Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

Oh hey guys did anything new come ou-

...Tell me whether to explode or to faint.

This is looking freaking gorgeous so far, the music, the character design, the art style... HHHHHHNNNNNGGG

Seriously, I'd either be speechless or have too much to say... This case, speechless. You guys already pointed out how awesome this is turning out to be for me already.

With that said, photoshop awaits

EDIT: AAAAAAAAHHH SCREENS

Phoenix-Wright-5-2.jpg

Phoenix-Wright-5-4.jpg

That's the W-Wright Anything Agency, isn't it?! D-Does that mean...

YES

WE'LL PROLLY SEE TRUCY TOO

CAPCOM, YA BETTER

Edited by Hedgehog Wright (CoN)
  • Thumbs Up 4

Your honor, I would like to present to the topic ...

A brand new trailer!

Oh, finally we can see some of that Bones animation in action and plus all that nice looking gameplay and sweet music, yes!

Oh and about Apollo's bandages.

Yep, he got them from the courtroom expolsion.

58yVBGh.gif Gaf

Ace Attorney 5, I await thee.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's little, but...if Mr. Gramarye has been shown to have such a bad, dark past in the last game, why is his picture still up? I would have thought someone would have taken it down.

It's Ace Attorney. The grand champion of recycled graphics. They'll bring embarrsingly pixelated Ace Attorney 1 Phoenix into Ace Attorney 4 without a second thought, and they'll keep the the graphics of the Wright Anything Agency without hesitation.

Logic be damned, it's cheaper to recycle. Expect that floating spaghetti fork prop to still be around in Ace Attorney 7 if they don't have a new office by then.

Considering what's in the spoiler about Apollo's bandages;

I'm guessing Case3, the case where you supposedly play as him, is set in the past?

• 2 weeks later...

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

Coming to Europe and North America, Fall 2013.

London, UK. — May 13, 2013 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™ - Dual Destinies will be available to purchase digitally on Nintendo 3DS™ across Europe and North America in Autumn 2013.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, previously announced for the West as Ace Attorney™ 5, sees the return of courtroom hero Phoenix Wright. Set eight years since his last appearance in the courts, the first case in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies sees the action start in a destroyed court room. It’s down to Phoenix Wright and his team at the Wright Anything Agency to discover the cause of the destruction. Players will have to battle it out in court against Gaspen Payne, the younger brother of Winston Payne from previous Ace Attorney titles, as they defend the accused.

The much loved gameplay and features from previous titles in the Ace Attorney™ series return but for the first time in stunning 3D graphics, bringing the courtroom and characters to life and putting players directly in the heart of the action. Players will need to investigate each crime scene with the dynamic 3D visuals now making it possible to change views and zoom in on areas to uncover any hidden evidence or clues. In the court room the drama continues as players present their evidence, challenge witnesses and begin to unravel the truth behind each of the cases in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney -Dual Destinies.

Joining Phoenix is the young Attorney Apollo Justice and new Associate Attorney Athena Cykes. Athena’s unique ability to psychoanalyse witnesses introduces a brand new element to proceedings. Using Athena’s ‘Mood Matrix’ players can detect the emotional state of a witness and tell whether they’re surprised, angry, happy or sad. Players can compare these feelings with the statement given by the witness, point out any contradictions between the two and challenge the witness testimony.

For the latest trailer, screenshots and artwork for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies visit the Capcom Europe Press Site www.capcomeuro-press.com

jS7lC5z.jpg

Seems like it's a digital-only title.

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh maaaan get HYPE! I sure as hell wasn't expecting it that soon.

But digital only? Feh. :/ that sucks, that means I can't share my copy with my brother.

As grateful as I am for a localisation I don't wanna buy 2 sorry Capcom x-x though that's more Nintendo's fault for having a crappy account system.

I know people will be mad, but I assume since Investigations 2 was never released in the west, the series doesn't exactly sell much, so it was probably either this or nothing.

Another thing, why is it called Daul Destinies? Press Release says Apollo is also in the game, so there's three main characters then.

Edited by MarcelloF

That is really, really disappointing. I really like to own my games as a cartridge. But meh, as long as the game is fun...

Wow, I'm stunned at how fast that's coming out, even if its digital only. I mean, the main delay is the script, so colour me surprised.

