Awoo.

The Ace Attorney Topic (DS, 3DS, iOS) - News in OP

Agent York

Klavier was the only prosecutor who actually did his job right from the starting gate. He'll always have my respect for that alone as it was a welcome breath of fresh air to have a prosecutor that was ahead of you and was confident in his job and talent, yet still was on good terms with you. Besides, can't fault that savvy bastard for making Guilty Love.

Granted when you couple a character like that with a lead that's consistently being undermined by it's supporting cast, it's easy to think a lot less of him because of it. A story can survive a lot of bad things, but it's hard to survive if a main character doesn't manage much.

God I fucking love that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for bringing up Guilty Love because it made me think. How will they do the music this time? The original 3 had lowish res sound and AJ had higher quality. How realish will this one sound?

Toshihiko Horiyama was responsible for Apollo Justice's more "edgy" soundtrack, who for reference, is mostly credited for a good deal of Mega Man games (Mega Man X, Mega Man 7 and Battle Network 4 being but a few of the notable ones).

On the other hand the soundtrack for Ace Attorney 5 is being done by Noriyuki Iwadare, who made the soundtrack for Investigations and Ace Attorney 3, and also did all of the arranged Orchestral / Jazz albums. The reason the originals had a low-res sound was because the games were originally GBA games. Since this is being made for the 3DS, expect a lot of uncompressed orchestral compositions erring to the side of Investigations' soundtrack.

• Thumbs Up 1

Iwadare has been around forever, too. He's done the soundtrack for pretty much all of the Lunar games in some form or another (remakes included), so his repertoire dates back to at least the early 90s.

• 2 weeks later...

That Japanese Objection sounded new, so I guess they aren't reusing the voice clips.

And is it me, or does the music still have that midi sound to it?

tumblr_legcgsVxdN1qcj3oo.gif

If it was one I'd pass it off as a dream sequence, akin to the one in Justice for All, but... twice? How's this going to work? Maybe a transition from one to the other in the dream, or...

Well, this is odd, huh?

And is it me, or does the music still have that midi sound to it?

We won't really be able to tell until we get some good footage, but considering AAI's soundfont, I don't think it'll be an issue. I have faith they'll use the soundfont to its fullest, and I'm really excited to hear what they've got in store; I've been listening to the Gyakuten Meets Orchestra albums again and they're absolutely amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb7jrb6l4MU

Oh my god, the screenshots were awesome, seeing them in action made it a gillion times better.

I don't know if I'd get it new or not.

On one hand, I do want this IP to survive, it's pretty much the only Capcom IP left that I like.

On the other hand, $40 just seems like way too much for an Ace Attorney game. I don't find a whole lot of replayablility in them, and they're fairly short.

Shut the fuck up past me, we're buying this new.

• Thumbs Up 7

it0G4dePYFscX.gif

My god the animation is fantastic.

One or two more trailers. Then I'm going on a media-black out. Hopefully this gets released soon so I don't have to avoid spoilers for too long.

Got a translation for the trailer from Bolt Storm from court records.

Court -

This garden of honorable judgment...

Now - is blown away.

Will the truth be lost within the crumbling ruins of this system?

Objection!

The fight begins once more. Returned... Phoenix Wright!

The world of turnabout is reborn!

A new assistant makes her debut!

Kidzuki Kokone

That's a strange claim. You can't prove the slightest thing about any motive.

Kch! True... he doesn't seem to have a motive...

HOLD IT!

Pull evidence from shifting emtions

Heart Scope

Find the contradicting emotion, and...

"The attorney's just running in circles over there, nothing more."

"...Just when he was talking about attorneys, I felt a strong anger!"

Reveal the hidden secrets!

"You seem to be holding a real grudge against defense attorneys. That's more than motive enough!"

"But... that's no proof! Don't try and pin this on me!"

"You're not getting away!"

Phoenix and Kokone's new fight begins!

In a dark age of law, an arrival...

To show off a 'turnabout'.

He admitted to doing this very quickly so the translation might not be totally accurate.

In other news there a t shirt and a Phoenix Wright statue at tgs, neat.

Edited by Attorney Badge

What that?

You want a trailer from tgs?

Well here you go!

This game looks awesome.

Dat animation.

Dat music.

Dat everything.

Game of Forever, all forevers.

• Thumbs Up 6

I will be very disappointed if Maya or at LEAST Trucy don't show up. If Maya doesn't come up at all, fine, but Trucy is Phoenix's adopted daughter. It'd make no sense for her to just disappear.

That being said, this trailer looks fantastic.

Trucy is the one character from Apollo Justice who I'm expecting to return in some form. But I wouldn't put it past the writers to try sweeping that game under the rug as much as conceivably possible (hey, if they can manage to refer to Phoenix in AAI as "that guy in blue" in an unnaturally forced manner...) and not have her or any other character show up in a major role aside from a cameo or two.

And when that happens I'll fume and swing my pillow about and none of you would ever hear the end of it.

I've been interested in the series. I played the first one and thought it was fun, but never got to any of the others. This game really looks like a Solid experience! Consider this game mine when it's released!

You know the cop/swat guy in the trailer?

Well... This probably wouldn't have come to mind had I not been playing the game this week. I know it's not him, and there are a number of differences... but it looks/reminds me a lot of Akiba/Johnny from Metal Gear Solid 4.

It might just be the arm computer, but there was something about it that just reminded me so much of the guy from MGS4.

Anyway, looks cool for whats there, just won't get excited until it gets a western localisation.

SSMB: Bah of course it will it's...

Me: *points to the name of the company making it*

Actually on the subject of this, is the Layton/Phoenix game coming to the west at all?

There's been extremely little official word on its status outside of Japan. We're just going to have to wait for what Level-5 says at TGS.

You know the cop/swat guy in the trailer?

Well... This probably wouldn't have come to mind had I not been playing the game this week. I know it's not him, and there are a number of differences... but it looks/reminds me a lot of Akiba/Johnny from Metal Gear Solid 4.

It might just be the arm computer, but there was something about it that just reminded me so much of the guy from MGS4.

Anyway, looks cool for whats there, just won't get excited until it gets a western localisation.

SSMB: Bah of course it will it's...

Me: *points to the name of the company making it*

Actually on the subject of this, is the Layton/Phoenix game coming to the west at all?

This game was confirmed for a Western release the day it was revealed. I don't think the Layton VS Phoenix game has been announced for a Western release yet, though.