Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2012!

Badnik Mechanic

That feel when you only live 40 minutes away from San Diego and you still can't go due to lack of car insurance, money, time, and experience on the freeway.

Check out the bus times! Whoa!

If it's really only 40 min away, is public transport not at all possible?

I thought for sure someone would've uploaded a "walk around" video of Boom last year. I have most of the stage events and a short left to right and back again videos still sitting on my camera

I'm definitely going, even if I can't get a hold of Comic-Con tickets (already put in a time-off request at work)

I ran into Jason Berry at the SEGA Arcade during last Comic-Con, so I'm sure he'll be going

Update: Tomorrow morning it's been exactly 1 year since Comic-Con 2011 tickets went on sale.. time to start looking for hotel rooms

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

Sonic Boom should at least get a sub section on the Summer of Sonic boards..you know, to avoid further topics n' such

Maybe it could be pinned.

Anyway, I wish I could go, I've only been to Calafornia once in my life (when I was 2...), and going to a Sonic event like this would be cool. I had a ticket last year (won the TSSZ contest), but I couldn't go because it was during school. >.<

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Boom just became slightly more interesting for me! I recently asked Mike Pollock, the voice of Eggman, if he had any plans on possibly going to Sonic Boom. His reply: "If they invite me to, which they haven't yet. Feel free to put in a good word for me!" So, I then emailed the SEGA comunity team asking if they would please invite Mike to Sonic Boom. So, if you would like to see him there I reccomend that you send SEGA a nice email asking them to invite Mike!

Edited by dirupti

I'll just stay here in cozy Pennsylvania and dream of a day, one magical day, a Sonic con comes to the east coast, or I have enough money to go to Sonic Boom or SoS.

le sigh

• 1 month later...

Giving this a bump (looks on his dash panel to see if there's a sticky/pin request)

I got tickets to Comic-Con, so July is going to be double awesome. Anyone hear/read any news about this event?

Ahh.. I think I'm too lazy to go down to San Diego. Doesn't help that none of my friends like this kinda stuff so I'd have to go alone!

I took some pictures from last year. The decor was not very interesting truth be told. I have some more if anybody's interested, but really, there isn't much.

img0695hh.jpg

I don't blame them for charging us to pay tickets this year especially if what they're saying is true about people grabbing a bunch of tickets only cause it's free and they have no intentions on going and wastes them. I hate when people do that. :\

Yeah, that happened big-time last year, so I completely understand as well. The line for the non-ticket people was HUGE, but the good part was that most all of them seemed to be able to get in.

Ahh.. I think I'm too lazy to go down to San Diego. Doesn't help that none of my friends like this kinda stuff so I'd have to go alone!

I took some pictures from last year. The decor was not very interesting truth be told. I have some more if anybody's interested, but really, there isn't much.

img0695hh.jpg

People were peeling those off at the end of the night :P

How far away from San Diego are you?

Looking forward to the event once again and can we get this pinned now? :)

People were peeling those off at the end of the night tongue.png

Had I been there I probably would have done, as well as taken a lot of T-shirts =p

I wasn't sure if we were allowed to or not.. a couple of people pulled them off so fast they folded onto themselves and couldn't be undone :/

They were handing out a lot of the excess shirts and hats at the end of the night, I scored 3 of 'em ,4 hats, a couple of sets of badges..

I hate living in the midwest. Too far from the east coast, too far from the west coast. No love in the middle. =(

• Thumbs Up 1

S4E2 will be already out before Sonic Boom 2012. It makes me wonder what games or something Sonic related they're going to show there at the event.

I just C/P'd the question from SoS '12 topic so i wasn't paying attn. to the release day.

A co-op S4E2 speenrun tournament would sound like fun.

Tickets are on sale now!

I just got mine, so to all those who are going, I'll see you there! :D

Mikeblastdude! I'm totally catching up with you!

Just got my two tickets :D Cant wait! USA HERE COME!

• Thumbs Up 1