Awoo.

Should Mighty The Armadillo return?

I'm kinda on the board with reviving another character over Mighty. Not because what Mighty was really, I just found him boring personally, but of course that's just me. Like others as well, I'd much rather have Fang back, simply because I see him as the character with the most uniquiness to add to the fray of characters that we have already. And even more importantly over this, Fang could be perfectly content on the bad side of the game for once (he'd be minor, but that'd be the delight), instead a one shot deal and then getting lost in the line of good characters.

As for Mighty, I just can't see him being a big enough re-addition to make worth while sadly. I think if he was added during Heroes when the Chaotix was revived, it would be a different story, but I just don't see it happening at this moment in time. Maybe if there's an expansive Sonic game created in the future, with multiple side stories, THEN something like "Find Chaotix's lost member" mission might seem cool.

I hate to ride the negatron gravy train, but I just can't see his re-entry working well, or at the least, more over of other thrown-away characters.

Considering we haven't even seen Knuckles in a playable role for over 5 years (spinoffs not withstanding), I think it's way, way too early to be considering scraping the bottom of the barrel for more characters. Not that I'd object to a revamped Mighty making a return, but I think making a game that has multiple playable characters at all is a much higher priority than bringing back characters so obscure that only the truly dedicated in the fanbase even have any idea they existed.

That said, it does beg the question of how exactly you'd make a character feel "mighty" without outright cutting down on their speed cap. Knux pulled it off by being able to destroy walls and shit nobody else could, but let's be honest, even for the rare opportunities that was possible it was still a boring and lazy way to go about it. Someone said earlier that Mighty should be somehow heavier, so maybe it's as simple as cutting his jump height a bit but making him roll even faster than anyone else down hills?

It's also a fan name for a single picture in a Sonic X preview that was never in the actual show and fans made a big deal about it for no reason and came up with dumb backstories about it.

Japanese for "Mystery"

Yeah, I know all about that shit. It's almost worse than Ashura.

>implying Sega mimicking Shadow's personality is a common occurrence, if at all.

>Implying that Blaze is anything like Shadow other than being somewhat stoic.

I can't speak for the rest of Sega's IPs, but as for as Sonic goes, Blaze is even more similar to Shadow than Mephiles was, and Mephiles stole Shadow's freakin Shadow. They basically told the "defrost the ice queen" story all over again with Blaze, right down to having her go gold mode (or in her case, pink mode) on her first game. They're both socially awkward douches with hearts of gold, they're both kinectics of some sort (blaze's fire vs Shadow's chaos energy), they're both speedy rivals to Sonic who, while able to keep up, were still ultimately slower (up until recently when Shadow got a totally awesome, but totally cheating boost ability), they both seem to be pepetually frowning in all their artworks. Hell, they even alternate the same stinking afterimage/trail effect colors (gold and red).

Actually, calling Blaze a Shadow clone is being a bit too specfic, she's really alternate Sonic #578; just like Shadow, Silver, Metal Sonic, and even Mighty. In any case, she was ultimately completely unneccesary at the time, and dare I say the only real redeeming value to Blaze is that she's a female, in a series with a really bad shortage of them. I can't even say her super mode really contributes anything anymore. Never mind that aside from it, Blaze's fire abilities amount to being a walking Flame Barrier, but the artists at Sonic Team haven't even drawn/modeled the damn thing. it's pretty much gone the way of Super Knuckles, dead after two games.

I'm kinda on the board with reviving another character over Mighty. Not because what Mighty was really, I just found him boring personally, but of course that's just me. Like others as well, I'd much rather have Fang back, simply because I see him as the character with the most uniquiness to add to the fray of characters that we have already. And even more importantly over this, Fang could be perfectly content on the bad side of the game for once (he'd be minor, but that'd be the delight), instead a one shot deal and then getting lost in the line of good characters.

I have to agree with you.

