Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

Not that it is a surprise but the Judge is in the game, plus how Wright himself looks in the game.

341390.jpg

I like Wright new look.

Edited by 16-bit Marty

I like the looks of it...I'd buy me a 3DS to play it...OH! Whenever Capcom wants to make a western release

This might just be me being stupidly optimistic, but this is probably getting localized. The Phoenix Wright HD trilogy on iOS will be seeing Western release, and Phoenix is a pretty popular character. More marketable than, say, Edgeworth.

Plus Capcom's never made a bad decision, r-right?

I'm liking what I see so far...

But are any of the other characters returning with updated designs? I think it'd be pretty interesting.

Also the 3D mixed with 2D expressions and sprite-ish liberties done with them seem awkward. Hopefully when we see it in motion it'll look better.

I wouldn't say the iOS ports mean anything. They seem to fancy the iOS now for some reason.

My point is that they're still pushing the franchise in the West. Even if it's just iOS, there was a lot of speculation the HD trilogy wouldn't see the light of day here.

And yes, Phoenix is looking quite dapper with his redesign.

Just noticed now that even the damn logo takes into account Phoenix's hair lock.

Major disappointments aside, I am already mildly interested in this game for Phoenix's design alone, which is really snazzy and I think reflects his experience in the field. Though I just hope this game doesn't fall into the same mistakes that AAI made by trying to outdo itself by the minute, to the point where the player just get increasingly tired with each new plot development that occurs.

Phoenix again? Man, I kind of wanted Apollo to be the star-

>sees Phoenix's new look

-never. I never wanted Apollo to be the star, Phoenix is very welcome to stay.

• Thumbs Up 7

Doubt it. Gumshoe is in Europe with Edgeworth.

I can imagine Edgeworth as the new Chief Prosecutor.

Speaking of prosecutors...Payne's brother looks badass :P

Speaking of Payne, did he retire or something?

And if this is the typical AA first case, who is the new Prosecutor Phoenix will face throughout the rest of the game?

Winston Payne's brother is back to avenge him!

Because sibling-based revenge has worked so well so far in this series.

• Thumbs Up 4

This looks great already, but I can't help but be disappointed by the blatant shafting of Apollo. I actually liked the character a lot as well as Trucy.

Winston Payne's brother is back to avenge him!

Because sibling-based revenge has worked so well so far in this series.

I WAS LOOKING FOR DAHLIA HAWTHORN PICTURES TO USE AS A REPLAY TO THIS AND I FOUNAFDGHSADFSDGF

ngbbs4e3c8f1ece153.jpg

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

I WAS LOOKING FOR DAHLIA HAWTHORN PICTURES TO USE AS A REPLAY TO THIS AND I FOUNAFDGHSADFSDGF

ngbbs4e3c8f1ece153.jpg

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT

Yeah, and then in Turnabout Storm, it actually turns out Phoenix's new look stems from fashion advice he got from Rarity.

Wait.

• Thumbs Up 3

tumblr_m9uxovYVhx1qipzzwo1_r1_500.png

But yeah, I like his new look too. Could have done without the bang, but whatever.

Edited by Solkia-kun
  • Thumbs Up 4

That new girl...I'm preety sure she might be an apprentice that Wright took (At first I though Pearl but...no way she would get that modern...also doesn't look like her at all :P)

Then the 1st case...this is a wild guess but

Since the first case is a bomb in the courthouse...I though that maybe the real culprit was Payne's brother to avenge him and found the chance to pin it on that schoolgirl...but maybe we should wait to have more details before jumping to conclusions.

The fact that we're focusing on Phoenix yet again doesn't mean that Apollo won't be in this in some capacity. Nick did say as a sort of sequel tease in the ending of that game that he "might take the bar exam again".

That said despite me looking heavily forward towards this I have a slight feeling that there's a narrative crutch this title has going for it which might hamper the character development. I really couldn't imagine the Phoenix Wright of AA4 actually go back to being that relatable and likable character he used to be without it feeling backward. I realize he still had a few human moments when you actually played as him during the Mason segments but overall he's grown up and matured as a lawyer. His somewhat all-knowing nature of AA4 is going to seem really out of place if we revert to the personality that everyone really wanted of him.

Alright, I look forward to playing this game in, oh...2015-16. And then Ace Attorney Investigations 2 in 2017.