Awoo.

Plotholes in the Sonic Series: Try to Solve them once and for all.

King Frosty

The moon was sooooo sexy, Sonic Team didn't give a shit.

The_Ugly_Barnacle_by_PlanetGame.png

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

Indy.

Mang.

Can ya explain it in a way that isn't through a timeline. :r

So basically...

Think 4th dimensionally.

When Sonic, Shadow and the rest are initially sent into the future, this creates a tangent where they never return, where Iblis is released and everything goes to the crapper. This tangent is saved from the timeline wiping, which is how Sonic is able to go here in Generations. This is also the same place where Chaotic Inferno and the Ifrit Dimension resides, so Iblis is actually Ifrit, and Chaotic Inferno is actually Crisis City.

When Elise erases time, it created a tangential realm where these events never happen, and everyone who was involved had their memories wiped for the most part. Remember, they have some faint rememberance, but it's mostly deja-vu level. When this happens, Sonic and friends are sent back to their original place in time, where the initial timeline is truly erased forever. Silver however is from the future, and was therefore sent to the tangential Iblis dimension. Will of the Chaos Emeralds, I guess? This works mostly because it's as if nothing changed for Silver, except now there's Eggman Nega to deal with.

When Blaze was sent to another dimension, remember... Silver didn't do it properly. She then was sent to a newly created tangential world where Iblis was around, however it was sealed inside of her. It's assumed that she was able to defeat him as Silver was eventually able to do in his new tangential world. Since the memory wipe happened, she doesn't remember Silver or Sonic, aside from perhaps some slight deja-vu. This new tangential dimension is now known as Blaze's dimension. I think that in the process of making this realm, the Chaos Emeralds infused with Iblis himself to create the Sol Emeralds, which could explain why only Blaze can use them, since her "soul is alit with flames." Also, Sol, Solaris. Derp.

And... that's it.

That's all I can come up with.

Definitely isn't canon, but it's better than what Sonic Team has given us.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 4

So basically...

Think 4th dimensionally.

When Sonic, Shadow and the rest are initially sent into the future, this creates a tangent where they never return, where Iblis is released and everything goes to the crapper. This tangent is saved from the timeline wiping, which is how Sonic is able to go here in Generations. This is also the same place where Chaotic Inferno and the Ifrit Dimension resides, so Iblis is actually Ifrit, and Chaotic Inferno is actually Crisis City.

When Elise erases time, it created a tangential realm where these events never happen, and everyone who was involved had their memories wiped for the most part. Remember, they have some faint rememberance, but it's mostly deja-vu level. When this happens, Sonic and friends are sent back to their original place in time, where the initial timeline is truly erased forever. Silver however is from the future, and was therefore sent to the tangential Iblis dimension. Will of the Chaos Emeralds, I guess? This works mostly because it's as if nothing changed for Silver, except now there's Eggman Nega to deal with.

When Blaze was sent to another dimension, remember... Silver didn't do it properly. She then was sent to a newly created tangential world where Iblis was around, however it was sealed inside of her. It's assumed that she was able to defeat him as Silver was eventually able to do in his new tangential world. Since the memory wipe happened, she doesn't remember Silver or Sonic, aside from perhaps some slight deja-vu. This new tangential dimension is now known as Blaze's dimension. I think that in the process of making this realm, the Chaos Emeralds infused with Iblis himself to create the Sol Emeralds, which could explain why only Blaze can use them, since her "soul is alit with flames." Also, Sol, Solaris. Derp.

And... that's it.

That's all I can come up with.

Definitely isn't canon, but it's better than what Sonic Team has given us.

So basically...

Think 4th dimensionally.

To clarify on this, it's essentially Thermodynamics: Matter (or Energy) cannot be created nor destroyed, just moved or replaced. As such, this also falls into Quantam Mechanics, AKA Time: It cannot be destroyed, just replaced.

With this in mind, Solaris wasn't destroyed, but rather replaced by the Sol Emeralds containing similar power. Blaze is part of this new timeline because she sealed herself away in another dimension with Iblis inside her, so time itself had to "replace" her history since Iblis technically couldn't exist.

In short: I agree with Indigo's assessment because I was thinking on the same lines.

Edited by Marco

Enduring years of abuse has made Tails into a schizophrenic psychopath, occaisonally displaying his penchant for violence and talent for mayhem when the right tools and the smallest of opportunities are present.

Edited by Jayhawker30

He ran away before anyone could thank him.

"All's well that ends well, right?"

"SSAAWWNNIIKK?"

"Have fun cleanung up this shit up in your own buddy, imma takin a much needed vacation to San Fransisco!"

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

How about the reason why Eggman became evil?

I'm talking about the video game canon here, so please, oh please don't bring up the Sonic bible or Archie comics' story or none of that shit.

This was never explained in any of the Japanese manuals, but I'm guessing he was trying to be an inventor like Gerald Robotnik, but after so many failed expiriments, he went insane.

On the subject of the moon: something that large can't maintain a non spherical form. If you take a chunk out of it massive landslides will take place until its spherical again.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think any Blaze explaination that involves her going from the end of Sonic 06 -> The Rush dimension doesn't really work because she's supposed to be a princess in that dimension, which would logically mean she has a familly lineage.

How about the reason why Eggman became evil?

Something about the character that isn't explained ≠ a plothole. For a plothole to exist there has to be an inconsistency or at least something to stop it from making sense.

