Awoo.

New Crush 40 Songs?

DarkLight

I assume he said it in the same way one say "Rocking Out", meaning by "Crushing 40" there basically just rocking out.

Even though I listened to all 3, I'll focus on Sonic Youth...

What we heard was probably the intro, but it just didn't feel...right.

The references to past Sonic games were great at first, but now they just seem a tad overdone. I was hoping the lyrics or the music itself would be a little more subtle in references, I still like it, I just feel they were trying a bit too much to make it a Sonic reference. I mean, it sounds like the missing theme for Generations, but even the 20th Anniversary Celebration got a little more subtle when it came to referencing something. Especially in the music department. When the full song comes out I expect a lot more energy and soul in the lyrics and instrumentals.

I wouldn't say Jun is losing his touch though, considering his recent work on Generations (That Big Arm Boss remix.) The Crush 40 Sonic Boom remix which I find personally really great, etc.

Guess I'll wait until I judge further.

Eh. I liked the throwbacks in Sonic Youth, but to me at least, the vocals seemed, I dunno if this is the right word but, off. I like Crush 40 a lot, considering their most recent songs (non-remix) in Black Knight were pretty cool, but I dunno, this one doesn't seem that good.

Preview of all three songs!

Those Sonic references in Sonic Youth!

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 1

@ Sonic Youth

Oh look, it's the same exact song they've been making over and over ever since Live & Learn.

• Thumbs Up 1

^^Funny, because I could tell just fine.

Also, that felling when What I'm Made Of isn't mentioned and everyone was wrong.

Meant to reply to this a day ago.

inb4 it's part of the second verse along with other unmentioned songs... >w>

Edited by Inferno

• 2 months later...

Just bought them off of iTunes, even though it's advertised for a July 4th release. Loving Sonic Youth. Rise Again is alright, but it will probably take some time to grow on me.

Lyrics? Why not!

Sonic Youth

When I've opened my heart

And I've lived and learned

When I've taken a step in his world

When I danced in the shadow

When I felt the sonic boom

When I am who I am with you

Racing forward on my mind

Crushing 40 all the time

Never seems to disappear (oh no!)

Always known. Always knowing that you're near

Now don't you worry

It's a never ending story

Stand proud, let it out!

Let 'em know, let it show, wait 'til they hear

Hear the Sonic Youth!

Hear the Sonic Youth!

We are the Sonic Youth!

Like a Sonic hero

Or a knight in the wind

Now you know what I'm made of

You can watch me fly

Live your life or die

Never turn back you will lie

Racing forward on my mind

Crushing 40 all the time

Never seems to disappear (oh no!)

You can feel when the Sonic Youth is there.

Now don't you worry

Stand proud, let it out!

'til they hear

Hear the Sonic...

*Yoooooooooooouth!*

We are the Sonic Youth!

*Yoooooooooooouth!*

We are the Sonic Youth!

Now you know what we're made of!

Now don't you worry

Stand proud, let it out!

'til they hear

Hear the Sonic Youth!

Me and You!

Hear the Sonic Youth!

That's you!

• Thumbs Up 1

Quoting my good friend Thor, "I like it!"

To me it sounds like a mash-up of all their songs both in music and lyrics of course.

Quoting my good friend Thor, "I like it!"

To me it sounds like a mash-up of all their songs both in music and lyrics of course.

I have to agree. For me it's just a really nice tribute to all the past themes. I really like the instrumentation; it's got a really interesting and unique feel. Not too aggressive, easy to listen to and very engaging. The riffs seem somehow subtly different from past Crush 40 songs, maybe more laid back. Overall I'd say it's a very nice song, and I really enjoy it.

It doesn't feel like a harbinger of an impending SA3, but that doesn't rule out the possibility of such a game for me. I predict that at some point the sequel will be made, either because fanboys/girls won't stop nagging, or because SEGA will run out of ideas for Sonic (as they have in the recent past). That said, I think both Adventures were very well done and it just might be that a third could turn out pretty nicely.

Edited by AndrewClocksin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Youth is pretty badass. Really wish it could have been in Generations somehow, even if not necessarily as the main theme. The nostalgic nature of it, but also the "it's a never ending story" thing would have been perfect for the series celebrating its past while looking forward to the future.

Rise Again ain't bad either, though it's one of their less noteworthy songs. Eh, worth $0.99, anyway. T

I checked the new songs out on iTunes. I just listened to the preview, but it seemed like basic Crush 40 music. That is not a bad thing, but they need to bring something new to the table. Maybe that third song that hasn't been released yet will do that.

Really digging both the new songs, especially Sonic Youth. It has that usual Crush 40/Sonic feel, but throws in something a little different. Fitting this got leaked a few days before Sonic's birthday, too.

Now THIS must have been in Sonic Generations!

Loving both songs especially Sonic Youth. Such a great tribute!

Edited by ArtFenix

Welp, One of Those Days have been (accidentally) released on iTunes as well, and after listening to it, I can see (or hear) why this is Jun's favorite.