Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

Nevermind I'm confusing myself, I just found it weird that a lot of sites were reporting it as Ace Attorney 123 rather than Gyakuten Saiban 123 or Turnabout Trial 123

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just finished Dual Destinies yesterday, and: Why did nobody tell me that this series is so good?  You see before you a convert, and as usual, it's to a series I could've been playing for years but only just got into.  Hand over that 123 collection, I need it.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, honestly, AA was fine without him. I'd rather he work on something new or Ghost Trick 2. I hope he means a spin off when he says totally different, because I don't want the main series to change all too much.

Just add some cool new things like AA4 and 5. And let me always investigate. And bring back Maya and Gumshoe.

I too would love to see Takumi do something new, but the fact that he's returning to AA leaves me FUCKING STOKED because it 90% likely means that he's got GREAT IDEAS FOR IT.

The main AA team is fine.. but it's imo never been up to Takumi standards. Maybe a spec of new Takumi magic is what they need to make their games even better. Because if Ghost Trick proved anything to me, it's that Takumi's still an amazing director, he was probably just growing tired of AA after working on it for ~6 years straight.

Now he's back after a good break, yea, this is gonna be great, and he'll move on to another unique project after this I'm sure. I wonder if this'll be AA6, or some spinoff?

Ema Skye: Fab Forensic right?

It's called Fab because she amidst her hatred for Klavier, Ema soon realizes that the only way to defeat him is to beat him at his own game

• Thumbs Up 7

• 2 months later...

Takumi's new Ace Attorney game is Dai Gyakuten Saiban.

The game is slated for 3DS. Receiving a formal reveal in Famitsu, the game takes place in the Meiji period.

I can't wait to see Meiji Los Angeles.

>implying this game will get localized ever

Bl0zhXKCcAAiLU0.jpg

https://twitter.com/CourtRecords_

Why Meiji? Probably because a formal penal code was first introduced in Meiji and it marks a transition between the old and the modern.

Full title: Dai Gyakuten Saiban - Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Bouken (Grand Turnabout Trial - The Adventures of Naruhodou Ryuunosuke)

Can't read all in the scan, but Ryuunosuke is introduced as Nick's "forefather" (their quotes).

Ryuunosuke is described as having a burning sense of justice and being danger-prone. Just like Nick. Things don't change after a century.

Geez, are the developers deliberately trying to make the localizers regret their decision to set the localized versions of AA in Los Angeles? I mean, good grief.

Geez, are the developers deliberately trying to make the localizers regret their decision to set the localized versions of AA in Los Angeles? I mean, good grief.

They could just bullshit it by saying it takes place in the late 1800's or that Phoenix's ancestor is from Japan,

I wonder if it'll even get localized at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it probably will. AA5 did fairly well from what I recall. Even if it'll just be digital, I still expect this and AA6 to come over.

As for the whole Japan/America thing, I think the best thing would just ignore the fact that it ever insinuated it's not in Japan. That said, I never minded the whole thing. I'm fine with all the strange characters inhabiting a strange world.

The new character looks a bit more like Apollo than Nick to me.

The main character looks a little generic to me at this point, but it's such a common problem among Japanese media that I'll let it slide.  This should be really quite interesting.  I kind of wonder if the historical setting means that the multi-witness system from Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney might be in, if we're looking at an early period in the formal justice system, but probably they have other ideas in mind.

As for the matter of localisation... well, they have a few ways of handling it, considering that the games market probably no longer needs the illusion of a western setting.  Either ignore the supposed American setting of the localised versions, which was never a good idea in the first place; keep the western setting of the main series but say that Phoenix Wright's ancestors came from Japan; or claim it's America/England and just run with the absurdity of the idea.  They'll probably do the first or the second - assuming it comes west, anyway.

What the fuck.

I'm doubting that Capcom will bother localizing this. Leave it up to them to turn it down due to "cultural barriers" in the translation process.

Looking forward to Henry Wright, Civil War lawyer. Surely we'll see some insightful exploration of Japantown, San Francisco's rich cultural history. 

I love Awkward Zombie.

But it wouldn't be hard to localize it. It's an entirely different time period so it's not like they can't just keep the setting. People have ancestors from different countries all the time.

I love Awkward Zombie.

But it wouldn't be hard to localize it. It's an entirely different time period so it's not like they can't just keep the setting. People have ancestors from different countries all the time.

But it's set in Japan!  Nothing from Japan could ever sell in America!

This is Capcom we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if they found some reason not to bring it over, so until then I'll try not to be excited for this.

Hm, on NeoGAF people were speculating that this would be about the origins of the Fey family. It would've been cool if you partner was Ami. Though, I don't remember when she was supposed to be alive. Hope she has a chance of getting in. Either way, I hope we find out some new things about the Fey family.

Well hey, anyone's better than that fucking Trucy. Ugh...

I like the design of this new assistant, but it would be nice not to have a "genki girl" assistant for a change. Maya, Pearl, Kay, Trucy and even Athena all qualify as such. I'm not big on a lot of Japanese clichés. The anime cutscenes and hammy voice acting in DD were kind of a turn off if I'm honest.

Well hey, anyone's better than that fucking Trucy. Ugh...

B-but, Trucy was the only good part about AA4.

Everyone is better than Maya.