Awoo.

New Crush 40 Songs?

DarkLight

Jun Senoue just tweeted the scripts for three new songs and and one called 'Sonic Youth' has some familiar lyrics if you at the bottom...

501932444.jpg?Expires=1327427208&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=Lw7CoN7MJbKqTwtfDhUnj2NhQLrwYBb8nEI7lYADIPaJmiYTAFH4~4ugp10EJ9kKmx9dvUbd43OoDCgQFoBnLQkqYICYCoDzOlnZL5rcUw6ePGRW4UY7IPti~Ruas-RIUrvHdTHzlYFJw5OatoQSTIZJT9tCVNsQmqF~suhOLsY_

I can't decide whether or not these are going to be game songs or just tracks for the band as a band. Honestly, i'm ecstatic either way- we either get more Crush 40 in the next game, hopefully a new main theme, or we get normal songs from Crush 40, which means more rock to listen to anyway. Either way, i'm game.

Edited by Nitwit_Speed
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think they're just tracks for the band, and a nice nod to Sonic at the same time. I don't think they'd be allowed to tease a new game like that.

"Sonic Youth" sounds like it should have been the Generations theme.

I wonder what the rest of the song is like.

I've opened my heart

I've lived and learned

I've shown you what I'm made of?

I've opened my heart

I've lived and learned

I've shown you what I'm made of?

Congratulations. You're the 100th person to say that. God I'm getting sick of that comment. Not your fault if you haven't noticed everyone else and their extended family saying it though.

What's worst is that that probably will be the actual next lyric, so by the time the song comes out there will be over two hundred people who all say "LOL I GUSSED IT FIST!"

Lyrics aside, really looking forward to these songs. I'm guessing they will be for the Crush 40 "2" album that has been in the works for years now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Congratulations. You're the 100th person to say that. God I'm getting sick of that comment. Not your fault if you haven't noticed everyone else and their extended family saying it though.

What's worst is that that probably will be the actual next lyric, so by the time the song comes out there will be over two hundred people who all say "LOL I GUSSED IT FIST!"

Good lord calm down, it's just an assumption as to what the next lyric is. :I

Also I'm looking forward to hearing some new tracks by them. Loved the first "Crush 40" album.

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 5

Erm....sorry?

And SA3 appeared in comments section 9 minutes after news post. Expected that.

Can you really blame them this time, though? It's Crush 40. The song has "Sonic" in the title.

I wouldn't exactly be shocked if these were for a new Sonic game. And since the first two lines from "Sonic Youth" are direct references to the main themes of SA and SA2, it's really not that ridiculous to at least acknowledge the possibility of Sonic Adventure 3.

Edited by Spooky Mulder

Hoping at least one of them will make it into a future game. And i have even more hope that they'll make it on iTunes.

It sounds more like a tribute song than it does a theme for "SA3". In fact as many have pointed out it would do better to be Generations' theme. People start spewing SA3 around the shop because of some delusion that such an entry in the franchise would be significant.

• Thumbs Up 4

Can you really blame them this time, though? It's Crush 40. The song has "Sonic" in the title.

Sonic Heroes. Shadow the Hedgehog. Sonic and the Black Knight. Three games with Crush 40 that aren't either of the Adventures.

Ergo, yes, we can just chalk it up to typical fan-delusional nonsense.

With regards to Sonic Youth, Megadeth already did a song in a similar vein called Victory. Its one of my favorites from the Youthanasia album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eF_9vwa4i8

Here are lyrics to the two verses, with song titles bolded.

Now, one day I started telling everyone that, Killing Is My Business.. and I was hung like a Martyr

For Looking Down The Cross my Skull Beneath The Skin, Prophesied Last Rites/Loved To Death my friends

Then I started seeing Bad Omens in my head, Good Mourning/Black Friday will I Wake up Dead?

If I Ain't Superstitious then this won't mean a thing, But some crazy shit has happened since The Conjuring

Came Anarchy to Set The World Afire, Pain of Hook In Mouth, In My Darkest Hour

Corruption of the world Peace Sells...But Nobody's Buying, Ignorant religion Holy Wars and the dying, yeah

Tornado nearly got me by the Skin of My Teeth, This Was My Life, Forclosure of My Dreams

May the past Rust in Peace in Hangar 18, and Countdown to Extinction just be a bad dream

Lucretia said...

So lyrically, I ain't bothered. Hell, Crush 40 have always been cheesy. Personally, I'm quite looking forward to new Crush 40 riffage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I managed to decypher the lyrics of the first songs through the paper via image enhancement. It's near impossible to see due to resolution and shadows, but I managed to get the following:

Rising Again

VI

When you're finding(not sure about this one...) ___ your all bu(t?)....

Remember, this you are rec(?)....

When you bite off more than you can che(w).....

And at the end of your.....

One of Those Days

V1

I'm in a state of confusion....

I'm spinning, round and (round)....

I tripped and (fell?)....

E-Sec

...like I'm......

...and that's it. Thoughts?

Erm....sorry?

I wouldn't exactly be shocked if these were for a new Sonic game. And since the first two lines from "Sonic Youth" are direct references to the main themes of SA and SA2, it's really not that ridiculous to at least acknowledge the possibility of Sonic Adventure 3.

I wouldnt be surprised either. About SA3, It was my dream. I mean sequel to my favourite Sonic game using my favourite Sonic formula and other playables but I am tired of waiting and of flamewars about SA3. Its just ugh...

And yeah I want MOAR Crush 40 in mah Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that if SA3 was going to happen, it would have happened while the Adventure style was in use, I don't see Sonic Team abandoning a gameplay style that many people like and could easily become the best Sonic gameplay style with more fine tuning and work for something they haven't touched in years.

That's not to say it won't happen, but I doubt it.

I'm really looking forward to their new songs I hope they will be involved with the music again in future Sonic games it's been so long since SATBK which had a brilliant soundtrack IMO their best work along with SA2 OST

Is it just me, or is the image broken now? When I try to look at it directly, I get access denied.

I got that when I right clicked to view the image but I just clicked it now and it just keeps buffering, the picture isn't loading properly for me either :/

Crush 40's music is awesome, in my opinion, so I'm always looking forward to new stuff by them. I'm curious to see what these songs are going to sound like and where exactly they'll be going. A new album? (Hopefully) Or maybe they're for some other Sonic game? I suppose only time will tell.

Either way, I'll be happy to listen to them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty excited to here these new songs! Wether they are in a game or not, I don't care...

Also it'd be pretty cool if "Sonic Youth" turned out to be a song planned for Generations, but was unfinished.

• 1 month later...

Preview of all three songs!

Those Sonic references in Sonic Youth!

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 7

Sonic Youth: Theme for next Sonic game plz?

Edited by Chaos Warp

It goes to show how much their songs sound the same when you can't tell when the song switches.

• Thumbs Up 1

Preview of all three songs!

I have to admit, I've felt like Crush40 haven't been on top of their game in the past few years, nothing could be up there with OYH, L&L and WIMO but Sonic Youth and One of These Days sound like they might be my favourite songs from them in quite a while now. It makes me miss the days when Crush40 took the leading role for the games. I'd love to hear Sonic Youth appear in a game, especially with the series supposedly entering a whole new era now, this song is excellently themed.

Looking forward to the iTunes release!

Edited by ENVY
  • Thumbs Up 1

^^Funny, because I could tell just fine.

Also, that felling when What I'm Made Of isn't mentioned and everyone was wrong.

Edited by Groosenator032
  • Thumbs Up 3

Awesome! Say, isn't Crush 40 meant to have a gig some time in March when they play these songs? We don't have much of March left...