Awoo.

Should Mighty The Armadillo return?

Why? Personally I think he's the most interesting of the scrapped/forgotten characters. And if nothing else, it'd be nice to have more antagonists in this series, considering the heroes are constantly growing and nearly every new bad guy gets killed off.

The only point I can possibly think of against Nack/Fang now is that Rouge and the Babylon Rogues sort of cover his territory. Treasure hunters, want money, aren't good guys. Granted neither totally fit the bill and are more anti-heroes than villains. I dunno. I'd happily accept that he's an alien if they put him in another game.

I'm surprised no one has made a "yay, more shitty friends" comment yet.

Presumably, it's because Mighty is already a established... "character". A comment like that would only really work if it's in reference to a new character.

Presumably, it's because Mighty is already a established... "character". A comment like that would only really work if it's in reference to a new character.

Then why do Vector, Espio and Charmy fall under that category?

Granted Charmy deserves that title.

Mighty could one day fufil his old destiny once more and actually serve as a Sonic clone. If we ever get a multiplayer mode in a solo sonic game, the playable characters would probably play exactly like Sonic. Mighty would fit in perfectly with Shadow and whatever other poor character ends up as a Sonic skin, be it a flightless Tails or a playable Silver.

The only point I can possibly think of against Nack/Fang now is that Rouge and the Babylon Rogues sort of cover his territory.
Rouge is barely even a treasure hunter anymore; they've focused far more on her being a GUN agent and Shadow's sidekick/fangirl. And even if she went back to it, they could try establishing a rivalry between them, which would help expand both characters. The Rogues I think are basically irrelevant, since they don't show up outside the Riders games. And in either case, like you said, neither they nor Rouge are really bad guys, while Fang presumably would be.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rouge is barely even a treasure hunter anymore; they've focused far more on her being a GUN agent and Shadow's sidekick/fangirl. And even if she went back to it, they could try establishing a rivalry between them, which would help expand both characters. The Rogues I think are basically irrelevant, since they don't show up outside the Riders games. And in either case, like you said, neither they nor Rouge are really bad guys, while Fang presumably would be.

Fang_the_Sniper___Sonic_Riders_by_Jofinin.png

I'm sorry.

In all seriousness, he does have a bike and he's a treasure hunter, so Riders could potentially be a good way to pull him back into the franchise. Only he's not tied to it like the Bayblon Rouges are.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm sorry.

In all seriousness, he does have a bike and he's a treasure hunter, so Riders could potentially be a good way to pull him back into the franchise. Only he's not tied to it like the Bayblon Rouges are.

I wouldn't have minded him in sasasr. Edited by the hedgehogs boost

. . . who?

Seriously, no. There are better options when looking in the forgotten character barrel.

• Thumbs Up 1

Improve your spelling and grammar. Please.

I really wish there was a feature to sig posts. If there was, I would DEFINITELY sig this post.

Free Riders?

In any case, nah, Mighty really has no place in the series that nobody else can fill, Knuckles is already the tough guy, and Cream's our pacifist so yeah, Mighty's kind of redundant....Now Fang, Bean, and Bark on the other hand...

You know, Mighty could just get a personality/design reboot like the Chaotix did in Heroes. But eh, I'd rather see Fang/Nack and maybe Bark and Bean too (as his cohorts) return instead.

Although I will admit I did like what they did with Mighty in Sonic Megamix (his ability to use Sonic's elemental shield powers, since Sonic had the HA). I wouldn't mind seeing Mighty brough back with a similar gameplay/moveset for Sonic 4.

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillFan

They should totally bring back that chick from Sonic X-Treme and that scrapped cat from Fighters......

Oh and Nazo

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we're all neglecting something here.

How exactly is Mighty supposed to return if nobody even knows where he is?

MightyRayHiRes.png

After escaping Eggman's fortress, some say he was spotted with the Chaotix in 1995. Oh yeah, Knuckles was there too.

Although I hear he's found himself a cozy spot in a nice jungle filled with ruins somewhere in the Sout—

Shadow_death_ruins.png

*sucks in air through teeth*

• Thumbs Up 6

They should totally bring back that chick from Sonic X-Treme and that scrapped cat from Fighters......

Oh and Nazo

Nazo?

You know.....if we switched out the Werehog in Unleashed and put in Mighty instead.......nope, nevermind.

MightyRayHiRes.png

Ray kinda looks like a monkey in this picture.

