Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

21 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

So,  despite the all the worries,  troubles,  trials and tribulations,  we're getting..... uh. 

Trials and Tribulations! Looks like Season 2 will hopefully be focused primarily on the third game alone! 

Which would mean much better pacing this time around than Season 1!

Hideki Kamiya reprises his role as Godot or I riot.

• Chuckle 1

An update.

The starting date of Season 2 looks to be set for autumn of 2018.

• 3 months later...

Well here's something you don't see every day. Hideki Kamiya reminds us that he's on our side for localization.

• 5 weeks later...

From Takumi's twitter feed:

Heh, how cute. It's almost as if they're planning to localize. Almost.

• 5 weeks later...

Capcoms schedule for TGS 2018 lists Ace Attorney for September 22nd

16:00 to 16:40 – Ace Attorney Series Special Courtroom 2018 – The latest information on the Ace Attorney series fans won’t want to miss. Featuring producer Motohide Eshiro and director Shinsuke Kodama.

I predict that they could talk a bit about the second season anime, and maybe answer the rumour by announcng Ace attorney for the switch and maybe AA7 for the switch.

For the "I can dream" section: Announcing Phoenix Wright as a fighter for smash Bros ultimate.

31 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Will this certainly came out of nowhere. 

Of all the people I didn’t need to see in our trailer for Season 2, it was Detective Penguin.

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Will this certainly came out of nowhere. 

Wow, Luke and Godot look great in the anime version.

Everytime this topic gets bumped, I hope it's the rumoured Switch ports only to realise "oh shit the anime is getting a second season". 

14 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Everytime this topic gets bumped, I hope it's the rumoured Switch ports only to realise "oh shit the anime is getting a second season". 

Same 

I watched the entirety of the first series of the anime, and God knows why because it was bloody awful. The stories work brilliantly as games/visual novels, but without audience interaction they need a very different approach. The pacing was all wrong, there stories didn't make any sense and... Urgh, it's impossible to say a nice thing about it. Just announce AA7 already (and let it be better than the crapfest that was AA6).

After how great Ace Attorny 6 was, I'm highly looking forward to whatever the series has next, provided it's good and not sporting a questionable development phase like Ace Attorney 4.

And it looks like we'll be getting quite a bout of information folks.

That's right! Another Ace Attorney stream at TGS has been announced to be showing on September 23rd. And unlike the first one, Takumi is appearing at this one along with Eshiro! Ace Attorney is getting no less than two streams dedicated to it at TGS!

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-trilogy-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc-in-early-2019

Original trilogy to be released on PC and modern consoles in early 2019. No news on a western release date but the japanese version has english text as an option, so it can be imported if wanted.

I might pick it up on Steam at some point. The art is hideous (pixelated GBA/DS sprites are best) but I never got why it took this long for the series to go multiplatform. I've avoided buying any version of the games past the DS so I'm not personally burned by the constant re-releases

lol no AA7 though

Wow. What a joke. Ace Attorney seems to be getting more re-releases and ports than necessary, and each time Capcom treats it like a big affair.

As good as these games are, they are essentially just visual novels. And they're incredibly linear ones at that. There's so little for the fans to gain out of re-releases.

Honestly, the addition of the cursor system from later games is a pretty big deal for me. I never felt encouraged to explore the areas besides looking for the crime scene hints I needed to progress, since everytime I tried to, more often than not, I got the generic "There's nothing here" (or whatever it is in AA) message and just gave up after a while. There are probably dozens and dozens of fun banter dialog boxes between Phoenix and Maya I missed because of that and I'm very eager to finally read them without randomly clicking around like an idiot.

Mind you, I'm not gonna get it full price and I think touting it as "something AA fans can't miss" was pretty freaking dumb (it IS, in essence, just another of the already plentiful re-releases), but yeah, if the price is right, I'm excited to delve into the games one final time.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

Wow. What a joke. Ace Attorney seems to be getting more re-releases and ports than necessary, and each time Capcom treats it like a big affair.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

I might pick it up on Steam at some point. The art is hideous (pixelated GBA/DS sprites are best) but I never got why it took this long for the series to go multiplatform. I've avoided buying any version of the games past the DS so I'm not personally burned by the constant re-releases

lol no AA7 though

And capcom once again,  remind fans that despite the good they've done,  they're not anywhere near reclaiming all trust yet. 

I’m perfectly fine with this outcome, I’ve wanted AA Trilogy on a non-handheld for awhile, and add in the fact there’s trophy support now and that makes me want it more.

45 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I’m perfectly fine with this outcome, I’ve wanted AA Trilogy on a non-handheld for awhile, and add in the fact there’s trophy support now and that makes me want it more.

Trophies??? When was that confirmed?

6 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Trophies??? When was that confirmed?

If it’s on PlayStation, Steam and Xbox, trophy/achievements have to be added, every game requires them. Even the IOS port had achievements, and fun ones based around finding various hidden gags and jokes throughout the trilogy, like finding the step ladder gag in each game. Only reason the 3DS port didn’t have it was due to the lack of achievement support on not only 3DS but Switch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Controlled my expectations but still...

tumblr_pfgkgimT2P1udzlioo2_500.jpg

I was kinda expecting more. I mean you can play the trilogy in all consoles now so yay I guess, (though I thought they would port 4,5,6 along with it.)

"Unmissable" is quite the stretch though, unless they're saving something for the last (though I HIGHLY doubt it).

• Fist Bump 1

The way I’m possibly seeing this is Capcom testing the waters for expanding the series. With the 3DS nearing the end of its life, Ace Attorney will be making the jump to consoles for the first time. Switch still counts in handheld mode and if you’re able to use more console power and on top of that - play it on a big screen anyway, why not use it to expand the series in terms of availability.

I know it’s disappointing that we aren’t getting 7 or even a second collection with Dual Destinies and the like, but this could be a huge deal, three different install bases that might not have played the series due to remaining relatively a Nintendo exclusive. PlayStation is also home to several different visual novel series like Danganronpa too, so there’s already a potential fan base there, and if this goes well, we could see Capcom throw more effort into the series now that it has a bigger fan base to play the games.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm just sick of Capcom supposedly having to "test " everything. 

Okay,  so they want to test it out on consoles, how about some upgrades to the looks!? It's been 15 years. They couldn't even be bothered to upscale the graphics to at least look on par with Apollo Justice HD??? Bull.

And even if they need to test how well it will do on other platforms, what the heck is stopping them from having the new game out for Nintendo,  where it's fully known they sell.

Hell, maybe even do a test like Game Freak and have a spin off made from them on console??

They "tested" Switch support with an old game, Street Fighter 2. Instead of using the X Legacy Collection's sales,  they're reporting to be using the unrelated Megaman 11's sales to test for a new X game. 

I'd like some "tests" that actually seem fair abd reasonable. Even Activision when they tested the waters for Crash,  came out guns blazing with an actual remake!! 

Is something new really too much to ask of Capcom??? Especially when they described this news as "Unmissable for Ace Attorney fans". You know,  people who have likely played these games and bought them over and over in fear of what Capcom might do if they don't?

Speaking as an Ace Attorney nut, even I can't let this one slide.

It's good news yes,  but it wasn't going to hold for that panel or the hyping they gave us.

Where's the Capcom that knew how to take risks??? The ones that gave faith to the idea of Ace Attorney back in its concept phase. The ones who sgook the ground with the changes that Resident Evil  3 brought to its franchise.  The company that went crazy with Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. And the company that wasn't stupid stingy with localizations?

• Thumbs Up 1