Awoo.

What do you see in the future of Sonic?

How the hell does the "dark ages" of Sonic games start with a game that's not even about him? I don't really consider "Shadow the Hedgehog" a Sonic game. To me the years 2006-2008 were the dark ages, things started to look up when Unleashed was introduced and it's only going to get better and better smile.png

It's part of the Sonic series, that's why.

I'd like Sonic Team to refine the Modern gameplay style further, untill hopefully we'll see a new Sonic game that's better than S3&K.Tails and Knuckles returning as playable, and level specific gimmicks, as opposed to things like Wisps or the Werehog. I couldn't care less about classic physics, but I think it would be funny if the slide had perfect Mega Drive rolling physics.

What I hope is that they can finish Sonic '06. biggrin.png

I know there are people who'd like that, but that won't happen. Next-Gen's impressions are so poor among the majority of the fanbase, and Sega doesn't really have the luxury to go back and clean up the mess.

There are some exceptions, but only when the games have a huge popularity, such as the main series Classic games and Adventure.

I know there are people who'd like that, but that won't happen. Next-Gen's impressions are so poor among the majority of the fanbase, and Sega doesn't really have the luxury to go back and clean up the mess.

There are some exceptions, but only when the games have a huge popularity, such as the main series Classic games and Adventure.

True.. D:

tgs_sonic3_32.png

Just kidding.

OH LARD WHAT IS THAT THING.

I see lots of complaining, hardships, and a lot of unpleasantness......the road will be tough, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Well I see a good future too, especially if they continue on improving from game to game. And they will most probably keep with the modern formula, because since unleashed forward Sega as been playing safe, not just with sonic, but with a lot of other games too.

The sequels to the Olympic games and Yakuza are good examples, seems like Sega is just releasing games that almost certain will profit. Not Saying that is a bad thing, but I miss some of the edginess that old Sega had, the one that brought us jet set radio, space channel 5, shenmue, and a lot other cool games that had that Sega feeling, the feeling you have when you start playing the game and you think "this is most almost certain from Sega".

That's why I think sonic is the perfect mascot for Sega they both have a edginess, but not so much lately. What sonic gain on attitude, Sega lost.

But that's just me, I still like the direction the franchise is taken, but Sega can't play safe forever.

I have this feeling sonic is going to be in alot of spin - off games with mario, other than olympics, london party mode in the london 2012 olympics seemed  like a hint to me. They might have some type of party game. People ask for a full out adventure from the two mascots, but it wouldn't make sense. I have this feeling sonic starring in a mario spin - off game.

Edited by jordine

We're sadly probably going to get more Sonic only games and Sega will continue to make Sonic games that have levels that switching between 2-D and 3-D.

Edited by Rima Touya

Loop de loops as far as the eye can see.

Not to mention the earth being put in peril a million more times and a certain 3 foot tall hedgehog enjoying himself as he saves it each and every time.

We're sadly probably going to get more Sonic only games and Sega will continue to make Sonic games that have levels that switching between 2-D and 3-D.

I want to see a fully 3D Sonic game. No more 2D crap. The 2D stuff should only belong in Sonic 4 for the time being.
  • Thumbs Up 4

tgs_sonic3_32.png

Just kidding.

KidVid.jpg

Kid Vid did it better.

OMG I wish Burger King would bring back the Kids Ckub.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's funny how people always complain about 2D fans being uncompromising and filled with a sense of self-entitlement when, it seems to me, 3D fans are the ones who feel that their prefered gameplay should have a sort of "obvious" standing as either the only or at least by far the most prominent gameplay style in the series main games. Honestly, just ponder this for a second:

Let's say that Sega announces that the next main series Sonic game is going to be all 3D. What would happen? I suspect that while a few retro-extremists would complain, all things considered, it wouldn't make much of a fuss.

But then let's say that Sega announces that the next main series Sonic game is going to be all 2D. What would happen? I think we all realize that all hell would break loose among the fanbase, and that's regardless of whether it looks like it's going to be a good 2D game or not.

Most 2D fans seem to be okay with 2D gameplay being confined to spin-off's (such the Rush series, Sonic 4, ect), but i highly doubt that most 3D fans would ever be okay with 3D gameplay being used only or almost only in spin-off's (such as the storybook games).

Edited by batson

If recent games have given us any indication, it seems like the next step for Sonic will be the re-addition of Tails as a playable character. Though it's kind of depressing to think it's taken this long to refine and perfect Sonic's controls, abilities, and gameplay - to the detriment of other playable characters - I think Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations have finally nailed the template for the modern Sonic game, so it's time to re-introduce other characters to give some variety.

Personally, I am hoping for another Sonic game where Sonic plays exactly like Modern Sonic in Sonic Generations in 3D sections, and a bit more like Classic in 2D sections, with Tails as an additional character. Sonic's abilities should be shared with Tails to create some diversity; for instance, Sonic should roll , bounce (ala Sonic Adventure 2) and spindash, while his sliding, stomping, and crawling is taken up by Tails - there's no reason for Sonic not to ball up at every opportunity, and it makes more sense for the spine-less Tails to use his feet and/or tails to attack, and de-powers Sonic. The only way new characters can be unique in the games is to strip Sonic of some of his abilities, and sharing them out to his friends seems the best way to do that. Ideally, I'd like to see a limited two-player co-op function like Sonic 3 where a second player, or CPU, can control Tails to carry Sonic over distances and obstacles, and a seperate two-player race, battle, collect mode, and the return of on-rails Tornado chase sections (with Sonic on the damn wings for a change!)

I wouldn't expect Knuckles to re-appear in a playable role, though I would love to see him at least appear as a non-playable character like Amy in Sonic Unleashed, as I'm fairly certain the next step will be able re-introducing Tails to the gameplay. I've like to see a better, more Sonic Colours-ified Super Sonic implemented and an epic boss battle that makes up for Sonic Generations lame ending.

More colourful, memorable zones.

More uniquely designed yet undeniably dangerous robots.

More memes. Usually from Robotnik, sometimes from others. But mostly from Robotnik.

More unsatisfied fans.

More fantastic music.

But above all else... more fun.

A bit off topic, but I really don't like how over complicated that human design is.
Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 4

More colourful, memorable zones.

More uniquely designed yet undeniably dangerous robots.

More memes. Usually from Robotnik, sometimes from others. But mostly from Robotnik.

More unsatisfied fans.

More fantastic music.

But above all else... more fun.

That's the same (one of many) problem(s) I have with fancharacter designs. They end up looking... tacky.

HA HA HA HA HA.

Yeah that's right. We're the ones who should be patting ourselves. The ones that go on and on and on and on and on about the most trivial and mundane of things and make countless petitions about backfiring boycotting and Sonic Adventure 3 threads and caring too much about couples and relationships and elitist groups and arguements over voices and names and being hypocritical about almost everything on a regular basis, all with the insulting tone of "This is how SEGA SHOULD have done it!"... yeah, we're the top dogs. /angst

...I'm sorry. I know you and others here aren't the ones at fault, but that specific type of line strikes a nerve with me. SEGA may not be perfect, but they have to go through so much shit... and then go through the exact opposite shit because the fans suddenly changed their mind when things turned out to be not how they wanted. There's fanbases, and there's the Sonic fanbase.

More rather boorish games based on this same shallow concept, no I don't care about how many rectangles or spots where you had to go slightly sideways there were in SSZ.