Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

B-but, Trucy was the only good part about AA4.

Everyone is better than Maya.

Trucy was intolerable from start to finish. Shitty, annoying character 101.

I smiled when I game over'd in DD's final case and Wright never saw Trucy ever again.

You guys are unbelievable ohmy.png

What exactly is there about Maya to hate? She's hilarious, she's surprisingly strong as the end of AA3 shows us, she....How can anyone hate Maya?

I smiled when I game over'd in DD's final case and Wright never saw Trucy ever again.

Wow at that spoiler. There's finding a character annoying and there's that.

• Thumbs Up 1

What? Trucy is amazing, don't talk to me.

This is now the "my AA waifu assistant is better than yours" topic

• Thumbs Up 3

I gotta be the only one that didn't find any of them particularly annoying. Couldn't rate them either, all have their ups and downs. If I had to choose, it'd be between Ema and Maya. 

Better than Maya

Wha!? Maya was great! I miss her. :C

omg though this new girl is too cute

url-17.gif

Maya = Athena > Trucy >>> Kaye > Ema

Yeah yeah Maya's great Athena's awesome but we all know who the best assistant really is

U9e8eH8.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

A discussion about best assistants, eh?

Well, for me, there is one specific assistant that stands out from all the rest with their awesome detective skills and hanging out with Phoenix for awhile in Rise From The Ashes.

Dick_Gumshoe_OA.jpg

I actually like them all and can't really choose a favorite, I really hope I like Mikotoba as much as the rest, she already sounds like she is going to be an interesting character.

Yeah yeah Maya's great Athena's awesome but we all know who the best assistant really is

U9e8eH8.jpg

B-b-but he's no a waifu!

Gumshoe is pretty damn awesome. Can't argue about that for a second. Maya and Pearl were great, while Kay was kind of contrived but still enjoyable. And I liked Ema too. But Athena and Trucy both had ridiculously overcooked designs and simply came across as annoying. It's probably got something to do with the fact that by the time of Kay, Trucy and Athena we'd already seen more than one character in a the same position with a similar personality. Apollo is best though. Not in AA4 but in DD.

Athena brought a lot to the table due to being a certified attorney herself, to the point where I hardly consider her to be an assistant because she's as big of a player as Apollo is in the agency. She got shit done and as much as I like Maya, I would never want her or anyone else to replace Athena.

• Thumbs Up 3

Athena brought a lot to the table due to being a certified attorney herself, to the point where I hardly consider her to be an assistant because she's as big of a player as Apollo is in the agency. She got shit done and as much as I like Maya, I would never want her or anyone else to replace Athena.

Attorney or not, she was so irritating. Especially with that voice and those cutscenes... And her design is another issue I take with the series- it's way complex compared to some of the older characters (and Apollo), making her stick out like a sore thumb. The same can also be said of Trucy. And that brings me to something I like about the characters in this new game. They both look to be distinct, and yet they're relatively simple.

I'd argue that the cutscenes didn't do anyone any favours, and shouldn't really be used to pin a character down as annoying.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd argue that the cutscenes didn't do anyone any favours, and shouldn't really be used to pin a character down as annoying.

Good thing it's not the only thing I'm talking about. But regardless, they are a part of the game and just as fair for scrutiny as the rest of it.

Good thing it's not the only thing I'm talking about. But regardless, they are a part of the game and just as fair for scrutiny as the rest of it.

I never said it was.

I never said you did, did I?

Well, I never said you never said I did.

Did I? 

Back on topic: Anyone take a guess on when we'll get the first trailer for this?

• Thumbs Up 1

Back on topic: Anyone take a guess on when we'll get the first trailer for this?

Right now.

Doesn't really show much except some HQ artwork of the main character and his assistant, but that's to be expected considering its only the first trailer. Music is kick ass as always, though. They're working on the subs for it now, by the way.

Oh, the teaser site is also up, not much on there either.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/new-gyakuten/

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, I never said you never said I did.

Did I? 

Well, it would be none other than today.

http://youtu.be/BuIdjU1I-08

No gameplay but we did get learn the main character has a nice hat, I like nice hats.

... Look like NGw00d beat me to it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't wait to see how they try to pretend that this one takes place in America.

If it even gets a Western release, that is.

Nah, I assume they'll keep it set in Japan if we're lucky enough to see it come to our shores. Who's to say Phoenix didn't have Japanese ancestors?

I assume they'll still want the protagonist to be called Wright, though, but I wonder how they'll handle that.  I guess there's a good chance that they'd localise the names to use English-accessible puns anyway, so Wright specifically won't be an issue... it'll be everyone.

I assume they'll still want the protagonist to be called Wright, though, but I wonder how they'll handle that.  I guess there's a good chance that they'd localise the names to use English-accessible puns anyway, so Wright specifically won't be an issue... it'll be everyone.

I hope nobody from Capcom ever sees this. You've just found the perfect excuse for them not to even attempt to localise it.