Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

In latest Ace Attorney news, there's a new Ace Attorney Pachislot set of machines in production set ot relase in the area of May this year.

http://www.enterrise.co.jp/
http://www.fields.biz/ir/j/files/press/ ... 70324a.pdf

Not to be confused with pachinko machine games, and this one is being made by Capcom subsidiary Enterrise, instead of Heiwa.

We've got two trailers so far.

Funny thing is that these HD 3d models certainly wouldn't look too out of place in an official handheld trilogy remake. *cough*cough* ahem.

A remake? Ok then... If those models are not going to be used in a game I'll be dissapointed.

You know what's a good idea for them to do now with those models? Cases from older games that were never mentioned with the same music and style from respective games.

A game with different lawyers (and prosecutors) in every case.

Case 1 Mia and Phoenix 

Case 2 Apollo and Trucy 

Case 3 Edgeworth and Kay

Case 4 Athena and Blackquill

Case 5 Phoenix and Maya

http://store.steampowered.com/app/600830/

header.jpg?t=1490892028
Adapted from the popular video game franchise, Ace Attorney follows rookie lawyer Naruhodo Ryuuichi (Phoenix Wright) and his assistant Mayoi (Maya) as he defends his clients in a court of law. With limited evidence and logic as his only weapon, can Naruhodo turn the case around when all the odds are stacked against him?
User reviews:
Overall:
No user reviews
Release Date: Mar 30, 2017
Popular user-defined tags for this product:

Funnily enough, episodes from the anime are available and purchasable on Steam at the moment.

So I recently started playing this series and I'm really impressed by the first game's quality. I especially have to point out Rise from the Ashes as being a perfect expansion to the original game even though it comes after the original game's conclusion. It continues the character arcs of the original episodes of the game, manages to bring the stakes for the case higher than Turnabout Goodbyes, and doesn't feel like a rethread of Turnabout Goodbyes despite having a similar structure. On top of that, the touchscreen mechanics used for interacting with evidence are top-notch, with an immense variety of actions and skills required. They control really well too, and I'm hoping they added this kind of bonus case to the rest of the original trilogy.

So today I started playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All (That's one long name) and finished it's first episode, The Lost Turnabout. It presumably takes place the same courtroom from the first game, (it looks the same to me anyway) yet the music is all different. It feels out of place for some reason. Maybe it's because I associate music with locations too much.

• Thumbs Up 2

My first experience with Ace Attorney was binging my way through all three games in the original trilogy a couple of years ago. And I had exactly the same thoughts about you concerning the music. It felt so wrong to hear all this new, darker and moodier music replacing everything that is already grown to love. But give it time to settle in, and hope you'll come to appreciate how the music captures the individual games very well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Justice for All isn't exactly the greatest. I'm going to give you a fair warning, when you reach Case 3, just use a walkthrough and get through that shit ASAP. It's legitimately one of the worst cases in the series with huge leaps in logic, awful music, and terrible characters. 

A lot of people (myself included) will say that Justice For All's final case is the absolute best in the series though.  It's a shame the rest of the game is so unremarkable and often times outright bad, because the last case is really good.

• Thumbs Up 1

The last case is extremely good. Just be careful at the very end because there's a point you have to show certain evidence to get a certain person to testify, and if you get it wrong, you get a bad ending.

4 minutes ago, Nix said:

A lot of people (myself included) will say that Justice For All's final case is the absolute best in the series though.  It's a shame the rest of the game is so unremarkable and often times outright bad, because the last case is really good.

Me personally, while I love that case, I do find it a bit overrated considering some of its padding. Of course, I'm speaking as someone who's favorite case in JFA is 2-2!

Anyway @Cheawn JFA is pretty great, but yeah, it's got less cases than the first game, and yeah, the third case is considered by many to be the worst case in the series if it's not the third case of Ace Attorney 4 or the godforsaken finale of the crossover.

No, not the final case of the crossover between Phoenix and Layton, literally the finale as soon as the "Final Witness" starts speaking. *Shudder*

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

No, not the final case of the crossover between Phoenix and Layton, literally the finale as soon as the "Final Witness" starts speaking. *Shudder*

There's a cross over between Professor Layton and Ace Attorney?

Spoiler

we don't talk about PLvsAA

we especially don't talk about its finale

holy shit I'm mad just thinking about it

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Nix said:

There's a cross over between Professor Layton and Ace Attorney?

Hide contents

we don't talk about PLvsAA

we especially don't talk about its finale

holy shit I'm mad just thinking about it

Why yes, yes there is!

I mean to be fair.....

Spoiler

Up until the finale, that game was pretty keen, especially the first half, albeit the Ace Attorney side did kinda get shafted here and there!

