Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

I must be the only AA fan on this site who enjoyed AJ:AA...

Anyway, I'm considering boycotting buying the game if Apollo isn't the protagonist (Or sharing protagonist).

My only problem with AJ:AA was that Apollo wasn't the star of the show, it was Phoenix again. Don't get me wrong, I do love Phoenix, but Apollo really needed some spotlight, which he never got. Otherwise I enjoyed AJ:AA a lot.

Apollo damn well better be the protagonist in AA5.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I'm going to be narrow-minded and say that I want Phoenix to star again. Just old habits I guess. I wouldn't say no to a dual narrative, however.

• Thumbs Up 2

I must be the only AA fan on this site who enjoyed AJ:AA...

Anyway, I'm considering boycotting buying the game if Apollo isn't the protagonist (Or sharing protagonist).

I liked it, though less so than the original trilogy. I'll also be pretty disappointed if they just go with Phoenix again. Don't know how that would work though unless they retconned AJ or had Apollo be a side character.

Simple answer to all the speculation re: making Phoenix a viable lead again:

The end of AJ makes it clear that Phoenix's name has been cleared and he can retake the bar exam if he so chooses. Whilst he seems to laugh it off at the time, maybe that laugh was a laugh of victory instead, and that's exactly what he does.

FINALLY! I've been waiting for the AA5 announcement for about 4 years now.

Really though, I'm still waiting for Layton vs. Ace Attorney to finally be officially announced outside Japan.

Just a note on Layton VS Ace Attorney. Level 5 are the ones who have the rights to translate and distribute the game, not Capcom. This means that the decision not to localise AAI2 has nothing to do with it. Layton sells big in the US and the UK, so it's very likely to arrive here.

Edited by Big Gerk

Just a note on Layton VS Ace Attorney. Level 5 are the ones who have the rights to translate and distribute the game, not Capcom. This means that the decision not to localise AAI2 has nothing to do with it. Layton sells big in the US and the UK, so it's very likely to arrive here.

I already pointed this out earlier. Hell, I asked CoA about the game during one of their Q&A sessions months ago and they said LEVEL 5 US had more control than they did.

• 7 months later...

Looks like it's coming to 3DS.

Ace Attorney 5, otherwise known as Gyakuten Saiban 5, is coming to Nintendo’s latest portable. This week’s Famitsu reveals that the game is in the works for the 3DS.

Based on what’s leaked out so far, it seems that you’ll be playing out as Phoenix Wright. It’s a fresh start for players. It also looks like there’s a mysterious new female partner with a yellow dress.

Phoenix seems to be the main character again.

Another link from Andriasang.

For Ace Attorney 5, the magazine confirms the sequel's platform as 3DS and reveals that Phoenix Wright is the main character. Wright has a new partner, a mysterious girl in yellow clothing. This girl will be a central figure in the game.

I'm hoping Shu Takumi is really involved in this.

I'm really excited, and cautious at the same time. I ended up playing the original trilogy all in a row, last winter. It left a really big impression on me, and it was an experience I kinda wish I could do over. Just because.

Edited by Solly
  • Thumbs Up 2

Phoenix is the main character again? I'm not surprised. Apollo was barely any more than a surrogate for Phoenix that didn't take in the 4th game anyway.

inb4 Sean rages

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm. I really do wish they'd have given Apollo another chance; he didn't really get the recognition he deserved in his own game.

I love Phoenix and all, but I kind of see him the same way as I do Solid Snake; he's an old champion who's done some great stuff, but his story is over now. Let's move on to the next ace attorney.

Super excited either way, though. Even though I'd prefer someone else, I'm definitely still up for another Pheonix Wright story.

Hm. I really do wish they'd have given Apollo another chance; he didn't really get the recognition he deserved in his own game.

I love Phoenix and all, but I kind of see him the same way as I do Solid Snake; he's an old champion who's done some great stuff, but his story is over now. Let's move on to the next ace attorney.

Super excited either way, though. Even though I'd prefer someone else, I'm definitely still up for another Pheonix Wright story.

I disagree.

Apollo justice is based 7 years after Trials and Tribulations IIRC. There's a big void of untold story that I think needs answering.

I disagree.

Apollo justice is based 7 years after Trials and Tribulations IIRC. There's a big void of untold story that I think needs answering.

