Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

tumblr_mjksozQbxp1rikc2ro1_500.jpg

:UUUUUU

Am I the only one who thinks he looks more like a fighting game character than a lawyer?

Apollo met with Naruto.

And under that bandage he has a Sharingan eye hidden :U

• Thumbs Up 1

I've lost the ability to get excited about Ace Attorney news that aren't about localisation and includes dates.

No Ace Attorney Investigations 2. No Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney. Why should we have any reason to think we'll get this game?

Edited by Emmett L. Brown

...Because it's already been confirmed a long time ago? Unless I missed a debunking or something.

Edited by Akihikohikoakikaki

...Because it's already been confirmed a long time ago? Unless I missed a debunking or something.

Ah, then I shall look forward to it being released in Europe in 2016.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've lost the ability to get excited about Ace Attorney news that aren't about localisation and includes dates.

No Ace Attorney Investigations 2. No Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney. Why should we have any reason to think we'll get this game?

Layton/AA ought to come out since Capcom said the localization is all dependent on Level-5, and I doubt they'll pass it up. I'd presume as is the standard Layton localization window it'd be due for a Q4 release.

Anyone else a bit worried that Apollo may have gone to the ~dark side~? The part of his jacket where the attorney badge would be is perhaps purposefully obscured, and he looks a lot meaner with that eyepatch and coat. I'm not sure how they'd explain it without ruining his character, so I am worried that they shoved him unceremoniously into the prosecutor position.

Layton/AA ought to come out since Capcom said the localization is all dependent on Level-5, and I doubt they'll pass it up. I'd presume as is the standard Layton localization window it'd be due for a Q4 release.

This. Layton games usually take around a year to get localised, so this year we'll probably get Layton Vs AA instead of the usual Layton entry and Azran Legacies sometime next year.

AA5 could take forever, we'll probably get that next year too, but I'm just happy we get it at all.

Anyone else a bit worried that Apollo may have gone to the ~dark side~? The part of his jacket where the attorney badge would be is perhaps purposefully obscured, and he looks a lot meaner with that eyepatch and coat. I'm not sure how they'd explain it without ruining his character, so I am worried that they shoved him unceremoniously into the prosecutor position.

Didn't think of that. That'd be... really interesting, actually. Assuming they handle it well.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, he is facing the same direction as prosecutors typically face in AA... Conspiracy!? Phoenix vs Apollo would be an interesting, if bizarre matchup too.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, he is facing the same direction as prosecutors typically face in AA... Conspiracy!? Phoenix vs Apollo would be an interesting, if bizarre matchup too.

It's something I'd be interested to see.

I'm just worried that some shark jumping, plotwise, is going to come along with it.

検察官

This is supposedly "Prosecutor" in Japanese.

Has Court-Records translated any of the text yet?

検察官

This is supposedly "Prosecutor" in Japanese.

Has Court-Records translated any of the text yet?

Well yeah but I don't see that on the scans anywhere.

(kenji in kanji

hehehehehe)

And no but CR is having technical/coding issues with the front page (as per usual)

Edited by SuperLink

I won't lie, Prosecutor Justice would be a very interesting twist like no other. I highly doubt they'd make him evil though, perhaps hardened but it's obvious he and Phoenix would respect each other by the end, if not right away.

And what if he were to still put his "perceive" powers to good use while in the prosecutor's chair...!?

However I'm more willing to bet he joined the police force or investigation team or something. Or maybe he just matured over the years and is a much more hardened defense attorney. Hmm.

YES YES YES YES! Not only is it great that Apollo is not forgotten but he looks badass! However I want to remind everyone that AA 5 only takes place ONE year after AA 4 so whatever happened to Apollo happened in a year. So it's like he has gotten years of experience between 4 and 5 that hardened him.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

He's probably in bandages because he was hurt in the courtroom bombing, which sets up the first case of the game. 

• Thumbs Up 3

tumblr_mjksozQbxp1rikc2ro1_500.jpg

:UUUUUU

Am I the only one who thinks he looks more like a fighting game character than a lawyer?

Actually you know what Apollo now reminds me of now that I think about it?

c6NvUqF.png

Apollo's voice will give us super strength

The bomb was set off at the defense bench. So maybe Apollo was on a case when if went off. Maybe the jacket was put over his shoulders after the last and he was told to keep it, explaining why he isn't using the sleeves. Also the prosecutor vibe probable comes from the high collar, something both Von Karma and young Edgey had. My guess(and hope) is that Apollo Wil have a big role in the game and his beaten up, serious(though he had looked serious before it was more of in a determined sense. The new art seems serious in more of an angry sense to me anyway) and darker look will play an integral part of the game's "Dark Days in Law" theme that was mentioned a while ago.

Actually you know what Apollo now reminds me of now that I think about it?

c6NvUqF.png

Apollo's voice will give us super strength

To me he reminds me of Danzo Shimura

tumblr_mjmdfcH1B21qzp9weo1_500.png

Fanart sure comes out fast these days.

Allegedly, there's no other new information in the magazine, but it still says the release date is 2013. I wonder what that means for the international release.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wonder what that means for the international release.

Probably 2015 at the earliest.

Anyway, with the confirmation of Polly the unoficial pesonal boycott is over. Yay! (Also, the odds on Klavier appearing out of nowhere for the last case a la AA2!Edgeworth has gone up with this reveal)

• 4 weeks later...