Awoo.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Winston

I love the TMNT, and I would like to see a TMNT game made by Rocksteady. Does this mean that this is going to be based on the 80's series, or the Mirage Comics, and adding Bebop and Rocksteady. Hopefully, Krang would be there too. :)

(Major Bump) Well guys, apparently a new TMNT game is being made, but not by Rocksteady....

http://www.gamespot....ivision-6350649

Not to worry though...there can be two, right?

Hey Activision so far has had a good track record with licensed games, giving both Transformers and Spidey to great developers, hell beforehand most of their Marvel games like the Ultimate Alliance series have kicked ass. So no need to worry yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

It appears to be based off the Nickelodeon version, which we don't know much about yet. What I do know is that Nickelodeon sponsors the IDW TMNT, which has Kevin Eastman as one of its writers and uses characters from the original TMNT cartoon, original creations, and ones from the more mature comic Turtles and 2003 (the major villains right now are General Krang, comics/2003 version Baxter Stockman, and an original mutated cat character called Old Hob). It's really good!

Edited by Crow T. Robot

I don't know if it means it based off the cartoon just because a picture from it is there. The poster has stuff on other things, too. It mentions IDW, too, which isn't based off of the cartoon. I'd say it's to early to say that.

Hey Activision so far has had a good track record with licensed games, giving both Transformers and Spidey to great developers, hell beforehand most of their Marvel games like the Ultimate Alliance series have kicked ass. So no need to worry yet.

I didn't really say it was bad because Activision was making it, I was just looking forward to a Rocksteady game. I'll get it anyways, though, I love those ninja turtles.

I knew it was too good to be true. Anything from PGN is a bunch of bull.

I knew it was too good to be true. Anything from PGN is a bunch of bull.

Well, we are getting a TMNT game...just not by Rocksteady.

Well, we are getting a TMNT game...just not by Rocksteady.

Yeah, which is not what PGN said. They said a TMNT game will be developed by Rocksteady which caught many people's attention (including us) and more hits for their website. Who cares if it's developed by Activision?

First Sony's Title Fight and now this.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Well, apparently this is the TMNT game that was rumored all along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbIjCxilbKU

Doesn't look  too bad, but why did they tie it to the show yet none of the designs look anything like the characters from the show...

Edited by Big Boss

I really dislike their designs, but hey, I haven't liked any TMNT redesign after the 80's ones.

BuVU4Dh.png

Looks like they are going with a 3D Beat' em Up, I wonder who will make an appearance. I still want my modern Bebop and Rocksteady.

Foreshadowing to the Micheal Bay movie, anyone?

Yeah, I know it has the Nick logo on it, but that's because Nick owns the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I really don't like the models they look gross and the gameplay looks kinda lame. 

Wait, so this is a game that is marketed towards kids, yet it has a pegi rating the same as Darksiders 2 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare?

What the shit kind of paradox is that? I know some people ignore these ratings, but when your fucking target demographic is too young for the pegi rating something has gone horribly wrong!

Anyway, game looks as generic as I expected.

I imagine they'll be using the voice cast from the show for this. Though that'll be as unfitting as using the 4kids cast for Re-shelled remake.

EDIT: Inb4 caring about voice-acting in a video game. ph34r.png

Edited by DarkLight

WHY!?

The new show is so good, I was expecting at least a decent game based on it, but no....Oh Activision you keep disappointing me.dry.png

For a downloadable game it looks rather cool, the faces look odd tho, i'm okay with comic style gritty turtles otherwise.

i'm pretty sure it's not meant to be a game based on the new cartoon, nick just owns the entire TMNT franchise, but activison is just making this style game instead, kind of like activision also have Transformers, and make both the Cybertron games but also made the Prime game based on show.

This game looks... interesting? I absolutely love me some Ninja Turtles and it'd be great to have a genuinely good new game based on them - heck knows there's loads of potential for awesome beat 'em up action - but I'm going to stay cautious until we get some actual impressions.

It's nice to see a slightly grittier approach being taken to the series though. As much as I love the cartoony Turtles, you've gotta love their badass dark side as well.

As far as just the general gameplay goes, I simply haven't seen enough. This looks like it might be okay, but at the end of the day it's a download-only licensed game with the Nickelodeon logo on it. Games like this don't have good track records, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I just can't get over those terrible designs though.