Awoo.

[COMMUNITY PROJECT] "Sonic the Parody" with neon lights everywhere!

Jeffhog

Read the second one now as well. I got ever so slightly confused by the fact that the first part was written by somebody else entirely, but the actual idea of passing a fanfiction down from one author to another is certainly a very novel one, and one which could have backfired horribly.

In the instance of Sonic the Parody however? Couldn't even tell the difference. Yeah, the high school setting was a little strange, and I don't think that really suited the story as a whole, but the reasons for using it were justified so I'm not going to moan.

HOWEVER! If there's ever a third one and the title Sonic the Paro-3 isn't used...well, I'm clearly rather crap at trying to be funny.

Read the second one now as well. I got ever so slightly confused by the fact that the first part was written by somebody else entirely, but the actual idea of passing a fanfiction down from one author to another is certainly a very novel one, and one which could have backfired horribly.

In the instance of Sonic the Parody however? Couldn't even tell the difference. Yeah, the high school setting was a little strange, and I don't think that really suited the story as a whole, but the reasons for using it were justified so I'm not going to moan.

HOWEVER! If there's ever a third one and the title Sonic the Paro-3 isn't used...well, I'm clearly rather crap at trying to be funny.

Yes, it is true that I am not the original author, but rest assured that when the account was given to me, Mystery001 transferred ownership of all stories to me. To my knowledge I'm not aware of an account which has been handed down, and I'm going to hand it down when I retire; try to make it a tradition.

In my opinion, the best compliment you could've given me is that my work was indistinguishable from Mystery001's, so I'll take your thoughts on the High School with a grain of salt. I do understand what you mean about it being rather unnatural for Sonic, but that was in a sense my point - I've seen far too many people write idiotic "Sonic High School" fanfictions, and simply couldn't resist lampooning this, even if my lampoon fell prey to some of the same pointlessness that exists in the fictions themselves.

Oh, and before I forget, thanks for offering to help, EXshad. :D

In my opinion, the best compliment you could've given me is that my work was indistinguishable from Mystery001's, so I'll take your thoughts on the High School with a grain of salt. I do understand what you mean about it being rather unnatural for Sonic, but that was in a sense my point - I've seen far too many people write idiotic "Sonic High School" fanfictions, and simply couldn't resist lampooning this, even if my lampoon fell prey to some of the same pointlessness that exists in the fictions themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love to participate in this, but I don't have any way of recording my voice.

This is such a fantastically cheesy idea that I want to say - I'm in. Due to workload and other commitments though, I'd probably only be able to do a voice recording of some sort. I'll do whatever - narrator, cameo, it's all good. :)

• Thumbs Up 8

Heh...well I've been thinking about this, and I'm not sure.

I could be a part of it, with my usual drawing method. But since I'm an established (or self proclaimed) cartoonist anyway, I don't wanna steal a job away from anyone who struggles in that area. But on the other hand, I do love to draw wacky facial expressions and experiment with my drawing methods.

I'll see if I can come up with anything that can match the quality you guys are aiming for...

• Thumbs Up 1

Count me in! I unfortunately don't have a working mic at the moment so I'd only be able to contribute on the art side of things, but I'm happy to pitch in!

Do you have an art program of sorts on your computer? Even MSPaint?

How shitty do you want the art? because I can't draw to save my life.

In that case, I might as well start gathering names as to who's who.

Voice acting will be another thing as well. There's quite a few roles to cover, but there's also the two female characters Mary and Sue to look into.

So, actual female voices or crackly and awful male impression of said female voices?

In that case, I might as well start gathering names as to who's who.

Voice acting will be another thing as well. There's quite a few roles to cover, but there's also the two female characters Mary and Sue to look into.

So, actual female voices or crackly and awful male impression of said female voices?

Well, as much as I like awful male impressions of female voices (my Cream being a prominent example) I do think it may be slightly... sexist... to have all female roles portrayed by male voice actors. Perhaps we should run about 50/50, and then we just have a few female vocalists do some... entertaining impersonations of male voices.

Well, as much as I like awful male impressions of female voices (my Cream being a prominent example) I do think it may be slightly... sexist... to have all female roles portrayed by male voice actors. Perhaps we should run about 50/50, and then we just have a few female vocalists do some... entertaining impersonations of male voices.

Well, it all comes down to who's willing to lend their vocal chords. Female roles will be handed to females primarily as we're no longer living in the Medieval and Renaissance eras, but if we're not gaining enough voluntary voice actresses, we're gonna have to go for males.

That's why we'll have auditions! :D Perhaps on YouTube as well... We'll need advertising!

I think it's all about availability. Whenever Eddy rounds us up for a spindash dub project, we usually try to give female roles to girls when we can, but sometimes they're not around, so we just turn to one of our back-up dewds that can sorta get their voice "up there" and make due with a crappy girl impersonation until the actual girl for the role comes back. tongue.png Hope we get some girls for this though, as it adds an extra level of believably to said female role.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just read it and Wow, this is some fantastic stuff and what you guys are doing. I love to help out or anything but I am not sure what I can contribute.

I guess I could draw something because I have not got a mic. I could try to see if anyone else wants to join or tell them about it.

Will there be one animator doing the whole thing, or will we have multiple?

• Thumbs Up 1

Guess if I want to be a part of this, I should give some samples. First, an example of abject insanity and the lengths to which I am willing to extend my voice for comedic value.

Skip to 1:07:30 to see the shit hit the fan, and then skip to 1:12:00 when there is a prolonged silence. Uhh... yup. Moving on, here's a terrible video I adlibbed back in 2009 when I apparently had the worlds worst mic.

If a formal audition process takes place, I'll be a part of it. I literally have nothing else to do with my spare time right now, other than writing fanfictions not quite as terrible as the one this project is based on.

Edited by Legendary Emerald