Jump to content
Agent York

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Recommended Posts

Just now, DiamondX said:

@Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley As stupid as this may sound, I reccomend we wait until tomorrow when they have the other AA presentation.

For all we know they may announce AA7.

 

As they say, save the best for last.

Even if they show Phoenix in Smash,  what with Sakurai being at Tokyo Game Show, people are still going to rightfully call them out for calling today's panel "unmissable for Ace Attorney fans".

Save the best for last,  sure,  but don't open up with such a weak first impression .....if that's the show you're hyping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they're saving the big game announcement for tomorrow, then it makes sense why the trilogy announce was today - because people's going to want to get caught up on the story before a potential AA7. AA4-6 were all heavily reliant on past lore and backstory to understand some of the plot threads so it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to get the games onto console beforehand to get everyone back up to speed. Otherwise we'd have the same situation that's currently present for KH3 on Xbox One - a well-anticipated new title in a long running lore-based series arriving on new consoles without any of the lore that provides context. 

It's still pretty stupid to announce it as unmissable for AA fans but it's nowhere near the worst idea in the world to put out the trilogy to not only try to gather a new fanbase along with the pre-established one, but possibly get people up to speed for AA7 if it happens. Wouldn't surprise me if we saw AA7 announced tomorrow and then a second trilogy release with Investigations, AJ, and possibly Dual Destinies.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm expecting the second trilogy (Apollo Justice-Duald Destinies-Spirit of Justice) announced some time next year, especially considering 2 games of it use 3D models and not sprites anymore, meaning it requires more effort for the upscaling. Not sure how the packaging of the Investigations and DGS games can go, but i can't see all 4 of them being bundled together (for one obvious reason or the other), maybe in groups of 2s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DiamondX said:

@Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley As stupid as this may sound, I reccomend we wait until tomorrow when they have the other AA presentation.

For all we know they may announce AA7.

 

As they say, save the best for last.

There's a second presentation?

Anyway I'm very happy about this, I've wanted to show my siblings these games for a while now but it would've been annoying on a screen as small as the 3DS. Pretty cool that it's coming to Xbox One, too! I just hope we get a second trilogy as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

I'm expecting the second trilogy (Apollo Justice-Duald Destinies-Spirit of Justice) announced some time next year, especially considering 2 games of it use 3D models and not sprites anymore, meaning it requires more effort for the upscaling.

If the current re-releass is anything to go by,  they aren't upscaling squat.

 

23 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Has there been any word on a physical release? I'm really hoping the English release gets one.

I'll have to think of a crazy bet for that,  given how unlikely it is that Capcom would get the message on that after all these years. 

19 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Anyway I'm very happy about this, I've wanted to show my siblings these games for a while now but it would've been annoying on a screen as small as the 3DS. Pretty cool that it's coming to Xbox One, too! I just hope we get a second trilogy as well.

The spread to other consoles is a good thing for the series exposure. 

Though, if they're not going to upscale the graphics or touch them up at all,  I wish they'd at least give us a choice to play with the better looking Wii/DS sprites,  animations and visuals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If they're saving the big game announcement for tomorrow, then it makes sense why the trilogy announce was today - because people's going to want to get caught up on the story before a potential AA7. AA4-6 were all heavily reliant on past lore and backstory to understand some of the plot threads so it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to get the games onto console beforehand to get everyone back up to speed. Otherwise we'd have the same situation that's currently present for KH3 on Xbox One - a well-anticipated new title in a long running lore-based series arriving on new consoles without any of the lore that provides context. 

Not including any other noteworthy game news at their own stream, isn't a blunder that would be overturned by such logic.

 

12 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we saw AA7 announced tomorrow

It's a V Jump stream. Likely talk about the anime,  and Capcom are not clever as they've been showing recently. 

There's about as much chance as a Smash  announcement if not more,  sadly than a legit new game. 

In fact,  I'l flat up make a few bets. 

We actually see news of physical overseas releases at long last,  I'll change my avatar to a silly Princess one for a week or two. Same for localizations or heck,  a new game. 

If we see a Phoenix Wright is playable in Smash release,  I'll do something even crazier and even try talking to,  and making amends with soneone I haven't talked to in a while. 

That's how confident I am that Capcom aren't going to be clever tonight. I'd love to these bets,  but for once,  I sadly doubt them. Tsk. Tsk.

Basically,  the new game is the thing I expect the least at this point. 

I assure you,  it would take a miracle for me to end up wrong on these tonight,  especially assuming it's just essentially a recap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tumblr_phtxjpmToT1vsb5ezo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_phtxjpmToT1vsb5ezo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_phtxjpmToT1vsb5ezo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_phtxjpmToT1vsb5ezo3_1280.jpg

Famitsu scan time! Looks like they're talking about the Trilogy coming to all consoles. There are release dates for Japan:February 21st 2019 for the Xbox PS4 and switch and Spring for PC.

Courtesy of court records:

For those in Japan, the release date of the port has been announced as February 21st and e-Capcom has also put up its limited edition versions of the game for Switch and PS4. Depending on which version you buy, it comes with a copy of the game, a soundtrack CD, a drama CD, a mini canvas art piece, a buildable Blue Badger kit and even some Steel Samurai trading cards. You can order them here

tumblr_phtt9tgcdK1rj9yra_540.jpg

 

tumblr_phtt9tKShj1rj9yra_540.jpg

tumblr_phtt9tKlIH1rj9yra_540.jpg

More AA Art is pretty nice. No word about the west however. (Is it me or is that sign from the last one look like the High School Musical logo?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

or those in Japan, the release date of the port has been announced as February 21st and e-Capcom has also put up its limited edition versions of the game for Switch and PS4. Depending on which version you buy, it comes with a copy of the game, a soundtrack CD, a drama CD, a mini canvas art piece, a buildable Blue Badger kit and even some Steel Samurai trading cards. You can order them here

tumblr_phtt9tgcdK1rj9yra_540.jpg

 

tumblr_phtt9tKShj1rj9yra_540.jpg

tumblr_phtt9tKlIH1rj9yra_540.jpg

More AA Art is pretty nice. No word about the west however. (Is it me or is that sign from the last one look like the High School Musical logo?)

