Awoo.

What do you see in the future of Sonic?

Ever since the "dark ages" that Sonic has been through, from 2005-2009, starting with Shadow The Hedgehog, and considered by most to end with Sonic and The Black Knight, the hedgehog we all know and love has finally been getting back up on his feet with games, such as Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations which have caused many fans of the franchise to regain trust in Sonic. Up to this point, Sonic has been also getting a small resurge of popularity, as recently, he was in a Progressive commercial.

What do you see in Sonic's future? What do you expect? What do you want to happen?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic has a really bright future ahead of him. Following the disaster of Next-Gen, the series has cleaned up really well with greatly improved gameplay. Unleashed was a huge step in the right direction despite the controversy surrounding the Werehog. We've only seen bigger improvements since then with the platforming becoming just as important as the speed-based gameplay itself. Generations honed it in even further with the Modern gameplay.

Usually, games like Next-Gen would result in the franchise being in a heap of trouble because of its horrible reception. But the series has really stepped up in quality, and I expect that to continue in the future.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone can already guess at this point what's going to happen...they're keeping Modern Sonic's gameplay and they're gonna juice it to death, I didn't want to accept this but it's the logical conclusion. That style of gameplay is considered to be the most appropriate, and so they'll just keep using and improving it...things are gonna get a little boring from now considering this is true, the only 'bad' game Sonic's had imo is 06, and even then I managed to enjoy it, I liked Sonic as a series since it always managed to change its gameplay and still make it fun, now that it's gonna be monotonal I probably will find myself renting games rather than buying them...this is the reason I stop playing some series after a while, I can't really play with the same formula over and over regardless of how good it may be, but if they're gonna fix anything let it be the controls, they make exploring stages a total pain, they are too slippery and I'm sure many people feel this way. But for people who are used to one style of gameplay all the time should be celebrating...this is just my personal view.

I see a speedy blue hedgehog chasing after a fat man shaped like a hard-boiled egg.

• Thumbs Up 9

Sonic has a really bright future ahead of him. Following the disaster of Next-Gen, the series has cleaned up really well with greatly improved gameplay. Unleashed was a huge step in the right direction despite the controversy surrounding the Werehog. We've only seen bigger improvements since then with the platforming becoming just as important as the speed-based gameplay itself. Generations honed it in even further with the Modern gameplay.

Usually, games like Next-Gen would result in the franchise being in a heap of trouble because of its horrible reception. But the series has really stepped up in quality, and I expect that to continue in the future.

You hit the nail in the coffin.

Here's how most people put it. Sonic Heroes was a small bruise, Shadow The Hedgehog was a cut, Sonic '06 was when the cut got a raging infection. Sonic Unleashed was the antibiotic, Sonic Colors was the bandaid, and Sonic Generations was when the injury was finally healed.

The thing I disagree with is the fact that I like Sonic '06. >_>

Rolling

sonicrollinnhatin.jpg
  • Thumbs Up 4

Rings

Lots and lots of Rings

Sonic has probably trillions of rings by now.

Rings

Lots and lots of Rings

Btw, is it okay if I can use the picture that's in your sig?

I see him......Making......corny unfunny jokes at eggman. I also see him........Running. Yes running free and wild.(Except for the enemies he runs into.) I also see him walking on walls again soon. This is the way the sonic world ends.

Rolling

I sure hope so...

*giant picture*

Dude, either use smaller pictures, or put them in spoiler tags, no offense.

I gotta admit though, that was pretty clever...

I sure hope so...

Dude, either use smaller pictures, or put them in spoiler tags, no offense.

I gotta admit though, that was pretty clever...

Sorry about that, I could change it to a smaller picture if you like.

Sorry about that, I could change it to a smaller picture if you like.

Wow this is already really off topic.

I don't care too much, but you should keep bandwidth in mind...

Okay. Back on Topic:

I'm hoping they fix the physics, and make them as close to the classic Genesis physics as they can. Another thing, I am hoping the multiple playable characters return to the main story some time soon...

How the hell does the "dark ages" of Sonic games start with a game that's not even about him? I don't really consider "Shadow the Hedgehog" a Sonic game. To me the years 2006-2008 were the dark ages, things started to look up when Unleashed was introduced and it's only going to get better and better :)

Oh i also see sega trollin us WAAAAYYY more than they have been. I mean you though the goal post was all?PFFFFFTT! Just wait. and it will be led by this man!tumblr_lwzcvqvGOH1qdtw9eo1_400.png

• Thumbs Up 5

How the hell does the "dark ages" of Sonic games start with a game that's not even about him? I don't really consider "Shadow the Hedgehog" a Sonic game. To me the years 2006-2008 were the dark ages, things started to look up when Unleashed was introduced and it's only going to get better and better smile.png

Actually, it's part of the Sonic series, and it considered to be canon with the main games. Therefore, it is a Sonic game. But w/e.

Oh i also see sega trollin us WAAAAYYY more than they have been. I mean you though the goal post was all?PFFFFFTT! Just wait. and it will be led by this man!tumblr_lwzcvqvGOH1qdtw9eo1_400.png

Tails sideburns. <3

How the hell does the "dark ages" of Sonic games start with a game that's not even about him?

Because it created a Shadow that no one wanted.

• Thumbs Up 4

I see good in the future of Sonic! I feel we have reached an awesome level of quality with Generations, and hopefully it can keep improving! Myself, I hope they mix the speed, rush and cinematic flair of the Modern gameplay, with the rolling and depth of the classics. I would also love for the game to be fully 3d and for them to ditch the 2d sections, but I will not complain (well, maybe a tiny bit) if they are there, because 2d gameplay is good too. Also, I'd love for a bigger focus on story and more of Sonic's friends to come back. But it will probably be awesome either way!

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ever since the "dark ages" that Sonic has been through, from 2005-2009, starting with Shadow The Hedgehog, and considered by most to end with Sonic and The Black Knight, the hedgehog we all know and love has finally been getting back up on his feet with games, such as Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations which have caused many fans of the franchise to regain trust in Sonic. Up to this point, Sonic has been also getting a small resurge of popularity, as recently, he was in a Progressive commercial.

What do you see in Sonic's future? What do you expect? What do you want to happen?