Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

So that's... four different prosecutors in this game?  Are they all actually going to prosecute at some point?  I'm wondering how everything is going to fit together...  It looks like the approach to returning characters is mostly just attuned towards those from Apollo Justice onwards.

Demo is up on the Eshop, assuming it's anything like Dual Destines demo, it's most likely just the web demo with a couple of extra things..

Also, live show on the 17th, it will most likely show the final trailer for the game

Also, unlike last time, it's going to be streamed on Youtube, so you don't have to go onto any streaming site you barely know about to see it, and considering the nightmare of a spam chat the last one I went to had, I'm thankful for that.

English title might be Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice

Today saw the release of the Ace Attorney 6 demo on the Japanese eShop, and while that's all well and good, what's more interesting is something not ordinarily accessible in the game.

Dumping the demo reveals the demo file's English name is coded as "Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice"

http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31907

I don't know. It fits for what we've seen, but I don't think it rolls of the tongue as nicely as previous titles.

If it's true, then yeah, maybe Dual Destinies & Spirit of Justice should have swapped titles.

DD sounds more fitting for the 6th game and SoJ sounds more fitting for the 5th

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's that game key art, all nice and HQ.

29344a0abb28a0c25d3b608113a2c723d2c6e878

Following up on the previous post about datamining the demo...  Examining the system script files for the demo reveals a few interesting strings: 

Quote:
遊べる! 逆転劇場
~成歩堂龍一編~
は、第1話クリア後から
お楽しみいただけます。 遊べる! 逆転劇場
~王泥喜法介編~
は、第1話クリア後から
お楽しみいただけます。 特別編『時を越える逆転』
は、第1話クリア後から
お楽しみいただけます。

Translation wrote:
Playable! Turnabout Drama ~Phoenix Edition~ can be played after clearing episode one.
Playable! Turnabout Drama ~Apollo Edition~ can be played after clearing episode one.
Special Episode, "Turnabout Across Time", can be played after clearing episode one.

The former two strings refer to the preorder-exclusive mini-eps; on the other hand, this is the first we've heard of any "Turnabout Across Time", and the language indicates it's a piece of DLC similar to the others. Adding to this is the fact it's referred to as "Special Episode", the same as Turnabout Reclaimed was.  If that's not enough? Well, there's also the fact the strings for the episode's chapter select are embedded in the data as well, and indicate a full-length case featuring an as-yet-unnanounced returning character.  Sounds like this is one of the announcements we'll hear at next week's livestream!

Well now,  this is certainly a real kicker. http://www.forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31908

The plot thickens yet again. 

English trailer 

Hosted by....Capcom of France of all people! ? FOR real? ?

Seems to be hinting at a September release. 

SAN FRANCISCO — May 11, 2016 — Today, Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, has confirmed that the much-anticipated next installment in the Ace Attorney® courtroom drama series will make its way to North America and Europe as Phoenix Wright®: Ace Attorney® – Spirit of Justice. This narrative adventure stars beloved defense attorneys Phoenix Wright and Apollo Justice and sees the return of many familiar faces alongside some interesting new additions. The title will be released as a digital download in the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems in North America and Europe in September this year at an MSRP of $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice sees Phoenix in a brand new location: a courtroom situated in the Kingdom of Khura’in, origin of the Kurain Channeling Technique, where mysterious séance trials decide the fate of all defendants. Brand new to the series is the Divination Séance gameplay mechanic that allows the player to revisit the last moments of a victim’s life. Players must fight to unravel the discrepancies and contradictions between the Royal Priestess’s Insight and what is shown in the séance. Meanwhile, defense attorney Apollo Justice faces his own challenges holding down the fort at the Wright Anything Agency, as he takes on a case that will have explosive implications. Both our heroes are joined by a host of returning friends and adversaries in their fight to bring about justice.

The new game is filled with puzzling cases to solve using popular investigative techniques from previous installments. More details on gameplay features will be revealed in the coming months, so stay tuned!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1217419

A bit more expensive than Dual Destinies. Unless DLC is included this time?

Digital download only again? Goddamn Capcom, I want the box

Also, I think Apollo has a new voice actor

• Thumbs Up 2

On that matter: .eJwNwcENwyAMAMBdGACbIAjk20d_UVewCCKRkhp

Heh,  bet no one else can get the name pun:

Spoiler

"I'll be your guide".

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Athena Cykes said:

And, why is Khura'in spelt like that when it's been spelt Kurain in previous games

Only the kingdom is spelled like that. "(...) a courtroom situated in the Kingdom of Khura’in, origin of the Kurain Channeling Technique"

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Only the kingdom is spelled like that. "(...) a courtroom situated in the Kingdom of Khura’in, origin of the Kurain Channeling Technique"

Ooh, that makes... slightly more sense, I guess? That should probably be a consistent name.

3 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

Ooh, that makes... slightly more sense, I guess? That should probably be a consistent name.

I guess, yeah.

Anyway, the first defendant, a tour guide, is named "Ahlbi Ur'Gaid" lol

My understanding regarding the spelling of Khura'in is that the Japanese spelling of the country's name is also in some way slightly different from the familiar version, though I never saw the exact difference explained.

Here's the final JP trailer of AA6:

Heh,  you won't believe your ears at the very end! 

Here's a rather noticeable shot in the trailer:

Spoiler

GJpyAuu.png

Edgeworth appears in the Regular Court, I wonder, could this be hinting a Edgeworth vs. Apollo case? Interesting.

Here's the final Japan trailer all fixed up!

Would you believe that Capcom themselves uploaded a glitched ending that skipped at ze end? XD! Now as for summing up the ending of that trailer:

https://images-1.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwOi8vaS5pbWd1ci5jb20vb254Yk5LTi5wbmcifQ.MAm72O1e982DkePI2j3mztNwGo0.png

Spoiler

Looks like we may be getting a courtroom battle of Phoenix vs Apollo.

On 5/11/2016 at 11:47 AM, Athena Cykes said:

And, why is Khura'in spelt like that when it's been spelt Kurain in previous games

It's because even in the original Japanese dubs the two are actually spelled differently.  This is to help differentiate them properly. 

On 5/11/2016 at 7:48 AM, Marcello said:

That "as-yet-unnanounced returning character" better be Gumshoe.

Word from dataminers has it that one of the returning characters is

Spoiler

Larry Butz

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, IniMeenieMiney-Jo-Vahexeon said:

Word from dataminers has it that one of the returning characters is

Hide contents

Larry Butz

809.gif

CAAAPCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM-

• Thumbs Up 1

Well guys it's official

Spoiler

As leaked from the demo, Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice will indeed feature a DLC episode... and it features a familiar face or two to boot!

ImageImage

Set after the end of Spirit of Justice, the episode sees Phoenix and Maya facing off against Edgeworth in court, with Larry appearing as well. The episode will be free to download from June 30th to July 20th, and will be a paid download afterwards.

Details will be discussed on tonight's livestream, though Famitsu's preview of the court skit they'll be using suggests "a wedding ceremony" and "time travel" will be the theme of the case.

The DLC: "Turnabout Across Time" will be set some time after the end of Spirit of Justice, and yes, you-know-who

On 5/14/2016 at 9:41 AM, IniMeenieMiney-Jo-Vahexeon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Larry Butz

makes their official return here!

• Thumbs Up 1