Awoo.

New Crush 40 Songs?

DarkLight

Preview of all three songs!

Those Sonic references in Sonic Youth!

Neat! Cent wait till the full versions come out. Btw, "I've opened my heart and I've lived and learned"? Could this mean that Sega could be making- Nah maybe I'm just over thinking things.

Awesome. I love how Sonic Youth's done, but the other two seem a bit generic from the snippets we got. I love how the tracks were mixed together.

Edited by Mr. Awesomest
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just can't help but think that Sonic Youth should have been the theme for Sonic Generations but maybe that's just me. But yeah can't wait for the songs to come out.

• Thumbs Up 4

All those will be featured in an EP.

Senoue said so. Sorry if it's been posted already. :U So yay, new Crush 40 album!

It goes to show how much their songs sound the same when you can't tell when the song switches.

They sound pretty different, they've just been mixed together properly, rather than just randomly stuck together.

• Thumbs Up 5

They really don't. The melody changes a bit, but other than that they sound the same.

Usual quality stuff I expect from Crush 40. Looking forward to hearing them in full.

Lovin' those Sonic youth lyrics. It's like Crush 40 Generations right there.

• Thumbs Up 1

They really don't. The melody changes a bit, but other than that they sound the same.

That doesn't really make sense. If the melody changes, they can't sound the same.....Unless of course you're referring to the sound of the guitar, percussion and bass, in which case, that's really to be expected considering Jun is using a guitar, and probably the same bassist and drummer.

Beyond the melody, the tempo's of each song, not to mention the chord progression and the actual beat are very different. Its just a very well beat-matched medley of those three songs.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 2

Now don't you worry~

It's a neverending story~

Gave me chills man!cool.png

Can't wait to hear the full thing.biggrin.png

That doesn't really make sense. If the melody changes, they can't sound the same.....Unless of course you're referring to the sound of the guitar, percussion and bass, in which case, that's really to be expected considering Jun is using a guitar, and probably the same bassist and drummer.

Beyond the melody, the tempo's of each song, not to mention the chord progression and the actual beat are very different. Its just a very well beat-matched medley of those three songs.

I said a bit. But I meant both. To me the songs sound the same. I didn't even notice it was different songs until I came into the thread. They just sound like different parts of a single song.

I said a bit. But I meant both. To me the songs sound the same. I didn't even notice it was different songs until I came into the thread. They just sound like different parts of a single song.

Really? Didn't seem like it to me. The parts between each song seemed like an obvious bridge between them, as is often done with a medley.

Hey, at least they aren't Nickelback. Nickelback is much worse in that regard.

Hey, at least they aren't Nickelback. Nickelback is much worse in that regard.

Jesus fucking Christ can I not go anywhere without hearing someone make another inane "NICKELBACK IS ALL THE SAME SHOT BLUH BLUH" bullshit?

On topic: Awesome songs, can't wait for the full versions. I hope that Sonic Youth at least is in a Sonic game.

Now then, before someone inevitably starts up with the Nickelback hate, I'm going to go listen to every single one of their songs.

More like Nickelsuck, amirite?

Jeez. I thought I'd gotten over being embarrassed by cheesy song lyrics, but that hurricane of references at the beginning of Sonic Youth was a little too much for me to handle all at once. I think the fact that the song isn't directly related to a Sonic game only makes that worse, somehow. A couple of listens is usually enough to get me over that anyway, so I guess it's not super important, but it kind of caught me by surprise.

I don't feel like there's much else I can say about the songs, though. They sound pretty much like you'd expect Crush 40 to sound, which isn't bad, but it isn't terribly exciting either. I'll give the full versions a proper listen when they're available, I guess, but none of it's sticking out to me right now.

I can kinda see where Marcello's coming from with the first two, as their both played in the same key, but beyond that, everything else is different; tempo, melody, rhythm, ect.

Eh.

It's like I like it...kinda? Kinda like Octarine said, the cheesy vox in Sonic Youth is a little much, but there's a part of me (kinda small) that likes it. I mean it sounds like Crush 40, but I think I've just fallen out of the band to a definite degree. I can't help but feel like Jun is trying to hard to make different sounding stuff with the odd note changes at the end of certain measures (no, I'm not talking about the songs changing). I do like the instrumentals and flow of the chorus in Sonic Youth though.

