Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

So they got the VA from UMvC3? He seems to be voicing a lot of characters I know lately, including Teddie.

That first Objection was good, but that second one...yeesh.

What's wrong with the second one? I literally didn't even notice they were different clips until you just pointed it out. 

And yeah, it sounds like Sam Riegel, which is cool because I liked his UMvC voice. It's what I imagined his regular speaking voice to sound like. Plus, Ben Judd isn't exactly at Capcom anymore anyway. 

Darn ya beat me to it.

I'm so happy to see Trucy again, she's probably my favourite character! Aaah Trucy!! I can't wait to see how she's changed, I hope she's in it a lot.

EDIT: If Edgy is the Chief Prosecutor, then he probably won't be someone you go up against in court. That is, unless, he's confident of prosecuting someone that the player is defending, we've seen Edgeworth being a good guy way too many times over the last few games to see him "prosecuting for the sake of prosecuting" again.

Edited by SuperLink

Judging by the look of both Phoenix and Edgeworth, that's a flashback case

Ah you're right!

I wonder what could cause them to go up against each other? Unless it's the usual thing they do where they practically help each other out in the courtroom

pWm3Gub.jpg

Edgeworth is Chief Prosecutor

Oh my fuck.

Those glasses.  Those fucking glasses.

11/10 Game of the forever, all forevers.

• Thumbs Up 6

So, here's the game's demo.

I did pretty bad at it considering I know next to no Japanese but I manage to beat it in the first try.

It was pretty close though, I was one more penalty from guilty verdict at the end of the demo, good thing I presented the right thing.

The music is pretty awesome as usual and animation was nice.

You get that trailer Carbo posted once you beat it.

Edited by Rom Spaceknight
  • Thumbs Up 2

..Wait, so if Edgeworth is here, and Trucy...and both of them also have design updates along with everyone else so far...

..Gumshoe?

Oh God please Capcom I'm beggin' ya'!

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I was already considering saving up some money every JSA payment to get a 3ds just for this game when I heard about the two returnees but if Gumshoe appears then I might have to save pretty much all my money for it.

Edited by Gerk Marenghis Darkplace

Info on case 2 of the game.

Heh, the detective sounds like he's going to be hilarious and he has a pretty cool design.

Heck, I think all designs in the game are pretty good so far.

Edited by Rom Spaceknight

That detective does sound hilarious

But man, where's Ema! Or Gumshoe! :(

..Wait, so if Edgeworth is here, and Trucy...and both of them also have design updates along with everyone else so far...

..Gumshoe?

Oh God please Capcom I'm beggin' ya'!

If Edgeworth is Chief Prosecutor...does that mean that Gumshoe may be Police Chief?

• Thumbs Up 1

If Edgeworth is Chief Prosecutor...does that mean that Gumshoe may be Police Chief?

Don't put lofty ideas into his head, his stomach will growl even louder. :(

So Athena is her english name. Another greek name.  Interesting...

THEORY TIME!

In this post I am not saying any of the following means anything. Just that I think it's interesting.

Okay so, anyone here been on the Turnabout forums and seen the whole "Daemon Gant is Apollo's father" theory? 

If you have not, look at it at http://www.pwmusical.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1248

QUESTION: What Does This Have To Do With Athena?

Well, first off I should mention that Athena in Greek Mythology is the daughter of Zeus and sister of Apollo. 

Here is the AA Wiki's trivia on her japanese name. Stuff I feel extra important is highlighted in bold.

• "Kizuki" consists of kanji that can mean "rare" or "hope" (希) and "month" or "moon" (月). This can make herJapanese surname mean "rare moon", "rare month", "moon of hope", or "month of hope".
  • Her given name, "Kokone", consists of kanji that can mean "heart", "soul", "mind", "emotion", "sincerity", "sympathy", or "answer (as in to a riddle)" (心), and "sound" (音). Combined, they mean "(the sound of one's) heartbeat".
  • Her full Japanese name could roughly mean "a heartbeat once in a blue moon". This may be a reference to the "heart scope" ("ココ口スコ‐プ kokoro sukōpu"), the Japanese name for the Mood Matrix.
  • Her given name "Athena" comes from Athena, the goddess of (amongst other things) wisdom, courage, inspiration, law and justice, strategy, and skill in Greek mythology. This is likely meant to link her name with the given names of both Apollo Justice (named after the Greek god of the same name) and Phoenix Wright (whose first name originates from mythology).
  • "Cykes" may be a play on "psychology" or "psyched"

Okay so the Japanese name seems simple enough. It seems to link her to Apollo and Phoenix due to them all look for the truth. Basic enough. However lets look at Apollo, Thalassa and Gant's names.

Apollo's name is admittadly nothing special. It literally means "law boy" "surprise".

Thalassa however is interesting. Her english name is a reference to a see goddess and her japanese name literally translates to "water". This doesn't seem like much but Gant's japanese name contains the kanji for "swimming" and does anyone else remember Gant's love of swimming?

There's also Leto, the titan godess of "being unseen". Fits well for someone who vanished and is associated with magic.

Artemis later became identified with Selene,[2] a Titaness who was a Greek moon goddess, sometimes depicted with a crescent moon above her head. She was also identified with the Roman goddess Diana,[3] with the Etruscan goddess Artume, and with the Greek or Carian goddess Hecate.[4]

trucy-bounceb.gif

170px-Kokone.png

Look at trucy's hair and Athena's earrings....

Well the whole moon thing, I did wonder from point one if Athena was just Trucy with a new alias or something.. but now we know that her and Trucy are separate people.

I still feel like they're related somehow.

So where's Detective Ema Skye

btw I love that idea of Gumshoe being Chief of Police. Especially if he was still as incompetent as ever but everyone under him totally respects him anyway.

Played through the Japanese demo and somehow got through it without any penalties. Sheer luck I guess. While I didn't understand a thing besides the one line that was in English, those animations are fucking gorgeous. Kinda sucks that we're getting it download only, but I really can't complain cause at least we're getting it, and pretty damn soon.

Oh, and Edgeworth in those glasses. <3

• Thumbs Up 2

Ah hell. I stopped following this topic because I didn't see a realistic scenario where I'd get to play it, in English, without moving out of Europe, in the year 2013.

But hells yeah, I'm fine with a digital download since I know perfectly well the alternative would be a localisation either three years from now or never. Did you know Europe got Ace Attorney 3 localised before Ace Attorney 2? And Ace Attorney 4 before either of those? Yeah, it's that bad. I played the original quintology in reverse order because of it (which wasn't that bad, actually. Works well through in medias res).

Not sure if this was seen before, but I found this gif of Edgeworth in the court, looked like it was from AA5, so:

tumblr_mmwgdrjQ5k1sqm001o1_500.gif

You can see the glasses in his coat pocket I think, so he might not be in just flashback cases.

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay so I have a B&N half a mile from my house from which I downloaded a couple of eShop games so digital acquisition shouldn't be a problem for me now.

Only thing I hope though is that AA5 isn't priced as a full retail game. Even if it's $30 I'll be fine with it, although I'd prefer $20.

Hmm... Am I the only one who thinks that Edgeworth may have just snapped and gone back to his old ways?

Quite a worrying thought, but...