Everyone's celebrating the death of SOPA and PIPA, but what's surprising me is that nobody seems to about ACTA.... I guess if we can do nothing about it, then what's the point of even bringing up awareness?

This is just madness. Even if ACTA gets taken down, there will be another one. And another. And yet another. These corporations, thanks to the Supreme Court, are now classified as "people," can do these extreme measures for the internet to get shut down and for us to go back to the 20th century model of buying overpriced physical media. To hell with them and anything that will censor the rights of human beings.

There is still time for the European Union to not sign the ACTA treaty and leave it be. Time's running out though. For the Americans, the Japanese, the Canadians, the Australians... (I can go on but I'll stop there) it's too late. Three months late. It was signed behind our backs and we were distracted by the SOPA/PIPA nonsense.

The closing date for the rest of the countries (which includes the EU) to sign the ACTA is March 31st, 2013.

Edited by Spice on the Starlight
  • Thumbs Up 1

This seems rather like a pointless topic to have with the SOPA thread still in full effect and the fact that other bills are being discussed there, so feel free to continue the discussion

Locked.