Awoo.

King Frosty

*pokes topic awake* Yo~ I finally played it. Had to use a emulator I'd feel better if I could play it on my GBA. So who wants to give me their copy for free?? *cough* But anyway~~~

I like alot actually. :3 I'd love it more if the jumping wasn't so messed up, and everyone wasn't so slippery, like seriously what the hell was DImps on with they made the physics for Advance 3. After making them so perfect in the first two Advances how did they screw three's up? O_o

Yeah if you ask me I have to say, the physics ruin the game. I haven't played past Sunset Hill but I like how the levels are going so far. I do like Tails as a partner~. He's ever so useful. X3

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Ha, I have no idea why im doing this.

I just watched Clement's playthrough (who didn't really like the game either) so I can get the full grasp of why Advance is incredibly hated.

And truth be told.....I still don't see it, at least not to the extent others are.

Some of the level designs are kinda shit (Chaos Angel Act 3) while others are kinda interesting and fun (Most of Twinkle Snow), the music is undoubtedly the best of the Advance series and while the Team Gameplay falls flat in some areas, I actually find some of the many, many combinations to be quite interesting. I always thought that the Team Gameplay mechanic in Sonic games could be incredibly fun if done well, and this game at least shows some hope of that.

• Thumbs Up 2

You really have to play it to really get a grasp of how loose the controls are, and how bland, featureless and convulted the level design is.

The team mechanic, while not poorly implemented, was just 'there' and wasn't used in any interesting or engaging way.

• Thumbs Up 1

You really have to play it to really get a grasp of how loose the controls are, and how bland, featureless and convulted the level design is.

The team mechanic, while not poorly implemented, was just 'there' and wasn't used in any interesting or engaging way.

It was probably the most boring I had with a Sonic game, I finished it more on principal than actual enjoyment.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, after having beaten it again the other day, I can safely say that it's a pretty okay game. I honestly want to like it more, but the team gameplay and overall level design are pretty flawed for the most part. The final battles and the true ending were pretty awesome, though; it's a shame that Gemerl basically got thrown into the trashbin with the other scrapped characters.

This thread brings back memories of trying to mimic stuff like this.

As usual, leave it to speedrunners to get the most out of a Sonic mechanic. Tag feature works like a dream there.

• Thumbs Up 1