Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

HD Trilogy on WiiU, via the eShop. Believe.

So when Capcom decides to not bring it to the west you won't be able to play it legally because of region locks? I can believe that ;D

• Thumbs Up 1

Someone on neogaf pointed out something about the logo. Notice the coloring.

zym5E.jpg

It's primarily blue. The logos used for the original 3 Ace Attorney games were also blue.

pHIZY.png

But the Apollo Justice logo is red.

5fEtG.jpg

The logos of these games are meant to match the colors worn by the protagonists. Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations' logo is also purplish.

So if this is the finalized logo and it's keeping with tradition, it's highly possible Phoenix is the protagonist.

• Thumbs Up 2

So if this is the finalized logo and it's keeping with tradition, it's highly possible Phoenix is the protagonist.

It could switch between Phoenix and Apollo, just like Trials & Tribulations switched between Phoenix and Edgeworth.

It could switch between Phoenix and Apollo, just like Trials & Tribulations switched between Phoenix and Edgeworth.

Possible. It would explain why there's no silhouette in the logo.

Or maybe they're trying to keep who the character is a surprise.

Possible. It would explain why there's no silhouette in the logo.

Or maybe they're trying to keep who the character is a surprise.

I could actually see Phoenix pointing to the left, and Apollo pointing to the right as they are facing opposite from each-other.

Although, I could see one side being blue and the other fading to red.

I could actually see Phoenix pointing to the left, and Apollo pointing to the right as they are facing opposite from each-other.

Although, I could see one side being blue and the other fading to red.

Btwhf.png

Like that?

It's a good mockup a NeoGAF user made.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks silly enough to be perfectly feasible!

Apollo is a boring character though, and his gesture pixel hunting action looks out of place compared to Phoenix's seal-breaking deductive reasoning. I'll take the latter any day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks silly enough to be perfectly feasible!

Apollo is a boring character though, and his gesture pixel hunting action looks out of place compared to Phoenix's seal-breaking deductive reasoning. I'll take the latter any day.

And here I thought I was the only one who thought this.

I'll be blunt.

If Apollo is the protagonist, we won't see this one.

If Phoenix is the protagonist, you bet your ass we will. And they'll release it after PLvsAA to boot.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for Apollo, I'm afraid.

And here I thought I was the only one who thought this.

I wouldn't think you'd find too many reviews for the game that didn't agree with you.

I wouldn't think you'd find too many reviews for the game that didn't agree with you.

I don't really watch reviews. But mostly all of the people I've talked to said they loved Apollo Justice. I absolutely hated it.

As stupid as Apollo's gimmick is, I'll be upfront and say that I really wish that Shu's original vision of an Ace Attorney sequel without Phoenix in it would come true, if only because maybe Apollo could have had more space to breathe.

Apollo wasn't necessarily bad or boring, he was just completely inoffensive; being nothing but a vehicle for Trucy, Phoenix and every other character in the plot to proceed. He had some incredibly promising moments that reminded me of when we first got to know Phoenix Wright as well.

I really can't wait for this.

I'll be blunt.

If Apollo is the protagonist, we won't see this one.

If Phoenix is the protagonist, you bet your ass we will. And they'll release it after PLvsAA to boot.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for Apollo, I'm afraid.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Apollo Justice the most successfully sold entry in the franchise, barring the original game?

Trials and Tribulations in particular kicked off rather weak in Europe due to being released after Apollo Justice, and I don't think Australia got the game at all.

Oh wow, I thought another AA game would never happen. Though now I have to be worried about if it will be localized (inb4JapaneseiOSexclusive).

And the logo being blue really worries me, since that implies that it might focus on Phoenix, which I really do not want. His story was wrapped up in the first three games, and Apollo Justice was really hurt by Capcom forcing Phoenix to be put in.

Edited by Ekaje

I really wish that Shu's original vision of an Ace Attorney sequel without Phoenix in it would come true...

It's called Ace Attorney Investigations, and it was awesome. Even if plot-wise they kept it out of court, mechanically it was the exact same system with a far superior Investigation Mode.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Apollo Justice the most successfully sold entry in the franchise, barring the original game?

I'd need to double-check that, but the main reason for that is that the game sold something like 650 000 in Japan - probably because they'd been waiting for a new game for about four years by that point. I don't think it did anywhere near as well in the West as any game with Phoenix in it.

>AA5

Oh. My. Fucking. God. YES.

I woke up on what would normally be a shitty Sunday morning to the announcement of AA5, you have no fucking idea how happy I am.

>AA 1,2,&3 HD

WiiU, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?

While you're at it give us AAI2 please.

Edited by Nix

It's called Ace Attorney Investigations, and it was awesome. Even if plot-wise they kept it out of court, mechanically it was the exact same system with a far superior Investigation Mode.

Shu didn't have anything to do with Ace Attorney Investigations though since he left to work on Ghost Trick, and in my brutally honest opinion I have to say I didn't like Ace Attorney Investigations for anything other than it's writing. The investigation mode was really cool but plot-wise I wasn't exactly as enthralled - the reason being that unlike the other games that set themselves up as multiple court cases with characters and scenarios only having some remote relevance to each other until it all builds into one grand finale, every case in Investigations has to do with one single plot outline that to be honest I didn't find that interesting to begin with, and the final case wasn't as exciting as it was merely annoying during it's final moments.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just gonna get this out of the way and say PWvPL's localization is more in the hands of LEVEL 5's US division, not CAPCOM.

Anyways: I actually hope it's a continuation of Apollo's story. I really like Apollo from how much I've played of AA4.

I'm actually more hoping for this to be another Apollo game than anything else. I believe I remember reading somewhere that they were actually going to be making another game starring Apollo (Though, I'm not sure if it was official..then again, it was the same artical tht mentioned an AAI2 and that happened)

But, in Apollo Justice, they already showed what ends up happening to Phoenix anyways, and they actually make you play through the experience in a flashback case. As much as I loved Phoenix and thought he was an amazing character, I'm really hoping that they'll try moving on. Whether it be a prequel or a sequel of any sorts, Apollo Justice introduced us to so many more interesting characters, but ones that we haven't had a chance to gain much information on. I'm really hoping Capcom chooses to go into this direction and tell us more about Apollo and the rest of the cast. Why do I feel like I'm the only one who loved the Apollo Justice game and character..?

ACE ATTORNEY FIVE! YES! I am so happy! Oh please please please get localized!

Awsome! I not long ago brought every localised Ace Attorney game and now they've announced a 5th game. Please let the 5th game get localised *crosses fingers*

Really looking forward to hearing more about this game. I hope its another game staring Phoenix, though. I never got that far into Apollo Justice because of the time-skip, and the first Miles Edgeworth game changed too much for the worse.

I must be the only AA fan on this site who enjoyed AJ:AA...

Anyway, I'm considering boycotting buying the game if Apollo isn't the protagonist (Or sharing protagonist).