Awoo.

Sonic 4 - Episode II - Music Thread

Soniman

Yeah, Ep1 had totally different melodies. If you think different, please do point me to the segments that match up in Splash Hill, or hell, any Ep 1 tracks.

For example, in Oil Desert it'd be:

Act 1 - 0:00 onwards

Act 2 - 0:15 onwards

Act 3 - 0:14 onwards

• Thumbs Up 1

E1's all sound mostly the same to me. There's no real parts of the song, they just sound like different versions of the same song.

E1's all sound mostly the same to me. There's no real parts of the song, they just sound like different versions of the same song.

They're all very similar in composition, and instrumentation but they are different central melodies. It kind of sounds to me like each zone has 3 parts of one long song to me. Splash Hill especially works this way (though helped by the fact that Jun actually did combine them all into one song for Mario & Sonic).

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm hoping Jun performs some ep 2 tunes live in the future. I'd love to hear a live compilation of SCZ or SFZ.

I'm hoping Jun performs some ep 2 tunes live in the future. I'd love to hear a live compilation of SCZ or SFZ.

I think Sonic Boom this year is a safe bet Barry.

For me the music is really good. In Ep 1 apart from Mad Gear the other didn't make it in my Media Player Playlist.

On the other hand the music of Ep 2 that made it in is:

SC: Act 2,3

WP: Act1,2

OD: Act 1

SF: All of them

DEmkII: All of them

Boss fights: 3 out of 4 = M.Sonic, S.Speedway and F.Boss. The pinch mode is nice but not something that comes even close to the other boss themes we have.

Favorite track: Metal Sonic Boss Fight

Also i love all the cutscenes music! and i like it how they put references to old music or they remixed them(whatever they did) xD

Just noticed while listening today, as if Jun hadn't had enough fun messing with consistency of remixed acts vs individual act tracks, the melody on White Park Act 2 before going into Twinkle Castle is in fact a slower paced version of Act 1's opening melody.

Just noticed while listening today, as if Jun hadn't had enough fun messing with consistency of remixed acts vs individual act tracks, the melody on White Park Act 2 before going into Twinkle Castle is in fact a slower paced version of Act 1's opening melody.

Me too, actually! I was surprised when I noticed it.

To those who were arguing over Episode I's level themes: Lost Labyrinth Act 2 uses part of Lost Labyrinth Act 1's melody, actually, if I remember correctly.

Funnily enough, I noticed that Metal Sonic's theme and Mad Gear Zone Act 1 share near-identical bass lines.

I gave it a crack on my piano and recorded Metal Sonic's theme, then I played the melody of MGZ. It worked just about perfectly!

Funnily enough, I noticed that Metal Sonic's theme and Mad Gear Zone Act 1 share near-identical bass lines.

I gave it a crack on my piano and recorded Metal Sonic's theme, then I played the melody of MGZ. It worked just about perfectly!

I smell a mashup............

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh man, that'd be sweet. Act 1 was my fave Mad Gear song and I'm just dying for some kind of extension to Metal Sonic's theme. I have concluded it's my fave Ep2 track, in all it's 30 second glory.

• Thumbs Up 2

I only saw the first cutscene of Episode Metal so I was under the assumption that it was supposed to be Mad Gear Zone's theme playing...

I only saw the first cutscene of Episode Metal so I was under the assumption that it was supposed to be Mad Gear Zone's theme playing...

The theme Jez is talking about is the Metal Sonic boss music, which you don't hear in EM at all. The music for the first EM cutscene is

Sonic Boom and You Can Do Anything

Sonic and DJyuzoboy always go well together no?

No posting assets.

Edited by Carbo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Music of Sonic 4 Ep 2 is pretty good) It was what I've expected from Jun. I have 3 favourite tracks from that:

1) Sylvania Castle Zone Act 2 (That strongly reminds me some part from Aquatic Ruin!)

2) White Park Zone Act 1 (Just peaceful and winter track, I like these)

3) Sky Fortress Zone Act 1 (First of all, that act is awesome, sky battle with Metal Sonic, it's something new, it doesn't copy Sky Chase from Sonic 2 too much. So, music is suitable to all this)

I hope, that music in Sonic 4 Ep 3 (if it'll release) shall better that.

Music from Sonic 4 Ep 1 and 2 will be soon be available for purchase on iTunes (SEGA Blogs)

Well at least we will be getting official soundtracks now. Crap or not, its still no reason to make a quick buck off the people who like the dying cats orchestral masterpieces.

And I find myself listening to E2's soundtrack allot more then I did with E1, so its a improvement.

I say they give up attempting to sound retro and just try to sound good.

But then those fanfarts who use the "Sonic Cycle" criteria would say "IT SUX BCUZ IT DUZENT SOWND LIEK DA JENNASSISS INSTERMNTS!!!!!!111!!!1!!1!!!!111oneoneexlamationsymbolpunctuationnumberuno"

But then those fanfarts who use the "Sonic Cycle" criteria would say "IT SUX BCUZ IT DUZENT SOWND LIEK DA JENNASSISS INSTERMNTS!!!!!!111!!!1!!1!!!!111oneoneexlamationsymbolpunctuationnumberuno"

Then make it more like the Classic mixes of Generations and not this unfitting retro junk that fails to sound retro. There are a few decent tunes in EP2, but they're all way too short and really grate my ears after a while.

Music from Sonic 4 Ep 1 and 2 will be soon be available for purchase on iTunes (SEGA Blogs)

Well at least we will be getting official soundtracks now. Crap or not, its still no reason to make a quick buck off the people who like the dying cats orchestral masterpieces.

And I find myself listening to E2's soundtrack allot more then I did with E1, so its a improvement.

Wait, no reason? Are you really criticising them of charging for a soundtrack?

• Thumbs Up 7

Then make it more like the Classic mixes of Generations and not this unfitting retro junk that fails to sound retro. There are a few decent tunes in EP2, but they're all way too short and really grate my ears after a while.

The gagging ducks from Oil Desert Act 2's track never fail to make me snicker. XD

I think the music succeeds to sound retro. For example, Sylvania Castle Act 2's theme reminds me of an X Men arcade game from a Burger King play place.

I don't really see what's so funny about the "ducks" in OD2. I really like that part.

I don't really see what's so funny about the "ducks" in OD2. I really like that part.

It's just an odd instrument. The funnier thing is that the cats already happened, so we got to make a continuing joke with E2. And if you don't like the ducks guys, have some cats!

[media=]

Alternatively, enjoy a bastardisation of one of the actual good pieces of music in E2...

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1