Awoo.

Sonic 4 - Episode II - Music Thread

Soniman

Sky Fortress is still my favorite song to listen to in sonic 4 all together! Please let there be remixes!please let there be remixes!

EDIT: Understood. Trash please.

Seeing as how YT links aren't allowed... no. -Sean

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 1

Out of the songs I've heard so far, Sky Fortress 2 sounds like Wily's castle music. Haven't found anything else I liked, though.

I've only heard Sylvania Castle Act 1 and White Park Act 1, and I really like what I'm hearing thus far. They seemed upbeat and catchy, like classic Sonic should. The instruments weren't perfect Genesis remasters but they fit the songs nicely and I have few complaints, they reminded me of songs from Kirby's Return to Dreamland, which sampled a few instruments from the classic games but overall used new ones. I'm happy with the music so far, I hope it stays quality throughout.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but 0:40ish of Sylvania Castle Act 2, there's a very direct Flying Battery section.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but 0:40ish of Sylvania Castle Act 2, there's a very direct Flying Battery section.

I think that's Aquatic Ruin, but that portion is very similar to Flying Battery I agree..

Edited by JezMM

I can't wait till

Death Egg MK II and Sky Fortress Act 2 are remixed usign proper instruments. Those two are clear standouts in the soundtrack to me

...huh, it sure sounds a bit like it. Good ears!

...huh, it sure sounds a bit like it. Good ears!

Like Jez said, it's supposed to be Aquatic Ruin. I've never noticed it before, but those parts of AR and FB are similar.!

Like Jez said, it's supposed to be Aquatic Ruin. I've never noticed it before, but those parts of AR and FB are similar.!

I already figured the AR bit when I heard it. xD I just never saw an association between those two until now.

I kind of enjoy almost every song,but Sylvania Castle Act 1 is just so forgettable,even Act 2 and 3 are hundred times better than it!

The Metal Sonic Boss and Oil Deserts music is really catchy. I also like Sky Fortess Act 3 music.

I think the music has improved drastically since the last episode, from an instrumentation standpoint at the very least. Unfortunately, some of the tracks don't stick out as much, if at all. I swear that White Park Act 3 is an inverted Lost Labyrinth...

Highlights include the 1st 2 Acts of White Park, most of Sky Fortress and NONE of Oil Desert, sadly.

I think that having Jun Senoue do all the music is becoming a problem. It's not that he's a bad musician, not at all, but because he's the lone composer for the game, he has to spread his talent across 20-30 various music tracks, and that's becoming an issue.

At least the instruments used are a major improvement, unlike...

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 4

The ducks, Indigo. Those poor ducks.

The ducks thing was really only in one track, like I mentioned, NONE of Oil Desert stuck out to me.

ODZ Act 2 is absolutely bizarre, though. :P

The ducks thing was really only in one track, like I mentioned, NONE of Oil Desert stuck out to me.

ODZ Act 2 is absolutely bizarre, though. tongue.png

lol, I do think that OD1 could be a good track if fixed up. It's reminds me of Hidden Base from SA2.

Edited by Blue Blood

Metal Sonic's battle theme is certainly the best Sonic 4 has to offer music-wise so far. His final battle theme, on the other hand, sounds pretty weird. I mean, I like it a lot, but it sounds so... unusual.

I wouldn't say I enjoy most of the music as much as most of the other games, but to me it makes for such easier listening than Episode 1's. I like Sky Fortress (all) and White Park Act 2, but White Park Act 3 is by far my favourite, actually. It's just really serene and calming, and I can imagine a great remix already. Sounds better than Lost Labyrinth (which people say it's a lot like, and it was the best of ep 1) to me.

ODZ Act 2 is absolutely bizarre, though. tongue.png

Now now little duck. The ODZ Act 2 melody may be strange but it is memoriable (for me). The WPZ Act 2 and Boss Act music is rather good. Acts 1&3 of WPZ is forgettable.

Did you notice how the music for the acts in each zone in Ep2 is very similar, whereas the music for the acts of each zone for Ep1 was very different.

Did you notice how the music for the acts in each zone in Ep2 is very similar, whereas the music for the acts of each zone for Ep1 was very different.

Only on OD and SF (and only acts 2 and 3 of SF). The SC and WP music uses the Ep1 style.

Edited by JezMM

MoonshadowCaz just posted a 16 bit version of SF Act1 music. Got some midi in there, but I think it sounds much better then the original.

Makes you wonder just what they could've done if they were using actual modern day instruments.

Only on OD and SF (and only acts 2 and 3 of SF). The SC and WP music uses the Ep1 style.

Pretty sure it's the other way around. E1 and the same track remixed for each act. OD and SF do that, while SC and WP have completely different tracks.

Pretty sure it's the other way around. E1 and the same track remixed for each act. OD and SF do that, while SC and WP have completely different tracks.

E1 had a different track for every act. What Jez is saying is right.

SCZ/WPZ = different tracks between acts = E1 style

ODZ/SFZ = similar tracks between acts = S3K style

I really don't hear it. Splash Hill 1, 2 and 3 sound just as similar as Oil Desert 1, 2 and 3. The ones in E1 all had the same core tune with some differences, whereas WP and SC have completely different tracks.

I really don't hear it. Splash Hill 1, 2 and 3 sound just as similar as Oil Desert 1, 2 and 3. The ones in E1 all had the same core tune with some differences, whereas WP and SC have completely different tracks.

wut

None of the E1 tracks, SCZ tracks or WPZ tracks share any part of their melodies with each other. The ODZ tracks do share part of their melodies however, and the same can be said of Act2 ad Act3 of SFZ.