On the subject of the moon: something that large can't maintain a non spherical form. If you take a chunk out of it massive landslides will take place until its spherical again.

Yes, it really is as simple as gravity folks. We should just leave it at that.

I think any Blaze explaination that involves her going from the end of Sonic 06 -> The Rush dimension doesn't really work because she's supposed to be a princess in that dimension, which would logically mean she has a familly lineage.

This doesnt work not because of that but because of Iblis. At the end of 06 we assume that since Blaze moved to another dimension she wasnt affected by retckon but why Iblis was? He (It?) was with her. And saying "He was erased" doesnt work either since if he was erased then Blaze never went to another dimension. And boom plothole.

This or we can assume that 06 happens before Rush but 06 Blaze is one AFTER/BEFORE (Both can be true) one of Rushes. We know that Sol/Chaos Emeralds transports one where he/she is needed (Proved in Rush Adventure and Rush) so maybe Blaze got transported to Silver's future and then when Iblis got retckoned he never got there so she doesnt remember. No timeline fucked up and characters still dont remember=Works for me. But I dont think anyone else will agree on this one.

Not necessarily.

Blaze would have become the single strongest person on that planet by a country mile the second she stepped foot into the sol dimension. Her Princess status could have been appointed as a result of a Koala population that was too afraid to wait for her to decide to conquer the world by force. That wouldn't surprise me, as they are all still fairly intimidated by her even when she's on their side.

There's a whole lot of stuff in the games that point to 06 --> Rush.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

At this point I wish they'd create Blaze's father or mother so that theory can go die.

What's your explanation for no Iblis in Blaze? And why doesn't Blaze recognize Sonic in Rush?

At this point I wish they'd create Blaze's father or mother so that theory can go die.

Although I would love to see them, I'm pretty sure they won't because they already have two cat characters, parents aren't really a big thing in the Sonic series (which would lead to "Hey, where's SONIC's parents? What about TAILS, or AMY..."), and that I can't really imagine Blaze's father without thinking of another copyrighted character.

bb3d74ca3-1.jpg

Pity.

Edited by Mr. Awesomest
  • Thumbs Up 3

Well there was tikal's father. That;s about it for the sonic series. At least that i can think of.

Edited by The Amazing Spiderman

Although I would love to see them, I'm pretty sure they won't because they already have two cat characters, parents aren't really a big thing in the Sonic series (which would lead to "Hey, where's SONIC's parents? What about TAILS, or AMY..."), and that I can't really imagine Blaze's father without thinking of another copyrighted character. Pity.

Broken link.

What's your explanation for no Iblis in Blaze? And why doesn't Blaze recognize Sonic in Rush?

Colossal Space-Time F*up? You can't wipe out a time god (whom was in the middle of devouring space time) without screwing up somebodies place in the timeline.

As for the recognition thing, Sonic failed to recognize Silver in rivals, and nobody remembers 06. The easiest explanation is probably some sort of collective selective amnesia - again thanks in part to axing a time god.

Are we seriously back to Blaze? Goddamn it.

I won't bore you with DogTagz's Blaze theory 6.0 then.

(although I will say that I was all over the Rush Blaze = 06 Blaze before there was any proof)

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Colossal Space-Time F*up?
At this point you have no reason to continue ascribing any logic to anything involved. Why even presume that the Blaze from Rush is the Blaze from '06 anymore? For all we know killing the Time God Bird Thing caused billions of Blazes to appear throughout all of spacetime for no reason. Or maybe it caused a specific hiccup in a completely different dimension that caused what would have been a male blue hedgehog to be born as a female purple cat. Or any number of completely ridiculous but technically "logically" valid theories, since the whole thing is predicated on the idea that logic was told to fuck off for a moment just so we could beat this plothole into shape.

In case it's not clear, I really fuckin' hate these kinds of theories. edit: "theories". It doesn't deserve to be called a theory without also having massive sarcasm quotes around it.

Edited by Diogenes

At this point you have no reason to continue ascribing any logic to anything involved. Why even presume that the Blaze from Rush is the Blaze from '06 anymore? For all we know killing the Time God Bird Thing caused billions of Blazes to appear throughout all of spacetime for no reason. Or maybe it caused a specific hiccup in a completely different dimension that caused what would have been a male blue hedgehog to be born as a female purple cat. Or any number of completely ridiculous but technically "logically" valid theories, since the whole thing is predicated on the idea that logic was told to fuck off for a moment just so we could beat this plothole into shape.

Normally, I'd agree with that. Spacetime F*up could facilitate any and all possible explanations.

But none of that applies to Blaze's particular problem now. Thanks to the two or three games here and there, we know the Blaze of 06 and the Blaze of Rush are almost certainly one in the same. Now we move beyond wild speculation territory to a simple fill-in-the-blank waiting game.

Plotholes are only plotholes if you have to break logic to reach a conclusion. 06's logic is so twisted between the erasing of timelines and the shake up of prime zone history that there should be some way that the same logic could provide a viable solution.... we just don't know what it'll be yet. Even if you consider 06's brand of logic busted (I'm sure you all are aware that I don't) there's nothing wrong with using the same logic to solve a situation that originated in that game anyway.

In case it's not clear, I really fuckin' hate these kinds of theories. edit: "theories". It doesn't deserve to be called a theory without also having massive sarcasm quotes around it.

Well, that's all your gonna get until we get another game with Blaze. Evey recent game she's appeared in has pieced together a little more of the puzzle.

Edited by Sega DogTagz