Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

Unless they're physical releases I'll pass on the compilations. I have 1-4 on DS and 5/6 on 3DS so I have no need to rebuy any of the 3DS or Switch remasters.

Will definitely pick up AA7 regardless of who is in the starring role. Admittedly, while I would prefer another game starring Apollo or even maybe one with Athena, Phoenix didn't get a whole lot of focus in AA5 or 6 (even less so in 6), so I would also be happy to see him take center stage again after all these years. I also think the gimmick of playing as multiple attorneys is wearing a little thin, so if he truly is the only protagonist in 7 I wouldn't be against that.

• Thumbs Up 3

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-15/funimation-reveals-ace-attorney-anime-english-dub-cast/.124032

The English cast for the anime has been announced:

Eric Vale as Phoenix Wright

Lindsay Seidel as Maya Fey

Christopher Wehkamp as Miles Edgeworth

Josh Martin as Larry Butz

Bryan Massey as Dick Gumshoe

Colleen Clinkenbeard as Mia Fey

Kent Williams as Judge

Jeannie Tirado as April May

Kara Edwards as Cody Hackins

Janelle Lutz as Dee Vasquez

Anthony Bowling as Gregory Edgeworth

Jessica Peterson as Franziska Von Karma

Philip Annarella as Jack Hammer

Bill Jenkins as Manfred von Karma

Blake Shepard as Robert Hammond

Whitney Rodgers as Lotta Hart

Phil Parsons as Marvin Grossberg

Terri Doty as Misty Fey

Anastasia Munoz as Wendy Oldbag

Gregory Lush as Winston Payne

Chris Rager as Will Powers

Larry Brantley as Redd White

Ben Phillips as Frank Sahwit

Tyler Walker as Sal Manella

R Bruce Elliott as Yanni Yogi

Jill Harris as Phoenix Wright (Young)

Apphia Yu as Miles Edgeworth (Young)

Steph Garrett as Larry Butz (Young)

Greg Dulcie as Narrator

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, dwibs93 said:

Jill Harris as Phoenix Wright (Young)

Apphia Yu as Miles Edgeworth (Young)

Steph Garrett as Larry Butz (Young)

Huh,  so unlike the original Japanese dub,  they'll actually sound like kids this time. :P

46 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

Huh,  so unlike the original Japanese dub,  they'll actually sound like kids this time. :P

Wait, they didn’t in the original version?

16 minutes ago, dwibs93 said:

Wait, they didn’t in the original version?

From what I recall they had the same actors who played their adult versions also play their kid counterparts. 

35 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon said:

From what I recall they had the same actors who played their adult versions also play their kid counterparts. 

Unless they have good range, that sounds like it backfired 

34 minutes ago, dwibs93 said:

Unless they have good range, that sounds like it backfired 

They tried and the outcome is......debatable to say the least.

I hardly recognize any of those names, but I don't think that's a bad thing. A lot of my favorite VAs are newer ones. Though I'm surprised they didn't have Riegel come back for Phoenix.

6 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

I hardly recognize any of those names, but I don't think that's a bad thing. A lot of my favorite VAs are newer ones. Though I'm surprised they didn't have Riegel come back for Phoenix.

That struck me as a bit odd too, since Funimation sometimes manages to get original casts for dubs of anime even if they aren’t based in Texas.

We now have our first sneak peek of the Anime's english dub.

• Thumbs Up 1

This launch trailer cues for the upscaled and in rich 3D, return of the Chords of Justice!

Is there any point or motivation to buy AA4? Like, at all? I already have the original DS cartridge so I don't really see a point in buying the same game twice. It doesn't seem to be adding anything new apart from upscaled graphics and non-compressed music. Which doesn't really interest me enough to consider double dipping. I'm already pissed at Capcom after AA6 so I might give this a hard pass.

29 minutes ago, Red said:

Is there any point or motivation to buy AA4?

Well for starters,  people who haven't obtained it already or want all Ace Attorney games on one system. :U

Just now, Red said:

I don't mean other people. I'm talking about my case specifically.

If you have a Switch, I'd wait til we get confirmations about the collections.

2 minutes ago, Red said:

I don't mean other people. I'm talking about my case specifically.

What was the point of bringing that up then? I mean,  asking that when you don't have a reason to buy it kinda yields the answer already. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sooo, uhm... can Investigations 2 get localized now with the excuse of making a mobile port? Pretty please?

4 minutes ago, Radiant Christmas Ike said:

Ace Attorney Investigations - Miles Edgeworth is on mobile devices now.

Screenshot_2017-12-08-15-18-09.png

I'm like 90% sure this confirms the Switch collections. There was no fanfare for a Edgeworth release on mobile so this confirms the theory that:

Collection 1: Phoenix Wright/Justice For All/Trials and Tribulations/Apollo Justice (Possibly?) 

Collection 2: Edgeworth Investigations 1/Investigations 2(Hopefully if they see this as successful enough?)/Dual Destinies/Spirit of Justice.

26 minutes ago, Radiant Christmas Ike said:

Ace Attorney Investigations - Miles Edgeworth is on mobile devices now.

Screenshot_2017-12-08-15-18-09.png

Well this came the fudge out of nowhere. WHUT!? And it's apparently releasing today!? It's quite oddly timed to say the least.

Unrelated to the mobile port but why was it called Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth and not Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney - Investigations

This blatant inconsistency with the rest of the franchise will forever bother me until the day I die

On 12/8/2017 at 11:00 PM, Sean said:

Unrelated to the mobile port but why was it called Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth and not Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney - Investigations

This blatant inconsistency with the rest of the franchise will forever bother me until the day I die

I never noticed that, huh. Weird.

Maybe it's to emphasize Phoenix and Edgeworth being on opposite ends of the law. XP

• Chuckle 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/10/2017 at 7:30 PM, Celestia said:

I never noticed that, huh. Weird.

Maybe it's to emphasize Phoenix and Edgeworth being on opposite ends of the law. XP

Hrmmm, I'll admit,  I never thought of that one. 

I mean, I thought it was because Edgeworth isn't an attorney. In the series, attorneys typically refer to defense attorneys - Apollo, Phoenix, Athena etc. So when you have a game starring a prosecutor who is typically the direct opposition of attorneys, it doesn't make a lot of sense to use a title like Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney because it implies he's an attorney in the same vain as Phoenix when his role in the series and even Investigations is vastly different (Based a lot more on accusing and proving your deductions as opposed to defending someone in court, they cross over as Phoenix does a lot of that too, but in the bare minimum of such, that's typically the difference from what I gather.

Therefore Ace Attorney Investigations makes it clear it's simply a side-title in the AA series starring Edgeworth (who primarily investigates crime scenes in the game) as opposed to the other way around which would imply he's taking a defense attorney role in court.