Out of most of the scrapped characters, I actually like Mighty, but the chances of him coming back are next to nothing. Essentially Mighty was gonna be the original mascot for Sega as we all know, however they decided to drop him due to his red color which would make him look like a knockoff of Mario. Also an armadillo rolling into a ball is common, stereotypical and popular, no one knew what a hedgehog was until 1991 so the blue color and unique animal caught on. Also as for what the OP said about his super speed, im not sure if he was meant to be as fast as Sonic, the only reasons he was as fast as him in the first place is cuz it would be at an unfair advantage in the arcade game if he was slow but powerful, especially considering that there isnt any real enemies in that game. Sonic has been slowed down in some games so he can keep pace with other characters, most notably Sonic Riders where he'd be running at 1 mph when on foot. He is said to have super strength tho which would probably overpower Knuckles and overshadow him. The red design doesnt help him not overshadow Knuckles either. Also I think the biggest reason he hasnt been appearing in games canonically is one important aspect of his character that most people dont realize; HE IS A PACIFIST!!! Meaning he hates fighting, despite being able to lift possibly 10 times his weight and lets face it, the two games he was in, he didnt exactly volunteer to play hero. Eggman kidnapped him in SegaSonic The Hedgehog along with Sonic and Ray and he was forced to leave his fortress with him, where he didnt touch a single enemy. He was captured by Eggman once again in Knuckles Chaotix and had no choice but to fight through his Badniks. Seeing as the Chaotix have come back sans Mighty and Knuckles(I dont even think Knux realizes he used to be their leader) its safe to say that after that neutron island zone or whatever the hell it was he decided to go back home and leave his peaceful life wherever doing things that normal armadillos do cuz seeing all the crisis's and end of the world threats that have been happening over the years, if he wanted to use his super strength and stop all of them, he would have definitely came to the rescue everytime. But he didnt and thats why we have Sonic The Hedgehog instead.

I think it would be cool for Mighty to come back, even if he was an extra character you don't really play as (kind of like challenge acts in Generations)

Haterade in this thread aside, Power Types are generally the least represented of all character types (because they're so very quickly phased out), and that alone if enough to being him back, even in something like Riders, so that there can be some friggin BALANCE in character abilities. I'd personally revive every scarapped cahracter ten times over before even THINKING of making a new face.

All these things that he supposedly lacks would be very obviously given to him on a reappearance, hell they HAVE been given to him in non game mediums. Seems nobody in this thread is able to unleash their creative sides and think outside of the box. Just the shell alone can provide all kids of neat gimmicks involving temporary invlunerablity or extra strength for level puzzles. You could quite literally turn him into a wrecking ball and thus make him live up to his namesake. I don't know why people are so convinced that he'd be a speed character when being a power type is in his friggin name, and we should all know by know that Sonic characters are pretty much exactly what they say on the tin.

Honestly, when they're in need of a character for XYZ reason, they should be looking in their pool of underused characters FIRST. Blaze, Silver, Marine, Werehog? There was never a need for the characters and transformations to ever exist. There were PLENTY of existing characters that could have filled the roles, and some of them probably would have been better suited for it too. Why did it take SIX YEARS to get a boosting battle with Shadow? That's what should have been done with the Rush games. Instead we got Shadow clone #492 but gave it a donk and fire powers.

Hell, as much as I like Silver, Metal Sonic, or even Mighty could have filled his shoes quite easily in both 06 and Rivals(Eggman Nega could have had a Mecha Sonic remodel instead). At least with Metal Sonic, the main trio would have been three Speed Types instead of two Speed Types and a flight type for no real reason.

However, as much as I like Mighty, he'll have to take a back seat to METAL GOD DAMN KNUCKLES. He needs to be back first and foremost.

That's what should have been done with the Rush games. Instead we got Shadow clone #492 but gave it a donk and fire powers.

>implying Sega mimicking Shadow's personality is a common occurrence, if at all.

>Implying that Blaze is anything like Shadow other than being somewhat stoic.

Edited by Grooseinator032
  • Thumbs Up 4

Nazo?

Nazo educated on the subject, are we?

*Sean drags Indy off stage* Wait! I have more! Nooooooo!

• Thumbs Up 6

Well Mighty isn't on high on my want to bring back list but however if Sega can evolve his character and not make him a mary sue, as in badly written character that gots it all, then I wouldn't mind seeing him back.

When it comes down to it writing can make or break your characters. :P