Awoo.

Insomniac CEO announces "No more Resistance games"

Badnik Mechanic

This is fine with me. I never really liked a Resistance game outside of the first one. The others kind of lost their charm as far as I'm concerned. Still good games tho'.

The main Insomniac IP that I care about is, of course, Ratchet and Clank. So long as that series is alive and well, I'm not really bothered. I'm actually quite interested in Overstrike and I've been wanting to see more of it. Glad they're thinking about making some different things.

Obviously.

But I would recommend you not use Killstreaks to justify a game being CoD clone like that, considering what I just pointed out from it. That practically made your first point weaker by comparison.

So I'm not justified in saying any FPS that comes out after 2007 that utilizes a killstreak reward system in its competitive multiplayer component didn't do so out of some desire to mimic the design of one of the most popular FPS franchises of the last 5 years?

• Thumbs Up 1

So I'm not justified in saying any FPS that comes out after 2007 that utilizes a killstreak reward system in its competitive multiplayer component didn't do so out of some desire to mimic the design of one of the most popular FPS franchises of the last 5 years?

No, you're just not justified in saying anything that has you running around a map getting killstreaks in its multiplayer is a mimic of CoD. That was very broad.

Keep the FPS part in what you said, and you're justified all the way.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

And now... the plot twist.

Insomniac is finished with Resistance... but that doesn't mean it's over... ...

Edited by Hogfather

If it does get picked up again (which it will).

It just won't be the same at all, Insomniac were very careful with what information and rules they set in the game and kept to it... somehow I doubt a 'pick up' studio will be that careful.

At least Call of Duty is made up of two distinct sub-series' which alternate year on year. Halo... I dunno, it has never really felt like an annual game series to me. I thought it was every two or three years? Hmm... Anyways, I wanna see who they're bringing in to carry on the series, but I'll bet they won't hold a candle to Insomniac (no offence).

Resistance isn't an annual series either, even if you counted the PSP spin off. They alternated with Ratchet, fortunately for me because I really love their platformers and Crack in Time is possibly their best job.

I thought I implied that, in the hands of another studio, it'd become an annual shitfest, but it isn't there yet? Oh well.