Awoo.

Should there be more animals like Sonic as NPC?

Mangoaxe5

Here's how I would do it. Have the animals be designed very little like Sonic characters, less so than Big. They would be more animalistic in look and in some cases behavior as well. They would be found in places humans are and co exist.

I understand that people would think that having Mobian-like NPCs in future games would just lead to more Mary Sue/Gary Stu nonsense (saying this despite the fact that I have a Sonic fancharacter (#hypocrite)), but I think it wouldn't be a bad idea. I have no problems with the art direction in Unleashed in terms of the human NPCs. It was a refreshing change of pace from the realistic designs of the NPCs in 2006 (which not only looked out-of-place in my opinion, but the character models themselves were terrible and horribly generic--even more so than in SA1). But I think Sonic's world in the games--Earth, Mobius, Planet Freedom, whatever you prefer to call it--are oversaturated with humans. Ever since I got back into the Dragon Ball series, I started to think that maybe Sonic's world should be like the world of DBZ--yeah, there are humans, but there are also other anthro characters into the mix. I think this would make Sonic and his friends' existence in this society feel less awkward in my opinion, since there are others like Sonic--not necessarily in species, but in... er, being. I guess I would describe it like the co-existence of humans and Reploids in Megaman X, except the Mavericks are Badniks instead of Mobians coming down with the Sigma virus. I understand and sympathize with those who'd rather not start even more deviantArt recolor shenanigans, but I think it would fit the series.

Could we not just pull a generations and use the main cast as NPCs? Since Sega don't seem to be planning on using them anytime soon. Maybe we could intergrate them with human NPCs like in unleashed. Say, we'd have 5-10 human NPCs wandering around a hub, and then maybe Espio or someone as well to talk to.

I we are to have to create new Anthro NPCs, I'd try to avoid making them the same speices as any of the main cast. No hedgehogs, no foxes. That way the main characters stand out more.

• Thumbs Up 2

Could we not just pull a generations and use the main cast as NPCs? Since Sega don't seem to be planning on using them anytime soon. Maybe we could intergrate them with human NPCs like in unleashed. Say, we'd have 5-10 human NPCs wandering around a hub, and then maybe Espio or someone as well to talk to.

I could very well picture that actually working in a new Sonic game with having characters like the Chaotix crew, or one or two relatively new characters going on with their lives and giving hints on where to proceed to next offering a job for a nice reward. One situation I could picture is a rat character who has stolen something, you have to catch him in town, and then you get a nice reward.