If anything, I gotta say I like the middle song the most, and at that, it's just kinda "eh, neat I guess" for me. Sounds sorta Rise Against-ish at times. Then again, going back to older Crush 40 stuff that's not Sonic related, I can say the same about almost all the songs being "eh", so *shrugs*

The fuck does "Crushin' 40" mean btw? 40 what?!

I've long since found Crush 40 to be a very boring band, and with each song they release the vocals seem to get worse and the entire thing seems too trapped in the 80s. Now I am gonna bite my tongue here in terms of the fact that I have despised this bands association with the series for the longest time now, so I'll keep that outta the rest of the post and just speak about the music itself (not that its anymore of a positive opinion).

But like I said, they seem too reluctant on staying in the past. Not that they should give up their influences and whatnot but they've always felt like a low-grade 80s band, and never have felt unique in anything that they've put out. There is a way to stay interesting and fresh without changing too much of what makes your band yours, but they feel like they're never progressing and instead regressing musically. They always seem like they are trying way too hard and I have to agree with Wolfy here on that point. They try too hard. All of their stuff post SA2 has felt really forced or like it was a quick cash in. Not to mention that I find that their lyrics to always be cheesy as all hell to the point where I cannot take it anymore. I'm also going to echo the sentiment earlier that each of these tracks presented here sound boring/the same. I think Jun has been losing his touch unfortunately for quite some time, I think by this point in his career he is kind of running out of ideas.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've long since found Crush 40 to be a very boring band, and with each song they release the vocals seem to get worse and the entire thing seems too trapped in the 80s. Now I am gonna bite my tongue here in terms of the fact that I have despised this bands association with the series for the longest time now, so I'll keep that outta the rest of the post and just speak about the music itself (not that its anymore of a positive opinion).

But like I said, they seem too reluctant on staying in the past. Not that they should give up their influences and whatnot but they've always felt like a low-grade 80s band, and never have felt unique in anything that they've put out. There is a way to stay interesting and fresh without changing too much of what makes your band yours, but they feel like they're never progressing and instead regressing musically. They always seem like they are trying way too hard and I have to agree with Wolfy here on that point. They try too hard. All of their stuff post SA2 has felt really forced or like it was a quick cash in. Not to mention that I find that their lyrics to always be cheesy as all hell to the point where I cannot take it anymore. I'm also going to echo the sentiment earlier that each of these tracks presented here sound boring/the same. I think Jun has been losing his touch unfortunately for quite some time, I think by this point in his career he is kind of running out of ideas.

I disagree primarily because of With Me. Though it wasn't sung or lead by Johnny and Jun, it was composed and written by them and it is hands down one of the best songs the franchise has seen, certainly one of, if not the best Final Boss track in recent memory.

I'll admit that none of these particular songs are that outstanding, but I'd hardly say Jun is totally losing his touch. I'll wait till I hear more.

Though I agree, that they need to push past the 80s - early 90s kind of rock style. Modernise a little.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh....they might grow on me with a full listen, but at the moment they all sounded kinda bland to me. Maybe ot was the guitar tone, maybe the riff wasn't exciting enough, I'm not fully sure. My favourite was the third of those, mainly thanks to the faster beat.

But when it comes to Crush 40, I am immune to their cheese. Sonic Heroes especially is full of it, so Sonic Youth doesn't bother me in that regard. And as I said before...Megadeth already have a song like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would it be safe to ask, does this really belong in the Sonic Discussion area? I know C40 is basically a sonic game band but not all of their music is purely for sonic.

Topic wise: I heard the 'Sonic Youth' song earlier, and I have to say.....it sounds pretty lifeless. The whole time I was expecting some harder riffs, more energy, just something more. It felt like a typical rap song, lifeless.

I dunno man, I think the heavy stuff would come during the part of the song that isn't the intro.

Really enjoying the sound of these so far! I'm especially loving One of Those Days. (Really enjoy the beat and lyrics of that one.) The Sonic references in Sonic Youth are freakin' WIN and I hope that there are more in the full version. Rise Again is also pretty good, but my least favorite of the three. Definitely can't wait to listen to the full versions of these! (Hopefully, they'll be released pretty soon, because that clip has throughly wheted my appetite for new Crush 40 goodness and I don't want to have to wait too long for the main course. ;))

So Crushin' 40 = drinking 40 cans of Crush? And doing it all the time? That's pretty nuts.

• Thumbs Up 3