• Thumbs Up 1

I personally think 6-5 takes over as my favourite case now because man oh man, if Apollo wasn't my favourite character before that he certainly is now. He went through so much shit leading up to that and it was resolved so well.

Just now, Apollo Justice said:

I personally think 6-5 takes over as my favourite case now because man oh man, if Apollo wasn't my favourite character before that he certainly is now. He went through so much shit leading up to that and it was resolved so well.

Implying Apollo isn't one of the best due to sass factor.

I legit think one of my favourite lines from the games was in 4-3 when he stealth-insults Gavin. 

Spoiler

Speaking of which, I need to get back onto Apollo Justice, since I still have the last two cases to do, then move onto Dual Destinies. 

Oh ho, yeah about 6-5. I've noticed that with the even numbered Ace Attorney games, the finale cases don't turn out to be my favorites in their respective games. Course with Ace Attorney 6 while the 3rd case is my favorite, it was a REALLY narrow win. Like seriously, man Turnabout Revolution was an absolute masterpiece that pulled a Bridge to Turnabout tier level of tying things all together magnificently!

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Implying Apollo isn't one of the best due to sass factor.

I legit think one of my favourite lines from the games was in 4-3 when he stealth-insults Gavin. 

Speaking as someone who actually likes 4-3 more than I hate it, yeah, that was one of the nifty features in that case.

Speaking of which, how is Turnabout Serenade doing for ya?

Just now, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Oh ho, yeah about 6-5. I've noticed that with the even numbered Ace Attorney games, the finale cases don't turn out to be my favorites in their respective games. Course with Ace Attorney 6 while the 3rd case is my favorite, it was a REALLY narrow win. Like seriously, man Turnabout Revolution was an absolute masterpiece that pulled a Bridge to Turnabout tier level of tying things all together magnificently!

Speaking as someone who actually likes 4-3 more than I hate it, yeah, that was one of the nifty features in that case.

Speaking of which, how is Turnabout Serenade doing for ya?

I'm at the literal very start of the case (right after Ema walks in) so I couldn't really tell you apart from Ema acting out of character and Apollo's greatest burn ever.

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Ema acting out of character

In the whole game in general, or just OOC for that particular game itself? :yummy:

Just now, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

In the whole game in general, or just OOC for that particular game itself? :yummy:

All I know is compared to her original personality, she seems OOC in Case 2 and the beginning of Case 3. 

Although considering Phoenix is in that category too...

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

All I know is compared to her original personality, she seems OOC in Case 2 and the beginning of Case 3. 

Although considering Phoenix is in that category too...

Yeaaah. I mean in her case,yeah she's bummed that she didn't get her dream job. Buuuut she does admittedly get a bit too moody for her own good depending on how much you're willing to put up with her (especially with her being the new recurring detective).

And Phoenix. Yeah, I'll admit, it might be best to wait until the end of the game to fully see what's going on with Nick. Though I'll admit, I had similar feelings as you currently do when I was at that point in the game.

Ema's bitchiness made her hilarious in my eyes. Phoenix's characterization was weird because even in the flashback case, which only takes place a month or so after AA3, he acts like a smug jackoff in desperate need of a punch to the face. I almost don't feel sorry for what happened to him.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case any of y'all here are unaware,  as of May 2017, Capcom finally grew the brains to make the mobile version of Dual Destinies available on android and give it the mobile accessibility that it was begging for!

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/24/ace-attorney-dual-destinies-comes-android-devices/

Now here's a real kicker. 

Recently, Capcom have been cracking down on DGS translations that have been online for quite some time,  fully completed,  but have left the AAI2 fan localization cleanly alone. 

Now,  with DGS 2 being reported as practically the second half of the game DGS should've been, and with the recent revelation of events such as the Metroid  2 remake's unveiling,  a lot of hopeful folks are pointing to this as a possible sign that DGS 1 & 2 could very well be on the road to being localised officially.  Potentially even as a combined pack. 

Hoping that's the reason and not Capcom just being jerks. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 5 weeks later...

Even the "worst game" in the great Ace Attorney series is a good game in its own right, in my mind. It's like how people say in the Zelda community, "there isn't a bad Zelda game" (with the obvious willful ignorance of the CD-I games).

Spoiler

But honestly, my least favorite game in the AA series is AA2, as I only truly liked the second and last cases in that game. And I just -really- hate Turnabout Big Top for various reasons (I didn't like the client, the real murderer wasn't even a part of the actual case until the last third of it, the music got annoying and was repetitive, Moe is annoyingly unfunny, and etc). I'll take Trucy's panties joke told ad nauseum over Moe anyday. Plus they managed to make Oldbag much more annoying than she ever had been before (though they undid that after AA2).