Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2012!

Badnik Mechanic

6792975739_c10b63097c.jpg

Sega have just announced Sonic Boom 2012

Going to be held this year on July 13th (during comic con!) at the House of Blues.

You do NOT need a comic con ticket to attend Sonic Boom. However be advised that demand for accomodation during this time will be very high so be prepared to look around for hotels.

No word on how tickets to Boom will be allocated yet but the Sega blog mentions more details will be made in the coming months.

Original Blog post here...

All aboard the Boom Bus

sonicboombbus2.png

So... anyone here going? I'm not, can't afford it... but so wish I was.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 9

I hope you Americans enjoy Sonic Boom 2012 cause it looked awesome last year...I live in London so I'm stoked for Summer of Sonic '12! WOOOOOOOOT, BRING IT ON!! biggrin.png

I'd like to visit sometime, but it'd have to be when I'm older. ATM I'm sticking with Summer of Sonic since it's only a 3 and a half hour drive away compared to a plane flight to the other side of the world.

SEGA of America is located in San Francisco, California.

They could still throw some NYC events. Colors ice skating was a start, but they need to dream bigger.

They could still throw some NYC events. Colors ice skating was a start, but they need to dream bigger.

Being staff at SoS, I can tell you that these events are mega expensive. I seriously doubt SOA could afford more than one per year.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

Oh no doubt! Just thinking aloud. Alternating coasts each year would be ideal, but I get it if they can't do it. Though it would be ideal for fans.

Chicago has awesome convention space and is a big gaming city (home to pinball and Midway (RIP)), plus its in a central location.

Perhaps someday some US fans will get together and organize a midwest or east coast convention. I'd love to see a SEGA con.

I guess I better start looking at flight prices from VA to CA.

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully I'll be able to go again this year. I had such a great time at Sonic Boom last year, it was seriously one of the best nights of my life.

• Thumbs Up 2

Honestly, I would hold a convention in Delaware, the most obscure awesome US state ever.

I live in CO and if I can get ahold of some tickets, I'll be going, and hopefully I'll be able to steal the show with another costume! (I won the 2011 costume contest, and I love to brag) On another note because of people's desperation for tickets last year, (those little buggers sold out in a snap) if the ticket system is anything like last year's I recommend grabbing a couple extra for people on the boards who might miss out. Hope to see you there!

I do have one request of a non selfish nature.

If anyone here is going and they have a videocamera... can they please please pleeeeaseee do a 'tour video' of the venue? I don't just mean stand there and film stage acts, but actually walk around filming everything thats there, even if theres no much to see or if it's a dark venue.

I'm not sure anyone actually did a 'walk around' tour video of the last Sonic boom, there was tons of stage footage but nothing along the lines of what it was like to actually walk around, heck I think that there was only one photo of the merch stall that popped up a few days after the event.

To be honest, there wasn't really a whole lot else to see. There were cutouts of numerous Sonic characters put all over the walls which was pretty cool (I think I might have a few pics I took of those), and a crapload of kiosks with Sonic Generations. And of course there was the bar too.

But anyway, yeah I could try and do that, assuming I go again this year.

Edited by mikeblastdude

@Hogfather

I can do this for the board if I get tickets to go with. I planned on taking a walkthrough video for my own memories anyways. You can unfortunatlely excpect it to be in meh Iphone 4 camera quality. :P I'll be hoping for another SoS walkthrough from you in the meantime. :)

On another note, has anyone been to the venue before at this "House of Blues"? If you have, then do you have any idea what the amount of tickets will be allotted?

That feel when you only live 40 minutes away from San Diego and you still can't go due to lack of car insurance, money, time, and experience on the freeway.

• Thumbs Up 1

That feel when you only live 40 minutes away from San Diego and you still can't go due to lack of car insurance, money, time, and experience on the freeway.

Come on you have like 6 months to get save up money and practice on the freeway!! biggrin.png