Who exactly do we have as villian in the Sonic games? Shadow technically was in SA2, but what about the games after that? Sega already used Metal Sonic, so Fang would be the perfect choice. I could even see Knuckles becoming more involved in the games since they are both treasure hunters. The Master Emerald could even return for once.

I purposely left out Eggman btw. Just a note so I don't get "derp eggman"

At any rate, I do wish that Sega would allow him to be merchandised since he's a semi regular in the comics. I'd love to add a little 3" Mighty figure to my collection. Same with Fang, Bean, and even the Freedom Fighters.

• Thumbs Up 1

No.

Gotta give more effort dude, or it's just spam. Two comments following this asking you to go more into your opinion is the point-in-case.

Oh and for the rest, that nifty report button works wonders for us to find and solve things like this, D;.

The only Classic forgotten character I see coming back with any significance is Fang. It's not like I don't like Mighty (I'm pretty indifferent about the guy.) It's the fact that SEGA are treating anyone who isn't a villain, Sonic or Tails as nothing but minor characters most of the time anyway. What would be the point of Mighty showing up when he might get more spotlight for maybe one game and then be pushed into the same position as the other characters?

Fang already has some things going for him. He has a particularly original design, it's easy to imagine his personality and the way he is characterized. I could see him making small cameo's or maybe mixing up trouble for the others in Spin-Off/Canon-Side games. (I could seriously imagine him being one of those tricksters in a Storybook game. Loki comes to mind.)

Not to mention he could be constantly be stealing the Master Emerald to either help Eggman or get it from right under his nose. It could drag Knuckles back into the spotlight a few times and give him a legit reason to partner up with Sonic and Co.

I can't speak for the rest of Sega's IPs, but as for as Sonic goes, Blaze is even more similar to Shadow than Mephiles was, and Mephiles stole Shadow's freakin Shadow. They basically told the "defrost the ice queen" story all over again with Blaze, right down to having her go gold mode (or in her case, pink mode) on her first game. They're both socially awkward douches with hearts of gold, they're both kinectics of some sort (blaze's fire vs Shadow's chaos energy), they're both speedy rivals to Sonic who, while able to keep up, were still ultimately slower (up until recently when Shadow got a totally awesome, but totally cheating boost ability), they both seem to be pepetually frowning in all their artworks. Hell, they even alternate the same stinking afterimage/trail effect colors (gold and red).

Actually, calling Blaze a Shadow clone is being a bit too specfic, she's really alternate Sonic #578; just like Shadow, Silver, Metal Sonic, and even Mighty. In any case, she was ultimately completely unneccesary at the time, and dare I say the only real redeeming value to Blaze is that she's a female, in a series with a really bad shortage of them. I can't even say her super mode really contributes anything anymore. Never mind that aside from it, Blaze's fire abilities amount to being a walking Flame Barrier, but the artists at Sonic Team haven't even drawn/modeled the damn thing. it's pretty much gone the way of Super Knuckles, dead after two games.

Wasn't the reason for their development completely different?

Sure. You can never have enough Sonic characters.

AIN'T THAT RIGHT FELLAS

Edited by Jayhawker30
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sure. You can never have enough Sonic characters.

AIN'T THAT RIGHT FELLAS

Yup.

I wish they could bring back Bark too. :l

Edited by StrikeTW

No thanks. If they ever bring back any of the Pre-Adventure obscure characters, I'd rather they revive Nack/Bean/Bark. And maybe Metal Knuckles. Anyone else I'm not bothered about, especially the Tails Doll and Honey, both of whom I think are very overrated.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

the Tails Doll and Honey, both of whom I think are very overrated.

How in the world can Honey be overrated?? There are probably still subsects of the fandom who probably wouldn't even know who she his.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Mighty pop up here or there in the future. I don't expect it or anything, and there are probably two or three other obscure characters that could prove to be more useful than him out there..... but I guess if we ever get a marble madness esc minigame to dick around with the rolling physics, it'd be nice to play with a red pinball.