For the love of GOd Capcom! You want this to qualify as "Big news for Ace Attorney fans"? Actually give us this overseas for a change and actually get to work making Ace Attorney equally popular over in the west. Physical releases. And it's not like you can lock this one behind region locked consoles anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a thought about the trilogy re-release coming to consoles, I wonder is it possible it'll be treated like a Legacy Collection release and get some extras? It'd be neat to get some stuff like maybe Episode 1 of the anime, promotional art, shots of the various merchandise out there and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expecting Capcom to treat this series with that level of respect. That's as unlikely as Phoenix Wright getting into Smash Ultimate as a fighter. 

....... Okay now that I think about it, Phoenix Wright being a Smash fighter has a better chance than the former.

Mainly because Phoenix getting into Smash is what would bolster his popularity enough verbally for Capcom to stop slouching overseas with the series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On another note - I've been running through the original Investigations game and just completed The Kidnapped Turnabout. The game itself is pretty good, and probably the most engrossed I got into a AA game since the original, or Trials and Tribulations. That said, major problem I have at the moment is just how obvious a lot of the villains are. Turnabout Airlines for example I'd argue was a shoe-in for one of my favourite cases in the series to this point because I thought the setting was great and a lot of the ideas was really cool, like Edgeworth getting captured in the start of the case under suspect of murder and needing to prove his innocence...

...but then the game practically ruins it by having Cammy Meele give herself away about as close to the beginning of the mystery as possible. Literally from the start, she acts snide, tries to shift blame, and is the only other person who can be the villain because there was no way they'd give it to the person Edgeworth was trying to defend. It really kills the episode a bit just by how much they kill the mystery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel that that's a problem with Ace Attorney quite often; that the culprit is unbelievably obvious, or that there are too few suspects in the first place for it to be much of a puzzle.  I accept it for the tutorial cases, but I think sometimes they let themselves down later on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 5:20 PM, JokerJovahexeonJoranvexeon said:

For the love of GOd Capcom! You want this to qualify as "Big news for Ace Attorney fans"? Actually give us this overseas for a change and actually get to work making Ace Attorney equally popular over in the west. Physical releases. And it's not like you can lock this one behind region locked consoles anyway.

I mean it's not like this series is one of the very few of its type to do incredibly well outside of Japan or anything lol

Anyway, question. Outside of the re-release with this new Collectors Edition were the OST's for AA and JFA ever re-released previously? Been going through all the OST's Capcom suddenly put up on Spotify and for some reason they went with the GBA versions as opposed to the DS versions of those OST's. Just seems odd why they'd do that when they have better quality versions out there.

I hope the trilogy's OST will be sold seperately at some point ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sneaked up as a surprise - previously announced for a Japan release of February 21st (which is tomorrow) - it might be coming worldwide sooner than we thought. There’s a high possibility it’ll get released worldwide next Tuesday. Reason being is that the trophy list has now popped up on trophy sites, and it’s fully translated, meaning the release is likely very soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Reason being is that the trophy list has now popped up on trophy sites, and it’s fully translated, meaning the release is likely very soon. 

Not really. It's already been established that the game comes with an english option, so it's not surprise there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Fitzroy said:

Not really. It's already been established that the game comes with an english option, so it's not surprise there.

English version is one thing, but it would still register the game as the Japanese version, since it would need to have the trophy list in both English and Japanese. 

Otherwise, you’d have Japanese trophies on the English version and vice versa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

English version is one thing, but it would still register the game as the Japanese version, since it would need to have the trophy list in both English and Japanese. 

Not necessarily. First, where did you get the trophy list from? Was it officially translated? Second, considering the language options for the systems themselves, there's no surprise there. Third, it's entirely liable that Capcom could be doing their usual thing in delaying/hindering the localization release for no good reason. Which means the assets could be there, but they don't intend to do a global release. Wouldn't be surprising given their track record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Fitzroy said:

Not necessarily. First, where did you get the trophy list from? Was it officially translated? Second, considering the language options for the systems themselves, there's no surprise there. Third, it's entirely liable that Capcom could be doing their usual thing in delaying/hindering the localization release for no good reason. Which means the assets could be there, but they don't intend to do a global release. Wouldn't be surprising given their track record.

1. it’s from trophy sites that pull the trophies right from PSN’s database, complete with trophy images. It’s been done plenty of times before, including with the likes of KH3, Mega Man X Legacy Collection and many others. These are official translations right from the PSN database. The reason this is the case is they also get the Japanese Trophy Lists from the database and they are fully untranslated, this is the official list pulled right from PSN.

2. It doesn’t matter what the language settings of the game itself is - trophy lists are stored on PSN and their databases, and each one has a different region with translated trophies for their given region. This is also a massive reason why trophy hunters will often times pick up the Japanese and English versions of games,  because they have separate trophy lists. Sonic World Adventure is a perfect example, having a separate list from Unleashed. Even if you had your game’s language set to English, the trophy list will remain in Japanese as that list is handled by Sony’s servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.