Awoo.

Mobile Forum Glitching

Jeffhog

Alright, this might be more of a problem with the sort of forum format that the SSMB is running on rather than SSMB itself or possibly be because of what I'm using, but I can't get rid of the mobile format when using my iPhone.

Normally, at the bottom of the page (whether I'm on a thread or looking through the subforums), there was a disable button of sorts that I can use to turn off the mobile format and have it into the normal site, but that button has disappeared and I can't switch out of it.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by VizardJeffhog

It's actually the opposite for me. Using my phone (An Android, but it still used to come up with the mobile version by default), it's stuck on the computer version of the website. I scroll down to try to change the theme but, just like here on the website, the option for the mobile version of the website doesn't appear.

I'm using iOS5 with Safari, and the mobile site (and the option to change to the full site) load OK for me. After switching to the full version, though, there was no option to change themes again, so I went to Safari and cleared the cache. (When sites have glitched up in the past, I find that clearing the cache does help a bit, so maybe that could help, Jeff?.) After clearing the cache, I ended up back at the mobile site.

This is why I jailbroke and use UserAgentFaker, though. I turn that on and it thinks I'm browsing from a desktop, so I have instant, easy access to the full site. Turn that off and the sites read my phone as a mobile device. It means I can switch between themes relatively easily without having to clear the cache.

• Thumbs Up 1

...dang. Okay, guess I shoulda thought of that first. XD Thanks... Pinkie? ovarloard? It's working fine now.

That said, calling for a lock.

That said, calling for a lock.

Will do, though I'll see about adding an option on the bottom of the skin for such a function in the future to assist mobile users.

• Thumbs Up 1