I think we already have a character that is avian, and green.

His name is Jet.

That redundancy didn't stop Blaze. Just sayin.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 2

How in the world can Honey be overrated?? There are probably still subsects of the fandom who probably wouldn't even know who she his.

Honey is one of the common (and I admit the other obscure ones get this too, but Honey gets it a lot) characters to get the "Oh hey, despite the fact that she didn't have a constructed personality and was a Sonic-style clone of a Fighting Vipers character, she's still infinitely better than every single new character! Regardless of what the new ones act like and what they've done!"

There's other reasons, but that's the main one.

His name is Jet.

...And?

That's like saying Wario & Waluigi can't exist because Mario & Luigi are already humans in overalls.

On top of that, Jet's not one of my favourites anyway.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Mighty I don't care so much for anymore, but definately Nack/Fang and also Bean and Bark. I'd also be keen on seeing the Battle Bird Armada/Battle Kukku Army again too, be a switch up from the usual Eggman and god monster threat for a change.

However, with Bean and Bark, I think they should retain their comic personalities through since that is what their most known for today (Bean a Deadpool-ish maniac and Bark the Strong but silent type).

Oh and using the "We already have a green bird" excuse is pretty poor, considering we have two cats and four hedgehogs, besides, Bean is a duck not a hawk. As for the Kukku Speedy, he ain't no hawk either. Who cares if their green.

I know some of you like Honey, but bare in mind that she's under copyright of a different company, kinda more hard to actually obtain without saying pretty please with a cherry on top.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

I just want Bean back. (and maybe Fang, they could be partners and always get on eachother's nerves.)

Edited by WhiteandNerdy-Hedgehog

I'd like Fang, Bean and Bark to sort of function like they do in Archie. Fang is the main guy, but he'd occasionally get those two for jobs.

His name is Jet.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Options:

a. Ignore, because he's a shitty character from a shitty spin-off franchise

b. Kill him off

Edited by WhiteandNerdy-Hedgehog

Options:

a. Ignore, because he's a shitty character from a shitty spin-off franchise and never leaves (Or should) spin-off territory *coughnohypocrisyherenopecough*

b. Kill him off

c. Differentiate from Bean

Seriously, why the hell is it that people want to throw away something instead at the very least make an effort to fixing it? Shitty spin-off or whatever, Jet isn't broken beyond repair. And I barely care for him myself.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 9

Haterade in this thread aside, Power Types are generally the least represented of all character types (because they're so very quickly phased out), and that alone if enough to being him back, even in something like Riders, so that there can be some friggin BALANCE in character abilities.
  • Thumbs Up 2

How about this:

SEGA should "fix" the characters that do get frequent representation, rather tha overcrowd the Sonic supporting cast by reviving the dead or long forgotten. The biggest priority for SEGA with regards to any character, is decide on a consistant personality with a consistant characterisation which doesn't immediately bring forth everyone's hatred upon the mere sight of them.

Next biggest priority is deciding which characters are important enough to be series regulars. Honestly, how useful and/or relevant is Cream the Rabbit or Charmy Bee in the grand scheme. Yeah these characters can still be exist, they just don't need to be shoved in our faces simply because they exist.

Once all that is taken care of, a few new villains are the top priority, because we have so many goddamn "heroes" or good-guys and only 1 proper antagonist, that isn't Eggman Nega (whom I dislike, why not just have....I dunno.....a different character rather than an Eggman recolou). We need more people who don't like Sonic or are generally upto no good, that can appear when Eggman is in the process of generating the profit and cashrings required to bring his next plan to fruition.

On the point of Mighty.

No, there are far better characters that could return. Mighty is an empty shell of a character who really doesn't need to be around. He is literally Sonic 2.0, moreso than Shadow ever could be.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seems nobody in this thread is able to unleash their creative sides and think outside of the box.
Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 7