Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2012!

Badnik Mechanic

1,000,000 Mario coins that no one is allowed to ask Iizuka for Generations DLC

Iizuka answered already about Big. If people want him, he'll return

Someone please, please, scream in my name during the Crush 40 show: "-PLAY ICE CAP ZONE!" and see what they will answer :D And if someone have a chance, ask Iizuka if he is already moving on with the new main Sonic tittle, or he still have plans for Sonic Generations. Asking like that will not make sound so directly about DLCs.

I believe it starts in about 2 hours from now. Sooo I'm assuming 8 PM eastern?

Is there a Live Stream? Or do we have to rely on twitter?

If it's anything like Summer of Sonic then I'm pulling an all nighter! It doesn't seem the stream is working.

Edited by Aeronautical

If it's anything like Summer of Sonic then I'm pulling an all nighter! It doesn't seem the stream is working.

Yeah, they're offline right now. If they really decide to go through with it and stream (and if it works), it might pop up in about 15 minutes. Better check their twitter for updates.

And now they're live! Quality is a bit iffy but it's up. Countdown time.

Edited by Coral

Boom has opened, it looks like everybody is getting a 'Sonic merchandise' goody bag, and Sonic merchandise have a competition running at the event too.

Crush 40 on at 6pm.

Hey guys, they're showing footage of a Sonic game for the PS Vita, it's only a tech demo though.

Nope, Crush 40 right now....

Why no livestream?

I mean C'mon SEGA, it ain't that hard to setup. All you need is a strategically placed webcam and a computer. Or if you have access a half-decent camcorder or even low-end film camera hooked up.

You know whats really annoying about this? The fact if you're not there, there just doesn't seem to be a way to follow it.

it's been doors open for about two hours, so far we know Crush 40 have/are performing, theres a Mario cosplayer, and a beer mat, thats it.

No live stream (SOS' was set up by fans so it's not exactly a giant technical task).

No official twitter updates (S0L and Sonic merchandise have given more tweets sine the show started).

No live blog... theres just... nothing.

Finally some news... here is whats inside the goody bag.

Sonic Boom T-shirt.

Random archie comic.

The sonic hat.

And thats your lot... not really thats it!

It shouldn't be too hard to find one person to stream the event?

Maybe next year.

It shouldn't be too hard to find one person to stream the event?

Maybe next year.

It's not just that though. They have 800 people there (according to reports), None of them seem to be tweeting about it. With SOS there were new tweets going up every few seconds?

It's not just that though. They have 800 people there (according to reports), None of them seem to be tweeting about it. With SOS there were new tweets going up every few seconds?

Maybe the people are having too much fun that they don't feel like spending time on their phones tweeting about the event?

Oh and a new tweet pops up every 5 or 10 minutes on the Sonic Boom twitter page.

Edited by sonfan1984

AxuZh90CIAAWE-a.jpg

Is this the person who won the Cosplay Contest?

Edited by Son1ctrainer

It definitely seemed like they put more effort into Sonic Boom last year than they did this year. Sonic's 20th was last year but still.

That goody bag kinda sucks...

Thats one thing I really like about of Summer of Sonic, a lot of love goes into that because its by the fans for the fans. I just wish I could go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Overall this Sonic Boom to me was honestly MEH!!!. We can now offically see that Sega no longer cares for Generations, and Ralph and Sonic Adventure 2 were the BIG news. MEH

If they was going to release DLC for Gens then they would've done so months ago. I no longer care anymore. :\