Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

I can't be a fan and be disappointed in certain decisions? I like intel processors but their LGA 2011 processors are way too overpriced ($1000 for 6 fucking cores, jfc). I.... question whether I like Sonic or not, and, well, you can see where that's going. I like F-Zero, but GP Legend was a terrible game. I like Mega Man X, but 6-8 shouldn't even exist.

Just because I like something doesn't mean I have to like every choice that's made. I was annoyed when Shaun Spencer entered the courtroom, and I'm annoyed now.

I can understand that of course, but I don't understand how the way-cheaper-than-usual price is bad news.

I was 100% anticipating to have to pay £40 for it digitally, £10 more than previous Ace Attorney games. Most physical games' digital equivalents are £35-40 afterall. I couldn't be happier knowing that a game I've been wanting for like 8 years is going to be half the price I was happy to pay for its previous entries.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

About time. Man, October is proving to be the month equivalent of the "Why can't I hold all these _____" meme.

Thank god my birthday is in October. I'll at least get one freebie.

October was obvious, since they did the same thing with Okami HD (no advertising and announce the western release a month before launch), I just wanted to know the day.

I won't have it till probably Q2 next year or so.

Was hoping it'd come out before Pokemon but oh well. I still have time to finish up Apollo Justice and Ace Attorney Investigations.

• 2 weeks later...

As confirmed from the Nintendo Direct, the Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies demo is available now on the eShop.

Time to get a taste of what to expect, ladies and gents! I'm downloading it now, and even though it's downloading fairly quickly for me, IT'S STILL NOT FAST ENOUGH!

That demo was... oh my god.

Having headphones should be mandatory for this game, because the music is so good.  The game is really pretty, the character animations are really lively, the animated cutscens are great, the voice acting is surprisingly great, and...

I need this game.  The wait is too goddamn long.

Edited by Wonder Nix

That demo... Why did it have to end? D: Really looking forward to this game. If I can't afford this month, I'll definitely get it next month. 

Just finished playing the demo.

It's extremely fun, and I'm glad that the tone that we all know and love is still present here!

KaYKKlJ.png

I was slightly hoping for Simon's extra voice clip to be "Shut the hell up", being his Japanese one was "Dama ri nā!" which was basically "Shut it". After hearing that "Silence" in the extra trailer...well I ain't even mad, I like it.

Can't wait for the full game.

*I still want investigations 2 dammit*

Edited by Jetronic

I haven't played a Phoenix Wright game since the 2nd one (difficult to find them in this part of the UK). Just finished playing the demo...

I've fallen in love with the Phoenix Wright series once again! That was an epic demo! I'm a little annoyed from everything I've read about it being download only, but it is sooooo worth it! The upgrade in graphics for the 3DS has been faithful to the feel of the original games.

I'll be preparing to download this one as soon as it's available!

SO GUYS 

GUYS

I PLAYED IT AND LIKE

IT'S SO GOOD? SOOOO GOOOD!!!

GO PLAY THIS SHIT I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE LIKE WALKING YOUR DOG OR TAKING A SHOWER OR SKINNING YOUR CAT JUST GO DO IT OKAY IT'S AWESOME EVERYTHING'S ALL IN 3D AND WHOOSHY AND THERE'S LIKE THESE SUPER SMOOTH AWESOME ANIMATIONS ON THE EMOTION THINGAMAJIG

JUST GO OKAY

seriously its cool go play it

SO GUYS 

GUYS

I PLAYED IT AND LIKE

IT'S SO GOOD? SOOOO GOOOD!!!

GO PLAY THIS SHIT I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE LIKE WALKING YOUR DOG OR TAKING A SHOWER OR SKINNING YOUR CAT JUST GO DO IT OKAY IT'S AWESOME EVERYTHING'S ALL IN 3D AND WHOOSHY AND THERE'S LIKE THESE SUPER SMOOTH AWESOME ANIMATIONS ON THE EMOTION THINGAMAJIG

JUST GO OKAY

seriously its cool go play it

... I'll have what he's haviiiiiiing! [80's smile]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFU8LzWDsXM

Ha ha ha... yeah. But seriously -- Like what him and everyone else said, download this demo. Now. Like, right-freaking now! If you have a 3DS, this should be in your system. If you're doing something else, stop it and focus on this. At a baby shower? Download it anyway. Stuck at a wedding? Jump out the window and run to the nearest McDonalds. Defusing a bomb in a burning orphanage in order to save a litter of puppies and kittens while fighting mutant cyborg ninjas with Jeff Goldblum? It can wait a few minutes!

It's damn good and will kick your hype up to 11. It looks gorgeous, plays well and the 3D really works for it. And the music.... MMMMMMMMMMMMM! So good.

As soon as the stroke of midnight hits on October 24th, I'm downloading the full version.

Edited by Wonder-Unity

Silence? What's the context behing that?

It's Simon Blackquill's extra interjection besides "Objection", he says it whenever he's annoyed.

This game is looking fantastic, everything looks so clean and I have absolutely no complaints about the graphical and aesthetic upgrades. I felt so excited playing this that I forgot that it was a demo; I'm way more excited for this right now than I ever was for Pokemon and it's going to be excrutiatingly painful having to wait for the 24th to come.

And Apollo is adorable, this is probably the first time we've seen him give any sign of respect and admiration for Phoenix ever since the very beginning of case 4-1. I'm hoping we'll see more of that inner fanboy of his later in the game.

I've never played an Ace Attorney game before, but I'm open to try anything, so I'll be downloading the demo.

It better be good as you all say. =D