Just makes me wonder what the plan is for Layton VS Ace Attorney now, as I guess this means they're not going to try and use that to push Dual Destinies together...

Digital only, eh? Normally I'd be disappointed, but considering that the series never really sells in big numbers anyway, it's probably for the best.

Yeah a lot of people are complaining but I'm glad we're getting it at all.

Honestly, the issues with being digital-only are far more Nintendo's problem than Capcom's.

The fact that 3DS downloads are tied to one system only is by far the most infuriating thing about Nintendo's digital business for me, and all the time I'm hoping they'll change it to be more "family-oriented" .-. the irony there is hilarious.

Yeah a lot of people are complaining but I'm glad we're getting it at all.

Honestly, the issues with being digital-only are far more Nintendo's problem than Capcom's.

The fact that 3DS downloads are tied to one system only is by far the most infuriating thing about Nintendo's digital business for me, and all the time I'm hoping they'll change it to be more "family-oriented" .-. the irony there is hilarious.

A game that many fans wanted is coming out, and they're still complaining?

*sigh*

*sigh*

I think the grand majority of people complaining are people who have no idea why Capcom have been put in this awkward situation in the first place.

They probably think Capcom West didn't localise AAI2 "because they didn't want to"

Capcom West love Ace Attorney and its fans, they fought for us and I love them for it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think the grand majority of people complaining are people who have no idea why Capcom have been put in this awkward situation in the first place.

They probably think Capcom West didn't localise AAI2 "because they didn't want to"

Capcom West love Ace Attorney and its fans, they fought for us and I love them for it.

I wasn't expecting this till around next year or so, but this Autumn? Wow!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not happy about the digital only part for numerous reasons, but whatever.

So we're getting it this year? There goes another game for my 2013 list.

Another thing, why is it called Daul Destinies? Press Release says Apollo is also in the game, so there's three main characters then.

I'm assuming Dual Destinies is referring to Phoenix and Apollo, not Phoenix and Athena. It would make sense because Apollo is actually playable whereas Athena seems to be an NPC.

*sigh*

They're free to complain. I'm ecstatic to be getting the game in any form, but I'd really like a physical copy, too.

Now the people saying "no retail, no buy" are the ones that completely baffle me.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm assuming Dual Destinies is referring to Phoenix and Apollo, not Phoenix and Athena. It would make sense because Apollo is actually playable whereas Athena seems to be an NPC.

They're free to complain. I'm ecstatic to be getting the game in any form, but I'd really like a physical copy, too.

Now the people saying "no retail, no buy" are the ones that completely baffle me.

Yeah! There's plenty of good downloadable games out there, and at least downloadable titles don't run out of stock like in a shop.

Digital only? I'll admit that I'm a little disappointed. It mostly because -- Oh wait, I never did a introductory freak out about this game. OH MY GAWD! ACE ATTORNEY 5! CAN'T WAIT!!!! DAT GAMEPLAY, DEM GRAPHICS! BADGES! FINGERS! OBJECTION OVERRULED! AAJLALNDDNNAJNJANLNA!! Alrightly, done with that.

It's mostly because I had some pride in having all the cartridges. But I can't really complain. I mean, we're at least getting it -- a LOT sooner than I originally thought, might I add -- and after all...

256px-GK2boxart.jpg

It's situation could be MUCH WOOOOOOOOORSE! ARRRRRRRRRRRRR--

But sweet! Freaking August, dude! Can't wait!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm dissapointed about it being digital only but I'm just grateful we are getting it at all. Definitely think the title refers to Phoenix and Apollo. Also no one better boycott this game because it's digital only. The last thing we need is this game selling badly.

• Thumbs Up 1

URGE TO KILL.. RISING.. etc

If this is actually a thing people are saying, I imagine Capcom Unity will post various statements on why they have to take this option and hope that people understand.. it's likely the reason we all know already, but a lot of casual fans may not be aware.

I'm dissapointed about it being digital only but I'm just grateful we are getting it at all. Definitely think the title refers to Phoenix and Apollo. Also no one better boycott this game because it's digital only. The last thing we need is this game selling badly.

Really? People are boycotting a game they've wanted for years just because they have to download it?