Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

Well turns out that the video is just a demo for SDCC and is not in the final game. That's what the people at Court Record are saying anyway. Apparently the writer for the dialogue in the video said it's just for the demo.  So false alarm. 

That rating is real though, obviously. I really wonder what happens to get the game that rating.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond

http://www.p4rgaming.com/capcom-explains-m-rating-for-phoenix-wright-5-we-want-the-call-of-duty-audience/

The most accurate piece of satirical news I've read in a long time! Haha. There's daft joking, and then there's "we genuinely wouldn't be surprised it this was real". Capcom have used that reasoning for what.. 2 or 3 of their beloved franchises already? Ace Attorney is literally like the only Capcom franchise besides SF that's still getting faithful instalments, and who knows how long that'll last.

I'd say M ratings do add to sales just on the basis of being rated M, but considering how irrelevant the ESRB has become, I wonder if it still holds true.

I'm guessing the M rating is due to the bombing? 'Merica is really defensive over that stuff. I doubt anything else will be substantially different from before.

where the fuck is our price and release date

Svensson took it with him when he left

Speaking of which, is anyone else thinking that Svensson leaving Capcom essentially means the western AA fanbase is doomed to never get another AA game or anything cool like Nick in MvC3 again ?

Svensson took it with him when he left

Speaking of which, is anyone else thinking that Svensson leaving Capcom essentially means the western AA fanbase is doomed to never get another AA game or anything cool like Nick in MvC3 again ?

I don't think so. There's bound to be more hardcore AA fans in the division, but Sven was in a higher division was all. Maybe Yuri will take over.

I'm guessing the M rating is due to the bombing? 'Merica is really defensive over that stuff. I doubt anything else will be substantially different from before.

PEGI rating is 16+, which is their equivalent. The Japanese verison has a high rating too, IIRC.

It could be because the game's 3D. I know that at least the ESRB judges games more harshly because it sees 3D as inherently more realistic. Not expecting anything to be much different either. It's funny that it's getting an M rating considering Ace Attorney really is the goofiest shit, but I hope it doesn't hurt sales.

Edited by Solly

Rated M? What the fuck. I fully expect Phoenix to start dropping F Bombs and shit now.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm still waiting for a case that doesn't amount to "someone died, find the killer"

Another charge such as robbery or something would be more interesting.

Rated M? What the fuck. I fully expect Phoenix to start dropping F Bombs and shit now.

"What the fuck?! How can the Prosecution be a goddamn convict?"

• Thumbs Up 4

What about another one that is a straight robbery case with all the trappings, but then (SURPRISE!) it turns out the some dude died in some other part of town?

"What the fuck?! How can the Prosecution be a goddamn convict?"

"You can't fucking object to this evidence!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Case 2-4 did involve kidnapping, which was a much bigger drive behind the case than the actual murder was.

"You can't fucking object to this evidence!"

You know, I just remembered something.

I saw an english translation of the Demo on Youtube. The Judge's dialogue through most of it just amounts to "Ah, Phoenix has returned. Can't wait to watch him bullshit his way through another aquittal."

Case 2-4 did involve kidnapping, which was a much bigger drive behind the case than the actual murder was.

Arguably the only good thing about Justice for All other than Pearl.

It's the same reasons why the previous games were T-Rated. Most likely with the upgrade in graphics, the crimes and crime scenes are a lot more realistic looking and more mature.

Does this mean we can finally have Phoenix make people's head explode when he points his finger at the culprits and calls them out on their contradictory bullshit?

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised this wasn't mentioned yet, but Apollo's Objection 2007 remix was revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFKAgx6-ZnE

I like it. Not sure where the gameplay video it came from is.

Edited by Solkia
  • Thumbs Up 7

Surprised this wasn't mentioned yet, but Apollo's Objection 2007 remix was revealed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFKAgx6-ZnE

I like it. Not sure where the gameplay video it came from is.

Great, but I want a remix of this song for this game too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGF0Vo_8XPY

Edited by Deadly Zec
  • Thumbs Up 3