Awoo.

Wait...is that Ferris Bueller?

Speederino

So...it looks like there might be a Ferris Beuller sequel in the works. Normally I can do nothing but facepalm at announcements like this, but normally these announcements are accompanied by the words "remake" "prequel" or "different actors". But that is clearly (a much older) Matthew Broderick. Depending on how they treat the script, this might not be as horrible as one would think. However, for all we know this could just end up being a teaser for a super-bowl ad starring Ferris. Either way, it looks like he's coming back.

I'm sure the internet is going to be heavily divided over this, so all I ask is that this thread doesn't become an all out flame war. Keep it civil.

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 2

If this is a movie sequel, I somehow doubt a grown man ditching his responsibilities to play hooky from work really has the charm of a lazy but genius kid doing everything in his power to skip school.

We'll see, though. I'm actually really curious now.

I haven't seen the first movie, but I know it's a pretty huge one and a movie that many people love. To make a sudden sequel like this years later seems like a pretty risky move if you ask me.. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where this all goes.

I loved the first movie, so I really hope they don't screw this up, if they are making one! I sadly don't think it can work anymore, considering how much the actor aged......

I never saw the first but it looks interesting. This looks interesting as well.

This could be a pretty nifty idea if they handle it properly. I've never seen a movie where they followed what happen to the fast talking smartass character archetype.

Little interesting fact for you, Alan Ruck who played his best friend Cameron Frye in the movie played Captain John Harriman of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-B in Star Trek: Generations.

He was the tourist from Speed who played the telephone game with Keanu Reeves' character.

Edited by Celestia

Why would anyone get mad over this? Whether it suceeds or bombs the fallout is guaranteed to be entertaining.

It saddens me that people haven't seen the film, it's one of my favourites! Apparently the script was written in a weekend.

I think the advert is pretty cool.

Well, I did like the advert. I'm a smidge disappointed that it wasn't something bigger, but it was great for what it was.

Well, I did like the advert. I'm a smidge disappointed that it wasn't something bigger, but it was great for what it was.

The advert IS nice, but it should've been for the new Acura NSexy.

Aww c'mon don't be soo disspointed the advert was funny. it was filled with the movies' references which i found enjoyable.

Forgot it was a car commecrial for a second there.

Must admit to having never watched the film. Advert was pretty good, though.

Also shocked to see how much Matt Broderick has aged. Last film I recall seeing him in was...Godzilla, I think. Been a while.