Awoo.

Games many people love that you hate

Solid SOAP

You may want to call a lynch mob, because what I'm about to say you will NOT like...

super-mario-galaxy-box-art.jpg

There's a lot about this game that really annoy me. The game is extremely linear. Now, linearity itself isn't a bad thing but the way the game does it annoys me. The general flow of most levels go like this: 1. Land on planetoid 2. Kill all the enemies/find all the pieces of something to make launch star appear 3. Take launch star to next planetoid, rinse and repeat.

Now there are some open levels like Gold Leaf Galaxy, but most of the stages consist of floating pieces over a void.

Like I said before, lynch away.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll join the GTA hate wagon.

Everytime I went to school I kept hearing about how great GTA is and how hardcore it is. But I'd say its not really my kind of game. I suppose its fun and all to go do crimes and shoot people but the only thing I like doing in the game is cruising around on a motorcycle. That's about it.

I did call someone out on shooting a nurse on GTA4 as a funny act.

Also I know someone is going hate me for this but I actucally can't stand Bayonetta. Surely he has a good reason for this so why you may tell yourself. The main reason is that games with obvious fanservice really don't score too high on me, not that I did like the fanservice the game had, which it didn't btw. And I liked Bayonetta when it was called Devil May Cry and God of War. But that's just me.

Well that's another thing though, all the story happens in the spin-off media, so in terms of liking the universe and characters there's actually not much I'm missing out on by not playing. D=

Ehh, I think playing the boss battles and seeing the characters in action, and hearing their specific quotes and voice clips is a part of the universe best experienced in the game. It's also cool to see first hand how the spin-off media affects the games.

I know it's a fun game and I get enjoyment out of simply reading about the maps etc, but yeah. According to Steam I put over 11 hours into it total which, probably doesn't feel like much compared to the playtime of most people, but I think 11 hours is a pretty solid amount of time to be able to judge whether you want to keep playing a game.

...That and I don't have the hard drive space to reinstall it anyway. D= Lol.

Well, I tried. tongue.png

I wasn't going to mention anything, but I didn't want someone to stop playing just because they thought they sucked. But if the game's just not for you, then it's not for you.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Out of all the old Sonic games for the Genesis, this one's my least favorite. Some of the level designs are horrible, the special stage isn't as good as the previous ones, and I never enjoyed playing as Knuckles. I don't actually hate this game. I just don't find it that enjoyable.

The whole fucking GTA series. I personally hate it with a passion and still can not figure out why it has so much love. Yes GTA 3 til 4 were large games with tons of stuff to do but I found myself getting bored less than 30mins in.

Another major one which many of you already know about is COD series. I fucking hate it. MW til MW3 were just the same damn game with the same damn physics and with a very small graphical difference. After playing MW2 then seeing all of the other games, I instantly knew this series is doing nothing but milking the world for money. I don't get how sooo many people can not see that MW2 and 3 were basically DLC for MW. Was it that hard to notice? Like damn. At least Halo changed in every game. It may not be with the weapons they used, but graphically every game advanced some. Hell Reach still looks better than most multiplatform shooters.

• Thumbs Up 1

You may want to call a lynch mob, because what I'm about to say you will NOT like...

There's a lot about this game that really annoy me. The game is extremely linear. Now, linearity itself isn't a bad thing but the way the game does it annoys me. The general flow of most levels go like this: 1. Land on planetoid 2. Kill all the enemies/find all the pieces of something to make launch star appear 3. Take launch star to next planetoid, rinse and repeat.

Now there are some open levels like Gold Leaf Galaxy, but most of the stages consist of floating pieces over a void.

Like I said before, lynch away.

It's a shame but I can see where you're coming from. It's only really the spherical planetoids that are guilty of collectathon antics to make sure you explore all over, because then you get really nice planetoids like that one in Dreadnaught Galaxy where you have to flood the planetoid and then navigate to the top of the central tower by finding your way up. Not enough of those.

Did you try Galaxy 2? It's even more linear but did have a lot less of that kind of enforced arsing around on planets just to make sure you explored the whole thing.

Edited by JezMM

It's a shame but I can see where you're coming from. It's only really the spherical planetoids that are guilty of collectathon antics to make sure you explore all over, because then you get really nice planetoids like that one in Dreadnaught Galaxy where you have to flood the planetoid and then navigate to the top of the central tower by finding your way up. Not enough of those.

Did you try Galaxy 2? It's even more linear but did have a lot less of that kind of enforced arsing around on planets just to make sure you explored the whole thing.

Yeah, I don't get it either. It takes a lot for me not to be able to muster up the will to finish such an easy game. It might be more fun on co-op, but then so is every platformer that includes it with the possible exception of NSMB Wii.