Is it? I thought it was a lot less than that, but I haven't played the game in years, so I'm not sure.

Regardless, I figure case 3-5 is one of the greatest conclusions in... anything ever, really. It was a great way to conclude Phoenix's own story and the overarching plot of the Fey family and their shenanigans.

This is also a more personal thing, but it'd be a bit odd to me to see Phoenix operating without Maya or Pearl for an entire game. I missed them in Apollo Justice. :P

Oh I agree on Maya and Pearly. AJ didn't answer anything regarding those two, which really annoyed me, as I said on the first page.

Phoenix got disbarred two months after T&T if I'm not mistaken (during which the entirety of both Edgeworth games occurs), and he spent those seven years obsessing over one case.

Not much else to say about what he did before AA4, really. As for Maya and Pearl, they probably went back to their village right after T&T.

I'd have to play it again to be sure. Last time I played it was 2008 I believe.

Still want to know what the hell happened to those 2.

I really do not think there's much to answer regarding those two, like I just pointed out. It was explicitly stated that Maya was to be the future chief of her village, and it was a major plot point in the second and third games. If they're not with Phoenix, then they're at Kurain. It was obvious they weren't going to be hanging with him forever.

Also it's implied in AJ that he does keep in touch with them.

They might just go all out and retcon the entirety of AJ, for that matter. It isn't as if the whole thing didn't become a clusterfuck after the 2/3rds mark anyway. Not that I think they should, but this is Capcom after all.

Edited by Tornado

Waaaaaaaaait hold on a sec I didn't actually realize there was some news on this, I thought were just randomly talking about Ace Attorney agai-

> Phoenix Wright

> No Apollo

> No Trucy

> No Detective Skye

w7e784.png

Now I'm not entirely against this seeing as how I didn't actually entirely like what they did with Phoenix in AJ, but I also love that game's characters and I am sorely depressed that what little chance we had of ever seeing them again are now officially out the window. I would have taken a continuation of AJ over a retcon that forgets about Phoenix's disbarment.

And if this is a retcon then it also gets rid of the single best thing to come out of AA4, which was Phoenix getting an adorable daughter and then being amazing together.

Fabulous.

EDIT: Oh look we have scans pictures jesus god why is it that no one ever fucking scans this shit?

http://i.imgur.com/vdny1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YrH65.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hy2MD.jpg

Mmm I love Phoenix's new look. Is that... a bang of hair? And a pocket watch!?

2nlh4le.png

aapic1.jpg

aapic2.jpg

aapic3.jpg

- Producer: Motohide Eshiro

- Music: Noriyuki Iwadare

- Scenario director: Go Yamazaki

- Wright’s mysterious female partner will be revealed at TGS

- Take’s place one year after the fourth game, as Phoenix Wright

- Begins as an explosion hits the courthouse

- A high school girl, Shinobu, is charged with the crime

- She’s weak and can go into spasms at any moment

- Phoenix Wright will face off against Winston Payne’s brother

- 3 screenshots in Famitsu

- Fully 3D characters

- Likely can give certain facial expressions during testimony, as there are facial expression icons on the lower screen

- Shu Takumi not fully involved with Ace Attorney 5 since he’s busy with Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney

Phoenix and Trucy are quite the pair, I'll give you that. I will be sad to see Trucy go.

Apparently Shu isn't working on this one, and it takes place 1 year after AA4

Goddammit I was ninja'd

Edited by Solkia-kun

- Take’s place one year after the fourth game, as Phoenix Wright

OH, maybe we'll see Trucy then, I hope.

I have a feeling that they won't take the changes in the legal system from AA4 into account for this game.

Wasn't the only change that it became jury-based? All they'd really have to do is write the ending dialogue for each case slightly differently from before. :P

I honestly would have liked to see it implemented in such a way that it changes up the Ace Attorney formula a bit rather than just change a few lines of dialogue.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm... speaking hypothetically, they could have a big bar with a cursor in the center that shifts to the left (guilty) or right (not guilty) depending on what happens in the case; it'd be a neat way to show the progression of any given case (plummeting when the prosecutor pulls out some surprise evidence, or jumping up when you corner a witness).

I wouldn't really mind if they kept it the same though, myself.